So, how did everyone do in Fantasy Football this year?

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • Its not quite wrapped up..but how did everyone do? I achieved a very mixed bag. I joined Sammy's auction league..my first auction league and I love the dynamics of that.. BUT I sucked. After starting 4-3..I lost 7 games straight.. finishing 4-10, and in dead last. Terrible season..but I loved the league. Definately going to do a couple of auction league teams next season.

In one draft league I missed the draft... but had a decent autodrafted team. Because it was autodrafted...I treated that team as a 2nd class team..it was an afterthought each week I prepared my teams.
    Then a funny thing happened..that team started winning. I finished 3rd in that league and having one the first playoff game I am now in the championship game.

My last team is the PEHawks league.. and Im somehow in the championship game in that league too..though to be honest I feel like a fraud. That team has gotten where it has because the Patriots decided this was an "air it out" year, Sproles had a great season and I had AP. Sproles was a very late round pickup.. but he is really what saved me.. he was so consistant.

Id love to hear how other peoples teams went.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• My team was consistently terrible the entire year. I could never find an RB #2, my WRs all found ways to have 6 catches for 60 yards and no TDs, and I had Phillips Rivers for the first half of the year before I finally started Eli Manning. 4-10 and miserable.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Thanks to lucky free agent pickups of Roy Helu, Rob Gronkowski and San Francisco's defense I'm in my league's championship game.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Vick was my starter and Fitzpatrick was my back up. I had Jamal Charles and DeAngelo Williams as my RB's. I think that about sums up my season.

why doesnt anyone like tapatalk?
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Sucked this year. Two leagues. One league i finished with only two wins and my other league i started out 0-5-1 and finished at 6-6 missing the playoffs by one game
    Minne
    NET Veteran

• This year really seemed harder to draft for.. with running backs by committee being the norm, and QBs spreading the ball around more and more..and a whole new class of top end TEs..it was a challenge. Remember when there were 20 RBs you knew were at least going to be getting the rock 15 times a game? And only 6 TEs really worth having? Now.. TEs are almost interchangeable with about 15 fantasy worthy TEs out there..but its hard to find a consistant RB..and WRs even are harder to judge..
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Vetamur wrote:This year really seemed harder to draft for.. with running backs by committee being the norm, and QBs spreading the ball around more and more..and a whole new class of top end TEs..it was a challenge. Remember when there were 20 RBs you knew were at least going to be getting the rock 15 times a game? And only 6 TEs really worth having? Now.. TEs are almost interchangeable with about 15 fantasy worthy TEs out there..but its hard to find a consistant RB..and WRs even are harder to judge..

Yeah, wide recievers are easier to pick up off the free agen'ts now days. Picked up antonio brown off the steelers this year and he didn't disapoint,

I struggled at tight end all year, couldnt get a good one at all, never really scored much at that position till last week, celek went off. next year i'm going to make sure to squeeze in a good tight end in the rounds because it's a good position that can benefit alot
    Minne
    NET Veteran

• I went 11-1 and am in the finals this week vs an 8-3 team.
    AshamanMat
    NET Starter

• Managed to get to the superbowl with all three teams, but all were pretty identical picking from the 2 spot. 2 of the leagues were just for draft practice for the ones with my friends, but it worked out, though I don't pay much attention to the other two, but neither does anyone else.

I think I just got kinda lucky drafting. I backdoored my way into two of them, but hey, two game season once your in.

We'll see how it goes going up against Megatron, Gronkowski, and Stafford.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• In the championship game this week. Been riding Marshawn and the Seahawks Def to a huge win in the semi-final.

I have the highest scoring offense and won $100 for that. I also had the most points scored against me too so I finished 6th but have been smoking it in the playoffs.

My auction league with Vet is hellhole.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I remember early in the season, Sammy, trying to cheer you up in the auction league.. when I was 4-3.. I never won a game after that and finished behind you. lol. but Im looking forward to it next year. Good luck in the play offs in your money league!
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Winning my championship game by over 45 points with Julio Jones and Mason Crosby left. My opponent has got his kicker and Drew Brees left.

Last time I played him, Brees went off for 45 points but held on for the win by less than a point.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I had 3 teams. 1 team was awful, 1 lost in the semifinals, and with the 3rd team I am 60 points up in the championship game and I still have Michael Turner and Jimmy Graham left to play while they have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Incidentally the MVP of my championship team was the Mr. Irrelevant of the draft: Cam Newton.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Won, $300 for first place and $100 for regular season scoring champ.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• JSeahawks wrote:I had 3 teams. 1 team was awful, 1 lost in the semifinals, and with the 3rd team I am 60 points up in the championship game and I still have Michael Turner and Jimmy Graham left to play while they have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Incidentally the MVP of my championship team was the Mr. Irrelevant of the draft: Cam Newton.

yup. best free agent pick up of the year
    Minne
    NET Veteran

• Our Championship uses a two-week aggregate and my opponent has a slim 2.5-point lead heading into the final week thanks to that last-minute garbage time TD pass from Brees to Sproles, both of whom are on his team.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Over the years my teams have been slipping from mediocre to subpar. I'm in two leagues, a standard espn league, and a league where you have a full roster aside from offensive linemen. The coach in me gets in the way of the fantasy player, saying, "hey, he'd make a great 3-4 end for me" before "Does he have any fantasy value whatsoever?" crosses my mind.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• SeatownJay wrote:Our Championship uses a two-week aggregate and my opponent has a slim 2.5-point lead heading into the final week thanks to that last-minute garbage time TD pass from Brees to Sproles, both of whom are on his team.

