Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 pm
  • If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?
    gbill2004
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm
  • Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.
    Last edited by hawksfan515 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm
  • Lumpkin!!!!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:03 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.

Really...you don't think Washington gets the start?
    gbill2004
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm
  • I think Washington.

He's proven, he has experience in our system, and he's simply the better back at this point in time.

Of course, I'd expect a timeshare between he, Turbin, and whichever other runner we keep, probably 50-30-20 or so, but I think Washington gets the majority of the workload. He's a very underrated back, even by our own fans.
    Cadillac
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 pm
  • washington for sure
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Starter

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 pm
  • gbill2004 wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.

Leon is the change of pace back for 3rd downs, bubble screens, trick plays etc. Turbin will be the bell-cow back up RB for pounding the defense into submission if Lynch goes down. All three will get a lot of carries this year.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:25 pm
  • gbill2004 wrote:If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?

Good luck in your fantasy football draft. Please dont use our forum to ask Fantasy Football questions. Thanks.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:26 pm
  • SE174 wrote:
    gbill2004 wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.

Leon is the change of pace back for 3rd downs, bubble screens, trick plays etc. Turbin will be the bell-cow back up RB for pounding the defense into submission if Lynch goes down. All three will get a lot of carries this year.

This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace 3rd down back as per usual.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 pm
  • I'd expect one of those RBBCs that all fantasy players (myself included) absolutely despise: Turbin the thunder, Washington the lightning. Due to his seniority on the team though, I'd fully expect Washington to get "the start", though I'm assuming you're just looking for a handcuff. Careful what you say regarding Fantasy Football here, there's some purists here that take serious offense to that subject for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Reggie Dunlop on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reggie Dunlop
    NET Starter

• RockHawk wrote:
    gbill2004 wrote:If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?

Good luck in your fantasy football draft. Please dont use our forum to ask Fantasy Football questions. Thanks.

Fantasy football is lame. It's dorks having fun with math, nothing more.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.

Why does everyone always mention the Cleveland game? I mean sure, Lynch was out, and our O was horrible, but most of that should be attributed to Charlie Whitehurst starting the game, and Cleveland's D being respectable. In fact, I'll bet even if Lynch had played he would not have that much of an impact (the O-line and Lynch hadn't hit their stride yet).
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.

Why does everyone always mention the Cleveland game? I mean sure, Lynch was out, and our O was horrible, but most of that should be attributed to Charlie Whitehurst starting the game, and Cleveland's D being respectable. In fact, I'll bet even if Lynch had played he would not have that much of an impact (the O-line and Lynch hadn't hit their stride yet).

No Lynch was still a huge factor at that point (and he hung 100 on the Giants before the Cle game last year IIRC) despite Charlies suckage and the fact the line had't gelled yet. Regardless though, Forsett and Washington represented completely different running styles than Marshawn and the Cleveland game proved that neither could replicate his style. Our offence hinges upon having that big nasty smashmouth back to carry the load. having two guys like that on staff is a must at this point.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    RockHawk wrote:
    gbill2004 wrote:If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?

Fantasy football is lame. It's dorks having fun with math, nothing more.

For those that take it seriously. I enjoy it because it makes games not involving the Hawks, and games not concerning the Hawks' divisional/playoff standings, more interesting.
    For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!
    SE174
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.

No Lynch was still a huge factor at that point (and he hung 100 on the Giants before the Cle game last year IIRC) despite Charlies suckage and the fact the line had't gelled yet. Regardless though, Forsett and Washington represented completely different running styles than Marshawn and the Cleveland game proved that neither could replicate his style. Our offence hinges upon having that big nasty smashmouth back to carry the load. having two guys like that on staff is a must at this point.

98 yards in the Giants game, but I see your point there. What we needed and PC wanted was a back that just grinded out 5 yard gains about every running play. We didn't get that till the Dallas game. I still think Charlie Whitehurst was the big reason though. Do you remember when Sidney Rice was wide open, and Charlie missed him for the score, and he had to go out at the 5 and we couldn't score from there? Yeah...... It was bad. People were clamoring for Tarvaris Jackson.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:57 pm
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.

the beast then either or ,turbin or Leon..depending on the situation. nice to see another .netter in B.G
    BGHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 am
  • lynch and turbin run the same and are built the same. they are going to be our piledrivers. i really like that combo!
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 am
  • Wasn't Turbin brought in for the purpose to be Lynch's back up?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:22 am
  • Cadillac wrote:I think Washington.

He's proven, he has experience in our system, and he's simply the better back at this point in time.

Of course, I'd expect a timeshare between he, Turbin, and whichever other runner we keep, probably 50-30-20 or so, but I think Washington gets the majority of the workload. He's a very underrated back, even by our own fans.

:13:
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:21 am
  • Ladanian Tomlinson, draft Ladanian Tomlinson in the 3rd round. championship!
    Dead
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information