New Seahawks Uni in 2012

A collection of NET's best and most memorable threads. Predictions, debates, laughs, and X's & O's. Rating: PG to NC-17
Re: New Seahawks Uni in 2012
Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:55 pm
  • Swedishhawkfan wrote:
    endzorn wrote:Jesus, are you guys all pissed because he didn't draw you a damn picture?

But I drew a picture!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Honestly as long as we stay with the curent color scheme (keeping the green to a minimum) and stick with traditional numbers like the ones we, giants, colts, jets, saints have (and dont go bananas with some ugly numbers like the Bengals, Lions etc.) we ll be alright

But no one liked your picture.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:15 pm
  • This could have been a fun thread but I fear the actions of a few no fun, over the top serious, complete and utter douche bag style posts may have ruined it for the rest of us. Way to go, posters who post in such style.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:42 pm
  • Didn't we know that the expiration of the Reebok contract, and the fulfillment of the new Nike contract would result in a lot of tweaks to uniforms in the NFL? The Seahawks were supposedly one of those teams expecting changes--wasn't it reported earlier this season?

So, I thought we knew this. When I saw the thread, with knowledge of the Nike detail, I thought BFS would have some details. It came across as a bit of a bait and switch. So I was just bantering.

It was not my intent to be an asshole.
    “We need to be challenged, ... and we need to be under the gun to respond.” --Pete Carroll
    nanomoz
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 pm
  • As long as theyre not baby shit yellow like the niners.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:42 am
  • From some of the responses to this thread I think we can safely say it belongs in the shack. ;)

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:06 am
  • Leave BFS alone people, he will share (not that most of you even diserve it) when he can, stop actling like spoilled children
    please visit my amateur blog @ http://www.traumahawksrants.blogspot.com
    TraumaHawk2011
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:19 am
  • BFS, I will wait patiently. I for one like the suspense.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 am
  • Bait and Switch :P
    HighlandHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:42 am
  • I personally like these ones...

Dyelon42
    NET Rookie

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 am
  • Dyelon42 wrote:I personally like these ones...

Kinda cool. The eyes could look menacing or they could look cross eyed from the front. Got a front shot of the helmet showing the eyes?
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:38 am
  • How is this a bait and switch? Maybe if he would've added something like "pics inside"..
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:11 pm
  • Dyelon42 wrote:I personally like these ones...

Nice! Sorry to be a pain, but any chance you could switch the pants so we can check out the 'all blue' and 'all white' version of this?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 pm
  • I like those as well, except for the change to the logo on the helmet.

And no gray, let's roll with blue and white.
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:21 pm
  • Good grief. Some of you guys seriously need to lighten up. You're complaining about not being satisfied by the internet link that you clicked in your leisure. Get over yourselves.

The guy said he heard news about a rumor regarding a topic that has been previously talked about. Oh no! Heaven forbid!

Just me, but I'd rather read that over most of the overreacting and overdramatic crap that is being posted by many of late.
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:14 pm
  • I'm oddly intrigued at the idea of using these two colour schemes. As alternates of course. No way do I want to look like this full time.

I don't think there's anyone in the league that's ever done a grey on grey combo like that (though I wouldn't put it past Detroit) and the green and grey actually looks kinda dope with the slightly less flamboyant shade of green.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 pm
  • Hope she doesn't expect good sex, - we may never get our info.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 pm
  • hey, BFS is a gentle and sensitive lover...... or so I hear......
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:27 pm
  • I have just two requests when it comes to jerseys: Keep it simple, and please don't put logos on the sleeves. They look silly.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:59 am
  • I love this site
    Guardian
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:50 am
  • I think capes would be a cool add on.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:07 am
  • tomahawk wrote:Hope she doesn't expect good sex, - we may never get our info.

rotflmao.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:25 am
  • Personally, I like the green and gray CANhawk's got going, but when we play the Eagles, it'll look like an intra-squad scrimmage ('cept our uni's will look dirty before the game even starts). And that "eye-only" helmet thing ain't gonna happen.

