Flynn DISSED by Jason Smith "Fantasy Analyst"

Trrrroy

Reaction score
nategreat":10ddxxtj said:
Uhhh, yeah.... he has Eli Manning as top QB, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and EVERYONE. And we're not supposed to laugh? Not to mention he has Roethlisberger @ #3. :lol:

Yeah, that's just silly. Having Roethlisberger ahead of Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees is just plain stupidity. I mean, how does a self-respecting sports analyst defend that position?

Siouxguy

Reaction score
Remember too that Jason Smith is a fantasy football knucklehead and those rankings reflect that world. Any team with a great running game such as the Seahawks will undoubtedly handicap the quarterback to a certain degree. With the standout defense the Hawks are building, there's also a good chance that the team you love will also be working with the lead later in the game and the ground game will be utilized to chew up the clock, again keeping the big fantasy points away from our QB. The name of the game is winning and Tarvaris or Flynn will be doing plenty of that this season.

pinksheets

Reaction score
You guys take things way too seriously. This is for fantasy football and the guy is dead on. Flynn is a risky proposition for FANTASY football. He's only got 2 starts and is coming onto a new team with a #1 receiver that can't stay on the field, BMW who hasn't been consistent, etc. etc. When you're drafting your FANTASY football teams, he's not a guy I'd even draft. He's not a QB1 and he's not a guy I'd draft as my backup. He's waiver wire material until he proves himself...in FANTASY football.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Wow this makes me so pissed! Omg im pissed! Our current 2nd string qb is low on a fantasy ranking list... east coast bias! Has to be! Pissed!

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
sadhappy":2g3nbc7f said:
So what exactly am I supposed to be outraged about here? I'm not trying to be mean, I just don't see the issue.

Who said anyone was outraged? I wasn't even angry, I just think the guy has it wrong. I can see his point about not having a large body of work to look at but I still think he's got it wrong. No big deal, nothing to freak about, I just disagree with the guy.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
OrFan":2b5fs0ye said:
Key word here is Fantasy. The geek doesn't know squat about real football. The only thing he knows is how to live in a make believe world with his other geek friends and hide from reality. Why would anyone want to listen to a loser like that?

This! Real football> fantasy bs

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I know this is for fantasy purposes; but I'm still not sure I'd put Manning ahead of Rodgers or Brees.

22) Jake Locker, Tennessee Titans.....Nice..... (He did have good Fantasy numbers when in last year, plus I wouldn't be surprised to see him starting eventually next year...Don't strike me down Matt!).

Now, as far as Flynn. I wouldn't expect him to go as a top QB in any leagues either. He'll probably be drafted real late or go undrafted in most "money" type leagues. It all depends on how the Summer camps and pre season go. If he's the starting QB on day 1 I could see him getting picked up by a lot of people....in Seattle.

-SH

ivotuk

Reaction score
nategreat":2iet3kx7 said:
Uhhh, yeah.... he has Eli Manning as top QB, ahead of Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and EVERYONE. And we're not supposed to laugh? Not to mention he has Roethlisberger @ #3. :lol:

LOL! Now that is funny. I like Eli a lot but he's definitely not a top fantasy QB and neither is Pig Pen. Now if they keep Wallace and Antonio Brown heats up, Pen might get some TDs but they have mostly been a running team with a nasty defense.

nategreat

Reaction score
Fantasy or not, these rankings are terrible. Saying that they are fantasy-based doesn't make them any better.

sutz

Reaction score
The only thing I'm outraged about is people quoting fantasy sites and calling it football commentary. I've really come to hate fantasy football. It is helping to destroy sports reporting.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
"Yeah well that's just like, your opinion man." - the Dude

Not concerned about fantasy football stats, at the end of the day I just want to win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":z94kyd2w said:
And where of the 32 does Flynn rank according to this real man of genius? He's 29th with only Colt McCoy, Matt Moore, and Chad Henne beating out for bottom feeder status.

29) Matt Flynn, Seattle Seahawks: He could be higher on this list, but how am I seriously supposed to gauge a guy with two NFL starts in a four-year career?

You're not supposed to because other than the very obvious guys on the top you really don't seem to know much of what you're talking about Jason!

Flynn has 2 more starts than the number of times I heard of Jason Smith before today.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe Rock should start a Fantasy Forum, this way we can dump this crap in there and things like it. Madden comes to mind as well.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Trrrroy":1p3leklh said:
nategreat":1p3leklh said:

Yeah, that's just silly. Having Roethlisberger ahead of Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees is just plain stupidity. I mean, how does a self-respecting sports analyst defend that position?

Maybe he's basing it on playoff success and SuperBowl wins? Of course, then he'd have to put Tom Brady at #1, where he belongs. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are both one-hit wonders compared to Brady, Roethlisberger and Manning, and don't belong in that group of elite QBs yet. Rodgers looked below-average and was easily outplayed by Eli Manning during the playoffs. If you were to judge by the Giants game, a lot of the hype around Rodgers may be a bit premature. And I don't see Brees sniffing another SuperBowl for a while. The Saints window has closed.

Guardian

Reaction score
I'd love to add a post in which I try to calm people down over something that clearly isn't a diss, but I'm having too much fun reading all of the comments.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":19kwksj6 said:
I can't wait until he silences all the critics and has people looking our way again. I'm so excited about the new season. Flynn all the way baby!!

:13: On the excitement. I wasn't calling for Flynn to be in Seattle, but I'll get behind whoever wins the starting job, and regardless of who that is, I'm going to be cheering myself raw this season. :mrgreen:

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Trrrroy":33eljbqh said:
nategreat":33eljbqh said:

Exactly. Roethlisberger's big claim to fame is his fat ass that is hard to sack because he's so over sized. Other than that he's an average QB.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
pinksheets":1mcpy2i9 said:
You guys take things way too seriously. This is for fantasy football and the guy is dead on. Flynn is a risky proposition for FANTASY football. He's only got 2 starts and is coming onto a new team with a #1 receiver that can't stay on the field, BMW who hasn't been consistent, etc. etc. When you're drafting your FANTASY football teams, he's not a guy I'd even draft. He's not a QB1 and he's not a guy I'd draft as my backup. He's waiver wire material until he proves himself...in FANTASY football.

I'd take him in later rounds simply because he is an unknown factor and it may pay off to have him on your roster. I'll admit I laughed at the guy who drafted Cam Newton, but it payed off for him in dividends. You just never know. That's part of what makes fantasy football fun.

grizbob

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":3vozkfjs said:
Wow this makes me so pissed! Omg im pissed! Our current 2nd string qb is low on a fantasy ranking list... east coast bias! Has to be! Pissed!

Hey TY your post has a leak... yeah there's a drip.. lets see... yup there it is... sarcasm? :stirthepot: