Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":37571zou said:
Blitzer88":37571zou said:
If I had twitter I would definitely twitting about this, keep up the great work guys for those of us that can't!

Once you start using it, it gets addicting.

Thats why I don't want one lol, I already have enough trouble staying off of facebook, don't need another thing that will take up part of my day :mrgreen:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":18iuhu2t said:
Blitzer88":18iuhu2t said:
If I had twitter I would definitely twitting about this, keep up the great work guys for those of us that can't!

Once you start using it, it gets addicting.

I dont have followers or tweet very much, but its a good way to set up a personalized news feed for yourself.

drdiags

Reaction score
Lieutenant Dan":2gfqj7yc said:
Wasn't the city council vote yesterday? I can't find anything on it over at king5.com...

They were saying on Twitter that the City council was delaying discussing the Arena MOU until after a recess period. They are expecting to pick this up @Aug 24th.

Our own Seatown81 is a good twitter follow for all the latest details. @EJJ206

EDIT: King5 thinks a vote will not occur until September.

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/No-...s-target-Port-with-Twitter-war-166057806.html

Blitzer88

Reaction score
drdiags":3ue51rf2 said:
Lieutenant Dan":3ue51rf2 said:
Wasn't the city council vote yesterday? I can't find anything on it over at king5.com...

They were saying on Twitter that the City council was delaying discussing the Arena MOU until after a recess period. They are expecting to pick this up @Aug 24th.

Our own Seatown81 is a good twitter follow for all the latest details. @EJJ206

EDIT: King5 thinks a vote will not occur until September.

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/No-...s-target-Port-with-Twitter-war-166057806.html

Booooooooo! Vote now council!

drdiags

Reaction score
Throwdown":2h7v45tx said:
hahaha I saw Seatown on twitter yesterday and followed him, i could tell by the pic.

Same here. He got re-tweeted by Rotak (I believe) and when I saw that banana head, knew it was Seatown.

No problem Lt Dan.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seattle City Council stalling out again, watch them drag this past the election date so they can play safe and campaign on what their district yells the loudest.

I hope Hansen can pull some magic off but this city council would rather spray perfume all over themselves while standing in crap and say they are green and helping the enviroment then simply flushing a toilet and cleaning up problems.

With all the mud slinging going on I beleive they are hoping to turn up a skelton to throw a wrench in the mix.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Don't get too discouraged, guys. It's not happening as quickly as we all would like. But it's better for the council to get it right, than it is to do it fast. There are likely a couple council members still on the fence that need a little bit more to get fully on board. People in the know are all saying that word is Tim Burgess, who leads the committee overseeing the proposal, is doing a good job trying to make this work for everyone. We don't want the council voting this out of committee and to a vote if it won't pass. That's why waiting a couple more weeks to get a deal that everyone is happy with is important.

Here's an update from Chris Hansen from yesterday:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/progress-report

Hey Everyone,

Our recent conversations with the City Council have been very productive and I am committed to continuing the discussion. I hope we’ll soon reach an agreement that will put us on track to bring NBA basketball back to Seattle.

— Chris Hansen

And some positive news today. Local Seattle politicians telling the city council that they support the arena:

http://www.sonicsarena.com/news/letter- ... egislators

Senator David Frockt, Representative Eric Pettigrew, and Senator Jeanne Kohl-Welles sent this letter in support of Sonics Arena to the Seattle City Council.

"Letting this proposal pass would be a missed opportunity that would leave us wondering for years what could have come from a project promising thousands of family wage jobs, expanded economic activity, and restored pride with the return of our world Champion Supersonics."

Keep on fighting. We've had a really productive day mass tweeting the city council. Send a message or two to @SeattleCouncil, telling them you want this passed. There's been a big push of fans tweeting the following:

@SeattleCouncil: As a registered voter, I ask that you approve the SoDo arena MOU. Thank you. #SeattleArena

Keep up the faith!

Throwdown

Reaction score
I like that Seattle Legislators are coming to our aide, like we needed it anyway we already had facts on our side. But this is like a whipped cream topping, all we need is that cherry (whats up seattle city council?!)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox
Citing e-mail documentation, arena proponents contend the #Mariners hired Pacific Public Affairs to wage PR war against the proposed arena

Jason Puckett ‏@JasonPuckettKJR
#Mariners paid, in part, for anti-arena poll that appeared last Friday that said the public is against arena, @SportsRadioKJR has learned.

I'm so sick of the @#$% Mariners at this point.

I actually sent them an email telling them how disappointed I am in them, and how they've betrayed the people of Seattle. And at this point wont be attending any more games or buying any more merchandise.

Never heard back....

JOz56

Reaction score
I sent them something along the same lines. And as long as the ownership that doesn't give a damn is there, and the two clowns in Howie and Chuckie continue to run that organization, I won't be spending a dime. On top of that, I would be rooting for every team they play until they change their stance/ownership. They sent me a "Thank you for your input" spiel. Go figure. I just cannot fathom how they thought this was a good idea.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
They're so stupid, this is going to be a PR nightmare for them.

Seahawks took the right approach, "We want the Sonics back!" Then they silently went away and never said another word.

JOz56

Reaction score
Bahahaha, not only did they pay for it, they are owning up to it as if it's some sort of badge of honor. Screw that franchise, they are dead to me.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The little respect I had for the M's has just gone out the window.......screw ownership, get someone else to run them!

JOz56

Reaction score
I told them I'd be rooting for any team they play to beat them, and my fandom would not return until an owner who cared actually came in (cares enough to actually attend a game for once in his ownership) and the two clowns (Howie and Chuckie) running the team are gone.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Picketing Safeco Field and having signs that ask if the Mariners are going to pay for the Arena if the don't want Hansen to.

Or

The Mariners are so bad and afraid of competition that there afraid of a basketball team.

Throwdown

Reaction score
sounds like some good news from Mitch Levy's twitter page, between that and Brian Robinsons twitter page for ArenaSolutions thanking people, I can't help but feel good right now.