So, how did everyone do in Fantasy Football this year?

Vetamur

Reaction score
Its not quite wrapped up..but how did everyone do? I achieved a very mixed bag. I joined Sammy's auction league..my first auction league and I love the dynamics of that.. BUT I sucked. After starting 4-3..I lost 7 games straight.. finishing 4-10, and in dead last. Terrible season..but I loved the league. Definately going to do a couple of auction league teams next season.

In one draft league I missed the draft... but had a decent autodrafted team. Because it was autodrafted...I treated that team as a 2nd class team..it was an afterthought each week I prepared my teams.
Then a funny thing happened..that team started winning. I finished 3rd in that league and having one the first playoff game I am now in the championship game.

My last team is the PEHawks league.. and Im somehow in the championship game in that league too..though to be honest I feel like a fraud. That team has gotten where it has because the Patriots decided this was an "air it out" year, Sproles had a great season and I had AP. Sproles was a very late round pickup.. but he is really what saved me.. he was so consistant.

Id love to hear how other peoples teams went.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
My team was consistently terrible the entire year. I could never find an RB #2, my WRs all found ways to have 6 catches for 60 yards and no TDs, and I had Phillips Rivers for the first half of the year before I finally started Eli Manning. 4-10 and miserable.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Thanks to lucky free agent pickups of Roy Helu, Rob Gronkowski and San Francisco's defense I'm in my league's championship game.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Vick was my starter and Fitzpatrick was my back up. I had Jamal Charles and DeAngelo Williams as my RB's. I think that about sums up my season.

why doesnt anyone like tapatalk?

Minne

Reaction score
Sucked this year. Two leagues. One league i finished with only two wins and my other league i started out 0-5-1 and finished at 6-6 missing the playoffs by one game

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
This year really seemed harder to draft for.. with running backs by committee being the norm, and QBs spreading the ball around more and more..and a whole new class of top end TEs..it was a challenge. Remember when there were 20 RBs you knew were at least going to be getting the rock 15 times a game? And only 6 TEs really worth having? Now.. TEs are almost interchangeable with about 15 fantasy worthy TEs out there..but its hard to find a consistant RB..and WRs even are harder to judge..

Minne

Reaction score
Vetamur":1qp06xbx said:
This year really seemed harder to draft for.. with running backs by committee being the norm, and QBs spreading the ball around more and more..and a whole new class of top end TEs..it was a challenge. Remember when there were 20 RBs you knew were at least going to be getting the rock 15 times a game? And only 6 TEs really worth having? Now.. TEs are almost interchangeable with about 15 fantasy worthy TEs out there..but its hard to find a consistant RB..and WRs even are harder to judge..

Yeah, wide recievers are easier to pick up off the free agen'ts now days. Picked up antonio brown off the steelers this year and he didn't disapoint,

I struggled at tight end all year, couldnt get a good one at all, never really scored much at that position till last week, celek went off. next year i'm going to make sure to squeeze in a good tight end in the rounds because it's a good position that can benefit alot

JKent82

Reaction score
Managed to get to the superbowl with all three teams, but all were pretty identical picking from the 2 spot. 2 of the leagues were just for draft practice for the ones with my friends, but it worked out, though I don't pay much attention to the other two, but neither does anyone else.

I think I just got kinda lucky drafting. I backdoored my way into two of them, but hey, two game season once your in.

We'll see how it goes going up against Megatron, Gronkowski, and Stafford.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
In the championship game this week. Been riding Marshawn and the Seahawks Def to a huge win in the semi-final.

I have the highest scoring offense and won $100 for that. I also had the most points scored against me too so I finished 6th but have been smoking it in the playoffs.

My auction league with Vet is hellhole.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
I remember early in the season, Sammy, trying to cheer you up in the auction league.. when I was 4-3.. I never won a game after that and finished behind you. lol. but Im looking forward to it next year. Good luck in the play offs in your money league!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Winning my championship game by over 45 points with Julio Jones and Mason Crosby left. My opponent has got his kicker and Drew Brees left.

Last time I played him, Brees went off for 45 points but held on for the win by less than a point.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I had 3 teams. 1 team was awful, 1 lost in the semifinals, and with the 3rd team I am 60 points up in the championship game and I still have Michael Turner and Jimmy Graham left to play while they have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Incidentally the MVP of my championship team was the Mr. Irrelevant of the draft: Cam Newton.

Minne

Reaction score
JSeahawks":y6hdad1n said:
I had 3 teams. 1 team was awful, 1 lost in the semifinals, and with the 3rd team I am 60 points up in the championship game and I still have Michael Turner and Jimmy Graham left to play while they have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Incidentally the MVP of my championship team was the Mr. Irrelevant of the draft: Cam Newton.

yup. best free agent pick up of the year

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Our Championship uses a two-week aggregate and my opponent has a slim 2.5-point lead heading into the final week thanks to that last-minute garbage time TD pass from Brees to Sproles, both of whom are on his team.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Over the years my teams have been slipping from mediocre to subpar. I'm in two leagues, a standard espn league, and a league where you have a full roster aside from offensive linemen. The coach in me gets in the way of the fantasy player, saying, "hey, he'd make a great 3-4 end for me" before "Does he have any fantasy value whatsoever?" crosses my mind.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":137bp8j3 said:
Our Championship uses a two-week aggregate and my opponent has a slim 2.5-point lead heading into the final week thanks to that last-minute garbage time TD pass from Brees to Sproles, both of whom are on his team.

I didn't know this was possible! Does Yahoo support that feature? I'd love to have the Championship NOT decided by a one-week wonder.

League 1:
I posted the highest overall 2 week average in my playoffs and finished 4th, losing to 2 lucky hot streaks in each matchup. Seeded #2, had a first round bye, lost both playoffs.

League 2:
In Championship, I'll update next week.

League 3:
In Championship, #1 seed, blowing everyone else away averaging 250 pts a week (50+ more than everyone else) but have 2 losses to crazy hot streaks on the season, hoping for a fair squirt in the Championship...though having to sub in Rivers for Rodgers due to him potentially not playing might hurt.

Sneaky waiver pick of the week if you have a week 17 championship: Randall Cobb. Green Bay will likely send out the Rook for some playing time at WR and he might have a big day. He's a playmaker (not sure if he's still on KR duty but he was earlier and returned at least one for a TD.

TraumaHawk2011

Reaction score
Is there a better (for idiots like me of course) league than Yahoo? I have played Yahoo fantasy for many years and have managed our hospital's league (also on Yahoo). This year I really got to deslike the whole yahoo deal, too spotty, too many post game adjustments, too many pansy positions like QB/WR/RB , WR/RB etc. Do you guys recommend any other sites? Free leagues and $$$ leagues (Hospital league HAS to be a free league)? Thanks!!

As for my Leagues,

League #1

Playing championship game this week. I have won this old Bellingham job league 6 out of 7 years. Old school Yahoo league with no fancy positions

League #2
(from .Net) Beat the Jester but now in the semis Rapelisberger got hurt and I lost. Will be playing for 3rd place this week

League #3
(.net), I quit before it even started, too many crazy positions and scoring schemes, and to be honest I don't know the final result

League #4
(Hospital league) Horrible season, will be playing for 5th position, I was Seahawks heavy on my squad. Curious fact, my wife joined this league this year for fun and drafted according to how cute the damn players look. She is playing the title game this week. Not sure if I should be proud or cry.

PS: Jester I got you number for next year too bud :)

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Well..my leagues are all done now. I finished last in the auction..2nd in one league and won the championship in the last. Not bad. I want to play in different leagues next year..I missed playing in an IDP league..I really enjoy those.

Latest posts