Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Post subject: Which QB should I start?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:08 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Rivers (at OAK) or Hasselbeck (vs. STL)? The scoring is as follows: 1 point for every 25 passing yards, 4 points for every passing TD, and -1 point for every interception.

Post subject: Re: Which QB should I start?
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:16 pm 
* NET Philistine *

Suggest Rivers since you probably drafted him in the 4th or 5th round and if you're making that kind of investment in a player, it's wise to start them week 1 until your back up proves otherwise.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:57 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Actually, I would start Hass over Rivers. Oakland's pass defense isn't that bad, better than St. Louis' at least, and I expect the Seahawks-Rams game to be closer than the Chargers-Raiders game which means Hass will probably be throwing it more.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:29 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Im of two minds..one says "Yeah, stick with the guy you drafted first..there is a reason you drafted him there."

But the other mind says, SD outclasses the Raiders badly, and the Raiders best player is one of their CBs..so this could be a game the Chargers run a lot. Seattle will also have a blowout victory but we cant run the ball so Hass will still throw.

Tie breaker: We will probably score off of Julius Jones runs once we get close. San Diego will throw to Gates for the TD.. so Rivers will have 8 or 12 points off of TD passes... go with Rivers. My best guess anyway.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 pm 
NET Rookie

My 2 cents:

all our preseason games TDs (at least all the first team TDs) have been Hass TDs to Housh, Butler or Carlson. Scaaaary.... I can also envision our run game to be weak but our backs will be getting a ton of catches out of the backfield or on checkdowns.

Nmasi Asomughuna, or however you spell it, will most likely be playing with a cast (bone chip in wrist). They can still throw on the Raiders fairly easily.

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]