FFL keeper advice

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
FFL keeper advice
Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 am
  • It's getting close to that time again. I'm in a 12-team keeper league with an auction draft. We can keep three players each year. After winning the league last year I'm looking for some advice and suggestions on who I should keep this year. Our draft budget is $200 and the cost of the keepers is subtracted from that. Here's my roster with the cost to keep each player, from highest to lowest.

Steven Jackson, RB, St. Louis: $57
    Andre Johnson, WR, Houston: $53
    Shonn Greene, RB, NY Jets: $30
    Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England: $27
    Tim Hightower, RB, Washington, $24
    Hakeem Nicks, WR, NY Giants: $21
    Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle: $18
    Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta: $17
    Roy Helu, RB, Washington: $13
    Alex Smith, QB, San Francisco: $8
    49ers, D/ST, San Francisco: $5
    Nate Washington, WR, Tennessee: $5
    Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle: $4
    Sebastian Janikowski, K, Oakland: $4
    Michael Crabtree, WR, San Francisco: $3

Right now I'm leaning toward Lynch, Gronkowski & either Crabtree or Baldwin as my keepers. Let me know what you think I should do.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: FFL keeper advice
Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:01 am
  • Lynch and Gronk for sure. I think Matt Ryan might have quite a year, but other than that I wouldn't keep anyone else.
    JimmyB3
    NET Starter

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:08 pm
  • Lynch, Gronk, and Nicks
    Kolsteseahawks
    NET Rookie

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:32 pm
  • Lynch, Gronk and Ryan provide the move value in my opinion.

You'd only be spending $62 on these three which leaves you plenty of money to go after another big-money target.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:20 am
  • sammyc521 wrote:Lynch, Gronk and Ryan provide the move value in my opinion.

You'd only be spending $62 on these three which leaves you plenty of money to go after another big-money target.

I'd spend the extra $3 and get Nicks. Then you can bring in a QB who'll offer a lot more points than Ryan. But I'm less of a gambler when it comes to QBs since I don't think Ryan's ever going to hit elite numbers for fantasy.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:51 pm
  • Hmmmm tough choices. I would say definitely keep Lynch and Gronkowski. After that, I'd say Hakeem Nicks would probably be your best choice, but I don't think you could go wrong with Matt Ryan either. The only thing with quarterbacks though, is that when you're in a 10-12 team league, you will typically be able to get a pretty good QB cheap, as there are a lot of good QBs to go around.

The only other thing I'd consider instead of Nicks would be Roy Helu. He came into his own as a rookie last year with the Redskins. He demonstrated a whole lot of skills, and I think separated himself from the rest of the running backs- and definitely earned a legitimate starting role by week 10 or 11 of the regular season. Once he broke out, there was no looking back. I think he will be a pretty good fantasy scorer this year, and is definitely a steal @ $13.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:27 am
  • nategreat wrote:Hmmmm tough choices. I would say definitely keep Lynch and Gronkowski. After that, I'd say Hakeem Nicks would probably be your best choice, but I don't think you could go wrong with Matt Ryan either. The only thing with quarterbacks though, is that when you're in a 10-12 team league, you will typically be able to get a pretty good QB cheap, as there are a lot of good QBs to go around.

The only other thing I'd consider instead of Nicks would be Roy Helu. He came into his own as a rookie last year with the Redskins. He demonstrated a whole lot of skills, and I think separated himself from the rest of the running backs- and definitely earned a legitimate starting role by week 10 or 11 of the regular season. Once he broke out, there was no looking back. I think he will be a pretty good fantasy scorer this year, and is definitely a steal @ $13.

Helu is also in a Shanahan system, which means you'll end up getting screwed when Shanahan plays a different scrub for no good reason.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:39 pm
  • Seriously. If I lose a RB to injury or something I like to pick up the 2nd or 3rd string RB from the Redskins and just wait for the switch.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information