Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I knew it, I knew it.........just when I get my hopes up for a team returning to Seattle my hopes get stomped on.....

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm pissedified...

I like how the people in Sacramento get chance after chance after chance AFTER CHANCE!

But when it came to Seattle where was the same courtesy? hell we didn't even get ONE chance.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Hornets are reportedly about to be sold locally with a long-term lease as well. At that point we're probably talking at least a couple years before another team is really on the verge of relocation and interest in the arena project could very well have faded by then.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Hate to say it but good for Sacramento. I don't want to see teams leave unless the city let's them. Obviously there is enough interest there to keep them.

We shouldn't focus on them. Our first step is to get the arena deal done. Once that is in place then we can focus on getting a team.

If Sacramento doesn't get the arena funded then we will be ready to roll. If they do then I am sure we will look very appealing to another struggling franchise.

My Tapatalk was first.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Tech, by getting the deal done do you mean getting the OK from the 'arena board' or whatever they're called?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
pinksheets":1obykfn3 said:
Tech, by getting the deal done do you mean getting the OK from the 'arena board' or whatever they're called?

We have to to have the go ahead from the city and the county before they will issue the $200 million in bonds. Now that won't happen, the issuing of the bonds, until a team is secured but we have to at least get them to agree to issue them.

My Tapatalk was first.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1dcmf5fy said:
We shouldn't focus on them. Our first step is to get the arena deal done. Once that is in place then we can focus on getting a team.

If Sacramento doesn't get the arena funded then we will be ready to roll. If they do then I am sure we will look very appealing to another struggling franchise.

PRECISELY!

And for the record. Nothing is settled in Sacramento or Phoenix. Until it is, it's all media masturbation and mediots jumping the gun. Reports in both cases say there are still final hurdles that remain.

And like Tech says. Even if those places work their stuff out, and good for them on it, none of it matters if we don't get our crap in order and taken care of. That is what matters. We get our arena deal approved and ready to go, things will eventually work themselves out. Maybe not as quickly as we'd all like. But they will. They won't if our local government drops the ball and blows the deal or let's nonsense get in the way.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I dunno man. Everything I've been hearing on local news radio has been so negative. They were basically saying how fans in Sac, N.O. and Phoenix are saying "Thank you SO much Seattle for lighting a fire under our local government and teams to get something done!". And that is exactly what it looks like. Pisses me off. We had a blueprint from the A-hole in OK on how to stealth-steal a team, and we didn't follow it. We should have had local interest look like they wanted to buy the team to keep it in X city, then let the team suck, get the attendance down, then move 'em on out! All we did was invigorate the locals with our slavering over their teams. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. I still have a whiff of optimism, but it seems to fade a little more each day.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I rather us do it the way we are. With dignity. I wouldn't want to have to live with what Clay did to us.

chris98251

Reaction score
In this climate political change coming people will say yes and no at the same time. Kevin Johnson I would think will use every favor he has on the NBA side to get as much room as possible to allow the political engine to work,having Stern on his side vs our situation where Nickels was a butting heads with him makes for a whole different playing field.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I hate the Thundner and and Bennett but harbor no I'll will or hard feelings towards any player.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Throwdown":20wo1vd7 said:
i officially do not believe anything that Stern is talking about right now regarding ANYTHING!

Hornets able to move to Anaheim huh?

http://www.ocbj.com/news/2012/feb/24/oc ... w-orleans/

That would make 5 teams in California, with 3 in L.A..... And not even one in the entire state of Washington? WTF is wrong with the idiots running this league? Seriously. I hope Stern has a severe (and painful) myocardial infarction (I know, it's only sports, but I really hate the guy). Why does he hate Seattle so much? His personal bias against our great city is costing the whole league money from not tapping the 12th largest market in the U.S. He's just such an idiot! :229031_banghead:

Throwdown

Reaction score
they could.

But I guess Hanson has met with Stern about 2 weeks ago. Just reading through the Sonicsgate twitter.