Guys please...
    Don't expect any color or logo changes at all with the new uni's. You're gonna see a change in how the jersey's are stitched, possibly the sides of the pants will be stitched a bit different too, and maybe the font or shape of the numbers, but the logo and the helmets will be the same, and all the colors will be the same.

Millions of dollars have gone into the color-change in 2002 with the new stadium, and it would cost the team millions more to change the way everything is painted again. Every piece of merchandise from beer cups, to flags and pennants, to every piece of schwag, are all colored in the current scheme. Oh, and there is a billion-dollar facility on Lake Washington (that's only a few years old) painted in the current color scheme, with logos everywhere, on office walls, on stationary, on jackets, and business cards, and hell, even the weights in the weight room! Think of all the marketing materials, game-ticket graphics, and all the inventory in every retail outlest in America. I could go on for a while...

They are only changing who makes the team uniforms, not changing anything else. It's only been ten years. Remember how there were subtle-changes to the socks, the the logos on the sleeves, and neck piping? During the changes from MacGregor, to Wilson, to Puma, to Logo Athletic (LA) and then to Reebok (over a 26-year period) the colors and logo remained unchanged. Just too much merchandise out there. This simple change from Reebok to Nike is is going to be the same type of deal. Expecting anything more than how things are stitched and the name on the tag will be setting yourself up for a letdown. Yes, the stores will carry stuff by Nike too, but they'll be worn with no color-clashes with the hat and sweat-pants you already wear to the game.

Trust me on this.
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:33 am
  • I think we'll see a matte jersey and pants with some tweaking to the design. Think Oregon unis. Or how Baylor looked last night. No sheen to the unis. As a matter of fact, most of the unis Nike is doing for college teams are a matte finish. No sheen on them. My guess is we'll be looking at unis similar. Look like the call them the Pro Combat unis. Very cool. http://www.nikeblog.com/procombat2011/
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:42 am
  • I'm comfortable with the current look getting a slight update - not in design, but in the material etc. Nike's college uni's look a lot better these days than the metalic Reebok/NFL approach IMO. Scrap the different shade of the sleeves and have the 'all blue' look in more of a matte finish and that'd be a solid update.

I'd guess we'll see some 'combat' type jerseys rolled out every now and again alongside a throwback. After all, it's been discussed a LOT that some teams are more accomodating to Nike than others. I don't think it'd be a big surprise to see the main uni's stay the same but I bet anything we see a few more different designs crop up for one-off games.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:53 am
  • Greenhell wrote:I think we'll see a matte jersey and pants with some tweaking to the design. Think Oregon unis. Or how Baylor looked last night. No sheen to the unis. As a matter of fact, most of the unis Nike is doing for college teams are a matte finish. No sheen on them. My guess is we'll be looking at unis similar. Look like the call them the Pro Combat unis. Very cool. http://www.nikeblog.com/procombat2011/

I think the Oregon unis look tacky as hell. I hope they don't try that feather garbage on our unis or I might have to forgo any future jersey and stick to throwbacks only.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:59 am
  • Bakergirl wrote:
    Greenhell wrote:I think we'll see a matte jersey and pants with some tweaking to the design. Think Oregon unis. Or how Baylor looked last night. No sheen to the unis. As a matter of fact, most of the unis Nike is doing for college teams are a matte finish. No sheen on them. My guess is we'll be looking at unis similar. Look like the call them the Pro Combat unis. Very cool. http://www.nikeblog.com/procombat2011/

I think the Oregon unis look tacky as hell. I hope they don't try that feather garbage on our unis or I might have to forgo any future jersey and stick to throwbacks only.

