Who is Marshawn Lynch's backup?

gbill2004

Reaction score
If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.

OP
OP
G

gbill2004

Reaction score
hawksfan515":13gqxj9b said:
Turbin. Washington's a dark horse, he did look pretty good last night, and if our O-line opens up those giant holes again, maybe we would rather have a home run hitter.

Really...you don't think Washington gets the start?

Cadillac

Reaction score
I think Washington.

He's proven, he has experience in our system, and he's simply the better back at this point in time.

Of course, I'd expect a timeshare between he, Turbin, and whichever other runner we keep, probably 50-30-20 or so, but I think Washington gets the majority of the workload. He's a very underrated back, even by our own fans.

SE174

Reaction score
gbill2004":xc6rbwkd said:
hawksfan515":xc6rbwkd said:

Leon is the change of pace back for 3rd downs, bubble screens, trick plays etc. Turbin will be the bell-cow back up RB for pounding the defense into submission if Lynch goes down. All three will get a lot of carries this year.

RockHawk

Reaction score
gbill2004":2xxemoqg said:
If Marshawn misses any time this season due to suspension, who will be the starting RB?

Good luck in your fantasy football draft. Please dont use our forum to ask Fantasy Football questions. Thanks.

CANHawk

Reaction score
SE174":ao4iwzxn said:
gbill2004":ao4iwzxn said:
hawksfan515":ao4iwzxn said:

Leon is the change of pace back for 3rd downs, bubble screens, trick plays etc. Turbin will be the bell-cow back up RB for pounding the defense into submission if Lynch goes down. All three will get a lot of carries this year.

This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace 3rd down back as per usual.

Reggie Dunlop

Reaction score
I'd expect one of those RBBCs that all fantasy players (myself included) absolutely despise: Turbin the thunder, Washington the lightning. Due to his seniority on the team though, I'd fully expect Washington to get "the start", though I'm assuming you're just looking for a handcuff. Careful what you say regarding Fantasy Football here, there's some purists here that take serious offense to that subject for whatever reason.

CANHawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":1rygs69h said:
gbill2004":1rygs69h said:

Good luck in your fantasy football draft. Please dont use our forum to ask Fantasy Football questions. Thanks.

Fantasy football is lame. It's dorks having fun with math, nothing more.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
CANHawk":3jtcpxor said:
This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.

Why does everyone always mention the Cleveland game? I mean sure, Lynch was out, and our O was horrible, but most of that should be attributed to Charlie Whitehurst starting the game, and Cleveland's D being respectable. In fact, I'll bet even if Lynch had played he would not have that much of an impact (the O-line and Lynch hadn't hit their stride yet).

CANHawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2h5x0vub said:
CANHawk":2h5x0vub said:
This. We're going to pound the rock this year like we pounded the rock last year only better. Remember the Cleveland game last year with no Lynch? THAT is why we now have Turbin; he's our spare Beast. Washington is the change of pace back as per usual.

Why does everyone always mention the Cleveland game? I mean sure, Lynch was out, and our O was horrible, but most of that should be attributed to Charlie Whitehurst starting the game, and Cleveland's D being respectable. In fact, I'll bet even if Lynch had played he would not have that much of an impact (the O-line and Lynch hadn't hit their stride yet).

No Lynch was still a huge factor at that point (and he hung 100 on the Giants before the Cle game last year IIRC) despite Charlies suckage and the fact the line had't gelled yet. Regardless though, Forsett and Washington represented completely different running styles than Marshawn and the Cleveland game proved that neither could replicate his style. Our offence hinges upon having that big nasty smashmouth back to carry the load. having two guys like that on staff is a must at this point.

SE174

Reaction score
CANHawk":212y5j0x said:
RockHawk":212y5j0x said:
gbill2004":212y5j0x said:

Fantasy football is lame. It's dorks having fun with math, nothing more.

For those that take it seriously. I enjoy it because it makes games not involving the Hawks, and games not concerning the Hawks' divisional/playoff standings, more interesting.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
CANHawk":1p1e3j09 said:
hawksfan515":1p1e3j09 said:
CANHawk":1p1e3j09 said:

No Lynch was still a huge factor at that point (and he hung 100 on the Giants before the Cle game last year IIRC) despite Charlies suckage and the fact the line had't gelled yet. Regardless though, Forsett and Washington represented completely different running styles than Marshawn and the Cleveland game proved that neither could replicate his style. Our offence hinges upon having that big nasty smashmouth back to carry the load. having two guys like that on staff is a must at this point.

98 yards in the Giants game, but I see your point there. What we needed and PC wanted was a back that just grinded out 5 yard gains about every running play. We didn't get that till the Dallas game. I still think Charlie Whitehurst was the big reason though. Do you remember when Sidney Rice was wide open, and Charlie missed him for the score, and he had to go out at the 5 and we couldn't score from there? Yeah...... It was bad. People were clamoring for Tarvaris Jackson.

BGHawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1musawn9 said:

the beast then either or ,turbin or Leon..depending on the situation. nice to see another .netter in B.G

Seeker

Reaction score
lynch and turbin run the same and are built the same. they are going to be our piledrivers. i really like that combo!

zayden185

Reaction score
Cadillac":2wxixa7a said:
I think Washington.

He's proven, he has experience in our system, and he's simply the better back at this point in time.

Of course, I'd expect a timeshare between he, Turbin, and whichever other runner we keep, probably 50-30-20 or so, but I think Washington gets the majority of the workload. He's a very underrated back, even by our own fans.

:13:

Dead

Reaction score
Ladanian Tomlinson, draft Ladanian Tomlinson in the 3rd round. championship!