Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Good news to go with the onslaught of stupidity from the anti-arena clownshoes. I get so irritated watching anything on this because it's such a great plan, well thought out, well proposed, and still the chuckleheads do everything they can to oppose it. They're like a bad movie villain, whose only role is to thwart and defeat the good guys by whatever means necessary, even if it means their very lives. Pathetic.

Also who's the muttonchopped dude in Sonics gear I keep seeing at all the meetings and on the news. The one that looks a little like Werewolf in London. He's hardcore Sonics, that's for sure! Anyone here?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":232kf07e said:
Good news to go with the onslaught of stupidity from the anti-arena clownshoes. I get so irritated watching anything on this because it's such a great plan, well thought out, well proposed, and still the chuckleheads do everything they can to oppose it. They're like a bad movie villain, whose only role is to thwart and defeat the good guys by whatever means necessary, even if it means their very lives. Pathetic.

Also who's the muttonchopped dude in Sonics gear I keep seeing at all the meetings and on the news. The one that looks a little like Werewolf in London. He's hardcore Sonics, that's for sure! Anyone here?
You talking about Sonics Guy? He's from Tacoma, but he's always at Sonics events in his fan gear. I ran the Sound to Narrows and he was there with a couple other Sonics fans waving his big Sonics flags and spreading the word.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Yep, that's the guy.

Sonics-Guy.jpg

I was secretly hoping it was Seatown81.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
His name is Kris Brannon. He's a passionate dude.

There's a lot of others I've seen who have attended all of these rallies and meetings. It's really an incredible community effort and awesome seeing the fans come together. The rally at Pioneer Square was the most community pride I've felt since the Hawks went to the Super Bowl. Going to make all of this that much more special when it's all said and done.

Not to count our chickens, though. Lots of work left to do. Now is the time to hound each and every Seattle City Council member! Let them know you're watching their every move closely.

City Council Group Message
[email protected]

Sally J. Clark, Council President
[email protected]
@sallyjclark
206-684-8802

Sally Bagshaw
[email protected]
@sallybagshaw
206-684-8801

Tim Burgess
[email protected]
@CouncilmanTim
206-684-8806

Richard Conlin
[email protected]
@cmconlin
206-684-8805

Jean Godden
[email protected]
@SeattleScribe
206-684-8807

Bruce A. Harrell
[email protected]
@bruceharrell
206-684-8804

Nick Licata
[email protected]
@nicklicata
206-684-8803

Mike O'Brien
[email protected]
@CMMikeOBrien
206-684-8800

Tom Rasmussen
[email protected]
@CityhallTom
206-684-8808

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2tffy86y said:
Lieutenant Dan":2tffy86y said:
If passed, how long do you guys think it would take to construct the arena, ready for play?

Would it be using the Safeco garage for parking, or would another parking facility for the arena need to be built? Not sure how much real estate is involved is why I'm asking...

Hope this gets done!!! :th2thumbs:

It will take a couple years to build. Conventional wisdom is they'd have to play at Key Arena for a couple seasons. Not sure about how parking is going to work. Hansen's land is going to involve more than just an arena. Details not exactly known yet.

Arenaoverhead

THank you sir. I like that aerial shot; first time I ever noticed the skew of Safeco and it's roof, too :)

I'd suppose a parking garage would probably go with it, since the other two facilities have their own garages.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Still lots of work left to do with this thing. But I thought I'd share a message from Brian Robinson of Arena Solution:

Feedback from staffers and others continues to indicate good faith negotiations and intention to work out reasonable compromise on this deal by members of city council. #proudofpolitics

Part of this is the honest vibe going around, part also Brian keeping pressure on the city council to continue to negotiate in good faith. But it's definitely good news. Lot's better than hearing scuttlebutt that things are heading the other direction. Here's to the momentum continuing!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Can you guys hurry up and get this done already? I'm tired of seeing a new post in the sports forum, hoping to find something actually about sports to read and then just seeing another update on this thread (or even worse the "summer transfers soccer thread")!!

(For the record, as a portlander I do really really hope that Seattle gets a team back, i'm just tired of hearing about it and want it over already... as i'm sure you guys do too!)

SeaTown81

Reaction score
J, I couldn't agree more. You don't have an idea how sick I am of emailing/calling politicians and attending political hearings. I was hanging out with the guys who made SonicsGate the other night. We were talking about how it's been so long, that we nearly can't remember not having to do this stuff. All agreed that we can't wait to get together to attend games instead of all this crap. Ever since Clay Bennett bought the team, supporting the Sonics has been an entirely different ordeal. From Save Our Sonics to all this nonsense. It's worth it though. I'd have been doing the same if I was old enough back when the M's and Hawks both nearly moved. And sorry for the inconvenience. But you know that if this thread didn't exist, those silly soccer ones would just continue to dominate. What do you want, Duck threads? lol.

PS - Is it, "Win Fast, The Hard, Day Finish" or "Fast Win, Hard The, Finish Day"?

PPS - The first thing I think of when I read "Fast, Hard, Finish" isn't football. Especially when we're talking about college. ;)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3qpxy4kc said:
What do you want, Duck threads? lol.

PS - Is it, "Win Fast, The Hard, Day Finish" or "Fast Win, Hard The, Finish Day"?

PPS - The first thing I think of when I read "Fast, Hard, Finish" isn't football. Especially when we're talking about college. ;)

Yes. More Duck threads would make the masses happy! Really though, I do admire the work and passion you have for bringing an arena and the NBA back to town. I'm just sick of the politics of sports and wish there was more actual sports to talk about. One more month til football starts...

SeaTown81

Reaction score
JSeahawks":ipxlqtzo said:
SeaTown81":ipxlqtzo said:
What do you want, Duck threads? lol.

Yes. More Duck threads would make the masses happy! Really though, I do admire the work and passion you have for bringing an arena and the NBA back to town. I'm just sick of the politics of sports and wish there was more actual sports to talk about. One more month til football starts...

Hey, it beats the endlessly circular threads that go on over at the main board. Jeez. Unless it's a players transaction or news breaking, I can't read anything over there. Yes, I can't wait to the season starts and there's actually things to comment about besides what people's preconceived opinions of players are.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
JUST IN: Investor Chris Hansen closes a deal on more land for his #SeattleArena project. Deal worth $5.58m, total land acquired now $40m+ -- Chris Daniels (@ChrisDaniels5)

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2hjcvo55 said:
JUST IN: Investor Chris Hansen closes a deal on more land for his #SeattleArena project. Deal worth $5.58m, total land acquired now $40m+ -- Chris Daniels (@ChrisDaniels5)

Coolio!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Jesus, I'm nervous!

They've screwed up once before in 2008, redeem yourselves SCC!