THe feathers are Oregons alone and I doubt the Hawks would do anything like that on the shoulder. If they go with the matte finish unis I'm totally embracing it. Love the new look of the college unis.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:07 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm comfortable with the current look getting a slight update - not in design, but in the material etc. Nike's college uni's look a lot better these days than the metalic Reebok/NFL approach IMO. Scrap the different shade of the sleeves and have the 'all blue' look in more of a matte finish and that'd be a solid update.

I'd guess we'll see some 'combat' type jerseys rolled out every now and again alongside a throwback. After all, it's been discussed a LOT that some teams are more accomodating to Nike than others. I don't think it'd be a big surprise to see the main uni's stay the same but I bet anything we see a few more different designs crop up for one-off games.

I'd even go out on a limb and say the Hawks would do a matte finish helmet with the high gloss logo. That would look sweet.

Color looks kinda close

or even a blue carbon fiber helmet with a matte finish logo.

Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:19 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm comfortable with the current look getting a slight update - not in design, but in the material etc. Nike's college uni's look a lot better these days than the metalic Reebok/NFL approach IMO. Scrap the different shade of the sleeves and have the 'all blue' look in more of a matte finish and that'd be a solid update.

look here...
    http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/09/18/seahawks-redesign-contest-submissions-day-2/

23. C.K. McKenzie is pretty good.
    25. Travis Ness incorporates throwback logo and colors

Lots more to see. Some absurd and some pretty cool
    Last edited by Greenhell on Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:20 am
  • Archer wrote:What's the point of this thread, to brag "I know something you don't know" style? I mean, seriously. You didn't even mention what the "little detail" that you do know is.

thought the same thing...but the info that it is not the ones floating around helps a little. :thirishdrinkers:
    hawksmode
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:28 am
  • She is dangling a carrot so you will dangle yours?

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:31 am
  • Greenhell wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm comfortable with the current look getting a slight update - not in design, but in the material etc. Nike's college uni's look a lot better these days than the metalic Reebok/NFL approach IMO. Scrap the different shade of the sleeves and have the 'all blue' look in more of a matte finish and that'd be a solid update.

look here...
    http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/09/18/seahawks-redesign-contest-submissions-day-2/

23. C.K. McKenzie is pretty good.
    25. Travis Ness incorporates throwback logo and colors

Lots more to see. Some absurd and some pretty cool

Some of those are just gawd awful. Others are on the right track, but those are few and far between.

Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 am
  • They either look like XFL, or NFL Euro, or are just copies of old Hawk unis in new gear. And the green helmet?.....ugh.

I would like to see one with a gunmetal grey metallic colored jersey with blue/green accents tried with a silver/or blue helmet, and alternating pants.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:28 am
  • BFS - Did you ever say in this 5-page thread what the "one detail" that your ex-gf did tell you about the new unis?

All this speculation is making me crazy! Although, I like the one poster that talked about a potential matte finish through-out the uniform, with a different style of stitching, they could turn out looking very very nice! Or maybe a revitalization of the silver somewhere would be cool?

...can we just skip the off-season and get football started again in say...March?
    chawx
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:38 am
  • The jersey from this one below is ideal IMO if we're sticking with the same color scheme. Just use blue pants & helmet:

theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:54 am
  • I want to see a mean design to match this mean team. Block letters/numbers.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:08 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:The jersey from this one below is ideal IMO if we're sticking with the same color scheme. Just use blue pants & helmet:

I dig this. Just imagine an all matte finish and thats pretty much how I see the new unis looking. I'm all for the gray helmet and pants as an alternate except current navy/seahawk blue logo on the helmet.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:38 pm
  • Nike and the Seahawks have both publicly stated they would be switching to the Pro Combat line for the 2012 season. This is not secret or even groundbreaking new info, it was part of a public press release given to local media last summer. It didn't make big news but Danny O'Neil and 710 ESPN covered it, with Brock Huard talking about meeting a Nike designer at an Oregon press function who said the look will resemble Oregon with dark colors, matte finish, possibly some all-black with neon green highlights, etc. Apparently, the Seahawks and Nike were still working on the color schemes last summer. I play tournament pinball with a dude from Portland that works for Nike, and he said a few months ago that the new jerseys will be solid colors, matte look, with elements on the shoulder pads - not feathers but possibly a Hawks logo, player numbers, etc. Said the Hawks and Nike were still working out the finer details.