I didn't know this was possible! Does Yahoo support that feature? I'd love to have the Championship NOT decided by a one-week wonder.

League 1:
    I posted the highest overall 2 week average in my playoffs and finished 4th, losing to 2 lucky hot streaks in each matchup. Seeded #2, had a first round bye, lost both playoffs.

League 2:
    In Championship, I'll update next week.

League 3:
    In Championship, #1 seed, blowing everyone else away averaging 250 pts a week (50+ more than everyone else) but have 2 losses to crazy hot streaks on the season, hoping for a fair squirt in the Championship...though having to sub in Rivers for Rodgers due to him potentially not playing might hurt.

Sneaky waiver pick of the week if you have a week 17 championship: Randall Cobb. Green Bay will likely send out the Rook for some playing time at WR and he might have a big day. He's a playmaker (not sure if he's still on KR duty but he was earlier and returned at least one for a TD.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• Is there a better (for idiots like me of course) league than Yahoo? I have played Yahoo fantasy for many years and have managed our hospital's league (also on Yahoo). This year I really got to deslike the whole yahoo deal, too spotty, too many post game adjustments, too many pansy positions like QB/WR/RB , WR/RB etc. Do you guys recommend any other sites? Free leagues and $$$ leagues (Hospital league HAS to be a free league)? Thanks!!

As for my Leagues,

League #1

Playing championship game this week. I have won this old Bellingham job league 6 out of 7 years. Old school Yahoo league with no fancy positions

League #2
    (from .Net) Beat the Jester but now in the semis Rapelisberger got hurt and I lost. Will be playing for 3rd place this week

League #3
    (.net), I quit before it even started, too many crazy positions and scoring schemes, and to be honest I don't know the final result

League #4
    (Hospital league) Horrible season, will be playing for 5th position, I was Seahawks heavy on my squad. Curious fact, my wife joined this league this year for fun and drafted according to how cute the damn players look. She is playing the title game this week. Not sure if I should be proud or cry.

PS: Jester I got you number for next year too bud :)
    please visit my amateur blog @ http://www.traumahawksrants.blogspot.com
    TraumaHawk2011
    NET Veteran

• Well..my leagues are all done now. I finished last in the auction..2nd in one league and won the championship in the last. Not bad. I want to play in different leagues next year..I missed playing in an IDP league..I really enjoy those.
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• JesterHawk wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Our Championship uses a two-week aggregate and my opponent has a slim 2.5-point lead heading into the final week thanks to that last-minute garbage time TD pass from Brees to Sproles, both of whom are on his team.

I didn't know this was possible! Does Yahoo support that feature? I'd love to have the Championship NOT decided by a one-week wonder.

I don't know if Yahoo offers it or not, I don't use or like Yahoo Sports. I know both CBSSports and ESPN offer it (ESPN is what we're using this year).
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• 1 for 3 on the championships, darn.

That's what Tony Romo hurting his hand gets you, though I would have lost the money league championship either way probably.

I always liked CBS, just expensive as hell for a keeper league.

We used NFL.com this year, which was better than the NFL.com in years past.

We're moving to Fantrax this year for a free keeper league, we'll see how it goes.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• JesterHawk wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:Sneaky waiver pick of the week if you have a week 17 championship: Randall Cobb. Green Bay will likely send out the Rook for some playing time at WR and he might have a big day. He's a playmaker (not sure if he's still on KR duty but he was earlier and returned at least one for a TD.

espn.com says Randall Cobb is Out this week
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

• Hey please play the nfl.com playoff fantasy for a chance to win SuperBowl tix. I created a .net league. I also have a thread explaining how to join. Everyone is welcome and no participant limit. Playing FF with .net people was super fun, let's keep this ball rolling :)
    please visit my amateur blog @ http://www.traumahawksrants.blogspot.com
    TraumaHawk2011
    NET Veteran

• Won it. Ain't no thang, babay.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• So I ended up winning my league thanks in part to my opponent having three of his four running backs (LeSean McCoy, Beanie Wells & Mark Ingram) all not play Sunday.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Was in 1 league, and won the whole thing, paid out $120 :)

Went with a different drafting philosophy this year and it paid off!

Drafted running backs 1, 2, 3, then receivers, 4, 5, and 6.

Waited until the 7th round to get a QB. Also helped I hit on some great 8th and 9th rounders.

Seemed to work as I've never won before this year!
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Up and down season this year. I was doing very well until I lost Matt Forte. Still made the playoffs but lost. Oh, well there's next year. lol.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• Well, I drafted Charles, Hillis, and Hightower as my running backs. That pretty much sums it up.
    JimmyB3
    NET Starter

• Won my league with some key pickups and drops. 8 team league so a lot of free agents.

Drafted Brees, Calvin Johnson, Mcfadden and Fred Jackson and they all had monster years... until Mcfadden and Jackson both got hurt... Picked up Michael Bush and he played well. Also used Roy Helu and CJ Spiller.

I drafted the Ravens and had dropped them after about week 3 in favor of a few rotating teams. Seahawks played well for me a couple of games.

My receiving corps included week 1 FA pickup Victor Cruz (stunna), Vincent Jackson and Johnson.
    hawky
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information