Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:01 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:56 am
Posts: 10
If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.


Last edited by hawksfan515 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am
Posts: 6411
Lumpkin!!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:03 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:56 am
Posts: 10
hawksfan515 wrote:
Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.


Really...you don't think Washington gets the start?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 195
I think Washington.

He's proven, he has experience in our system, and he's simply the better back at this point in time.

Of course, I'd expect a timeshare between he, Turbin, and whichever other runner we keep, probably 50-30-20 or so, but I think Washington gets the majority of the workload. He's a very underrated back, even by our own fans.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:08 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 253
washington for sure

_________________
Go SeaHawks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Spokane
gbill2004 wrote:
hawksfan515 wrote:
Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.


Really...you don't think Washington gets the start?


Leon is the change of pace back for 3rd downs, bubble screens, trick plays etc. Turbin will be the bell-cow back up RB for pounding the defense into submission if Lynch goes down. All three will get a lot of carries this year.

_________________
For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:25 pm 
* NET Landlord *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:23 am
Posts: 3958
Location: Owner's Box
gbill2004 wrote:
If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?


Good luck in your fantasy football draft. Please dont use our forum to ask Fantasy Football questions. Thanks.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:26 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11106
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
SE174 wrote:
gbill2004 wrote:
hawksfan515 wrote:
Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.


Really...you don't think Washington gets the start?


Leon is the change of pace back for 3rd downs, bubble screens, trick plays etc. Turbin will be the bell-cow back up RB for pounding the defense into submission if Lynch goes down. All three will get a lot of carries this year.


This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace 3rd down back as per usual.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 pm 
NET Starter
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:08 am
Posts: 309
I'd expect one of those RBBCs that all fantasy players (myself included) absolutely despise: Turbin the thunder, Washington the lightning. Due to his seniority on the team though, I'd fully expect Washington to get "the start", though I'm assuming you're just looking for a handcuff. Careful what you say regarding Fantasy Football here, there's some purists here that take serious offense to that subject for whatever reason.


Last edited by Reggie Dunlop on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11106
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
RockHawk wrote:
gbill2004 wrote:
If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?


Good luck in your fantasy football draft. Please dont use our forum to ask Fantasy Football questions. Thanks.


Fantasy football is lame. It's dorks having fun with math, nothing more.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:28 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
CANHawk wrote:
This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.



Why does everyone always mention the Cleveland game? I mean sure, Lynch was out, and our O was horrible, but most of that should be attributed to Charlie Whitehurst starting the game, and Cleveland's D being respectable. In fact, I'll bet even if Lynch had played he would not have that much of an impact (the O-line and Lynch hadn't hit their stride yet).


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11106
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
hawksfan515 wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.



Why does everyone always mention the Cleveland game? I mean sure, Lynch was out, and our O was horrible, but most of that should be attributed to Charlie Whitehurst starting the game, and Cleveland's D being respectable. In fact, I'll bet even if Lynch had played he would not have that much of an impact (the O-line and Lynch hadn't hit their stride yet).


No Lynch was still a huge factor at that point (and he hung 100 on the Giants before the Cle game last year IIRC) despite Charlies suckage and the fact the line had't gelled yet. Regardless though, Forsett and Washington represented completely different running styles than Marshawn and the Cleveland game proved that neither could replicate his style. Our offence hinges upon having that big nasty smashmouth back to carry the load. having two guys like that on staff is a must at this point.

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:11 pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Spokane
CANHawk wrote:
RockHawk wrote:
gbill2004 wrote:
If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?


Good luck in your fantasy football draft. Please dont use our forum to ask Fantasy Football questions. Thanks.


Fantasy football is lame. It's dorks having fun with math, nothing more.


For those that take it seriously. I enjoy it because it makes games not involving the Hawks, and games not concerning the Hawks' divisional/playoff standings, more interesting.

_________________
For custom Seahawk backgrounds and signatures, click HERE!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5209
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
CANHawk wrote:
hawksfan515 wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.



Why does everyone always mention the Cleveland game? I mean sure, Lynch was out, and our O was horrible, but most of that should be attributed to Charlie Whitehurst starting the game, and Cleveland's D being respectable. In fact, I'll bet even if Lynch had played he would not have that much of an impact (the O-line and Lynch hadn't hit their stride yet).


No Lynch was still a huge factor at that point (and he hung 100 on the Giants before the Cle game last year IIRC) despite Charlies suckage and the fact the line had't gelled yet. Regardless though, Forsett and Washington represented completely different running styles than Marshawn and the Cleveland game proved that neither could replicate his style. Our offence hinges upon having that big nasty smashmouth back to carry the load. having two guys like that on staff is a must at this point.



98 yards in the Giants game, but I see your point there. What we needed and PC wanted was a back that just grinded out 5 yard gains about every running play. We didn't get that till the Dallas game. I still think Charlie Whitehurst was the big reason though. Do you remember when Sidney Rice was wide open, and Charlie missed him for the score, and he had to go out at the 5 and we couldn't score from there? Yeah...... It was bad. People were clamoring for Tarvaris Jackson.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:57 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 7:32 am
Posts: 698
Location: Battleground,WA
hawksfan515 wrote:
Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.



the beast then either or ,turbin or Leon..depending on the situation. nice to see another .netter in B.G


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Posts: 1343
lynch and turbin run the same and are built the same. they are going to be our piledrivers. i really like that combo!

_________________
We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
Greatest defense in NFL history.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:10 am 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17518
Location: Graham, WA
Wasn't Turbin brought in for the purpose to be Lynch's back up?

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:22 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:04 am
Posts: 599
Cadillac wrote:
I think Washington.

He's proven, he has experience in our system, and he's simply the better back at this point in time.

Of course, I'd expect a timeshare between he, Turbin, and whichever other runner we keep, probably 50-30-20 or so, but I think Washington gets the majority of the workload. He's a very underrated back, even by our own fans.



:13:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:21 am 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:53 pm
Posts: 77
Ladanian Tomlinson, draft Ladanian Tomlinson in the 3rd round. championship!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Painhawk and 2 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.