The one common thing I've heard from multiple sources; in press releases, from media types and rumors from all kinds of sources related to Nike or the Seahawks, is that we will likely have a blackout or dark monotone matte uniform like the Ducks and Huskies. Nike knows fans love black jerseys, and they sell better than traditional team colored jerseys.

Personally, I love the Pro Combat line and am really looking forward to the redesign.

To the poster who said it would cost the team too much, that's not how merchandising works. Teams often prefer design changes because it forces fans to "update" their memorabilia collections. Fans who already own a jersey or unlikely to buy a replacement for a while but a design change essentially forces them to spend more money to "keep up." So they rake in a ton of new merchandise money for a few years after a redesign as fans rush to buy new jerseys, hats, flags, etc. It's akin to the recording industry releasing a new format like CDs or BluRay, where people will spend money to purchase something they already own in a different format. It's pretty smart from a pure marketing standpoint and the Seahawks will make far more money from it than it will cost to repaint the VMAC and print new stickers.
    linuxpro
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:00 pm
  • Thanks for the info Linuxpro. I hadn't heard the confirmation of the Pro Combat unis but it's awesome news if you ask me. The news of new unis earlier this year is the reason I withheld from buying a Hawks jersey. Can't wait.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:13 pm
  • Also, I'm not sure what details could be secret right now. Nike and the Seahawks have both been pretty vocal and public about their progress and ideas.

A few more details I know just from reading press releases and listening to ESPN, and from various sources related to Nike and the Seahawks (and all of it has been public):

The "alternate" uniform is likely to be the "blackout look": all-black or dark monotone uniform, likely with Seahawk Green highlights. Supposedly not quite as florescent as the Oregon "O" on their blackout uniform - more of a neon green. At one point, the team had experimented with green numbers, and also matte-black numbers, but both ideas were nixed.

The Seahawks will be the first NFL team to get the Pro Combat look. Phil Knight was personally involved in that decision, just as he was with Oregon being the first NCAA team to get the Pro Combat uniforms. As with Oregon for the NCAA, the Seahawks will be Nike's "proving ground" for the Pro Combat look in the NFL. They are hoping to get it perfect because they want to sell it to the whole NFL. There is a HUGE amount of money involved for Nike.

The Seahawks have stated they want to keep a dark blue monotone look for the home uniforms. They really like the all-navy-blue look. Expect to see something not too drastically different. One thing I've heard from Nike sources is that the home uniform is going to be more monotone than now, likely with a matte-finish or carbon fiber helmet and possibly with matching matte black/grey shoes. A big part of the Pro Combat look is monotone and two-tone color schemes with matte finish and Nike has been pitching that hard to the Seahawks.

Green is likely to be used primarily for highlights. That has come from many many different sources, including one of the Seahawks front office staff who said it on-air. They've said the reaction to the lime green jerseys was far worse than they anticipated. They had hoped to tie in the Sounders/Seahawks merchandising with a unified look, but it's clear that football fans don't like the green. They are moving away from green in the uniforms and if we see it, it will likely only be in limited highlights, perhaps sleeve stripes, etc. It will be minimized and they had moved away from green as a primary color (for jerseys, pants, helmets, etc) as of last summer.

I'd be wary of anyone who claims to have definite and exclusive info about the uniforms. Nike has multiple design teams working on the design, and so do the Seahawks. The Seahawks and the NFL have been very hands-on and apparently they won't be able to be as dramatic as the NCAA redesigns.

And again, I wouldn't believe anything as being "final" at this point. Just a few weeks ago there was talk that Nike had started all over with the Seahawks uniforms, for about the 100th time. The dude I know from Nike told me they have literally gone through dozens and dozens of different designs, and there was some concern that too many cooks in the kitchen was impeding their ability to meet their release deadline. He said they couldn't even get a final consensus on the design of the numbers on the jersey.

I'm also anxious to hear what details BFS has learned. Not sure why people are attacking the posters who are frustrated with the lack of details. That is understandable. We're all anxious to see the new Pro Combat uniforms, and any confirmed details would be great. If you have details, share them please. Thank you! :)
    linuxpro
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:27 pm
  • I thought they said the "alternate" would be a throwback? Is the NFL now going to a 4th jersey "alternate"? I kinda doubt it - this is the league that told us we couldn't have 2 helmet colors back when we changed the last time.

Regular set/throwback = no blackout unless the NFL changes course.
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:30 pm
  • Do we have any idea when they're planning to reveal the new uniforms? Wonder if it'll tie in with free agency or the draft...?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:42 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Do we have any idea when they're planning to reveal the new uniforms? Wonder if it'll tie in with free agency or the draft...?

This. This. This. :D
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:07 pm
  • marymoorhawk wrote:I thought they said the "alternate" would be a throwback? Is the NFL now going to a 4th jersey "alternate"? I kinda doubt it - this is the league that told us we couldn't have 2 helmet colors back when we changed the last time.

The best time would be the draft, it would be awesome to have RG3 hold up our brand new jerseys :D
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:06 pm
  • marymoorhawk wrote:I thought they said the "alternate" would be a throwback? Is the NFL now going to a 4th jersey "alternate"? I kinda doubt it - this is the league that told us we couldn't have 2 helmet colors back when we changed the last time.

I don't think so. The throwbacks are not considered alternates.... they're just our old unis. We couldn't wear them because they aren't considered throwbacks until they've been retired 10 years I think. 2012 will be 10 years

-Home
    -Away
    -Alternate
    -Throwbacks (10 yrs old)
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:07 pm
  • Could we please see a return of the sleevehawk? I've missed it so much in this era of forgettable unis.
    NCHawk76
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:21 pm
  • Whatever they change it better be good because I love the unis the way they are right now. I wouldn't change anything if it weren't necessary. Maybe add in a little extra neon green. :stirthepot:
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 pm
  • Lol. I just got jerseys for my birthday & Christmas.
    We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance. I do not see coincidence,
    I see providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here. It is our destiny.
    BBlades89
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:37 pm
  • Hawkaholic wrote:
    marymoorhawk wrote:I thought they said the "alternate" would be a throwback? Is the NFL now going to a 4th jersey "alternate"? I kinda doubt it - this is the league that told us we couldn't have 2 helmet colors back when we changed the last time.

I don't think so. The throwbacks are not considered alternates.... they're just our old unis. We couldn't wear them because they aren't considered throwbacks until they've been retired 10 years I think. 2012 will be 10 years

-Home
    -Away
    -Alternate
    -Throwbacks (10 yrs old)

You sure about that? I am trying to think of a team that wears a throwback in addition to an alternate and can't think of any.
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:03 pm
  • @linux. I had not heard any of that before, so thanks. It all sounds really badass to me.

I like what teams are doing with the two tone and matte finishes. Matte grey helmets would be legit IMO. Never did like the silver. I'm excited to see what it comes out to be. I hope we lose the blueberry color and just go with navy. . .
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:12 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:I'm oddly intrigued at the idea of using these two colour schemes. As alternates of course. No way do I want to look like this full time.

I don't think there's anyone in the league that's ever done a grey on grey combo like that (though I wouldn't put it past Detroit) and the green and grey actually looks kinda dope with the slightly less flamboyant shade of green.

... I flat out dig this old school bump !!!!

... we made some noise back then, more than we got credit for ...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE ARCHIVES ]

Information