Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:17 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
just want to get some of your opinions on who I should start this week.

Defenses
San Francisco (vs. SEA)
or
Green Bay (vs. CHI)


RB
Marshawn (vs. SF) I love Marshawn but im pretty worried to start him vs SF
or
Mendenhall (vs. STL)


WR
D. Bowe (vs OAK)
or
G. Tate (picked him up when Rice went down, hoping for a big game but IDK vs SF)
or
D. Baldwin

what do yall think?

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:30 pm 
* NET Moderator *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
Posts: 18457
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Since Forte and Cutler are still out i'd go with Green Bay.

If youre a seahawks fan you gotta go with Marshawn.

And i'd go with Bowe. Tate and Baldwin are both capable of having big games, but they're also capable of having really quiet games. I think Bowe brings more consistency.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
JSeahawks wrote:
Since Forte and Cutler are still out i'd go with Green Bay.

If youre a seahawks fan you gotta go with Marshawn.

And i'd go with Bowe. Tate and Baldwin are both capable of having big games, but they're also capable of having really quiet games. I think Bowe brings more consistency.


yeah thats how im leaning right now, and for the same reasons.

im playing the top scorer in the league though so its gonna be tough.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:55 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 2:30 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: Camano Island
Id start packers defense and marshawn

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
Posts: 17584
Location: The beautiful PNW
Win-win on the defenses. Heart says Seattle's, but gut says Packers'. If we decimated the Bears on the road as bad as we did, just think about what a supercharged Green Bay offense, fired up about losing last week, will do to them. And they're long-time division rivals. I don't think either one will be a terrible choice, but for pure domination, I'd go with Green Bays', as much as it pains me as a Seahawks fan to admit it.

With RB, you've again got a possible win-win, but not as likely. Marshawn could go on a tear after being shut down some against the Bears, but SF's defense is really good too. Better, in fact. And couple that with the fact that Mendenhall is on a team smarting from a Monday night thrashing, fighting for their division title against the hapless Rams, and you've got a winner there. Add the fact that a crippled Worthlessburger will only add to the run game, and you've got your answer here. Marshawn may well be a great choice for fantasy points this week, but Mendenhall in this case is a better one.

None of the WR choices are stellar ones, but you work with whatcha got. And it might be a little easier choice to make. I don't think I'd trust any KC receiver, even if it is against Chokeland. All of those teams are right in the thick of a division title slugfest, and it's anyone's game. They've all had great games, and they've all had craptastic games. KC is coming down off the high of beating the previously unbeaten Green Bay Packers, and may have a letdown game. Chokeland is hot then cold. Or more cold then cold lately, but still. Tate and Baldwin aren't guarantees to do anything with Jackson throwing to them against the stiff 49ers defense, but they're probably better than KC's WRs. Tate's been on a considerable upswing here at the end of the year, but Baldwin might rebound from an off game last week and continue his dominance as our leading receiver. It's a push for me between the two of them, but I might go with Tate to continue a late-season surge.

_________________
World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:38 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Win-win on the defenses. Heart says Seattle's, but gut says Packers'. If we decimated the Bears on the road as bad as we did, just think about what a supercharged Green Bay offense, fired up about losing last week, will do to them. And they're long-time division rivals. I don't think either one will be a terrible choice, but for pure domination, I'd go with Green Bays', as much as it pains me as a Seahawks fan to admit it.

With RB, you've again got a possible win-win, but not as likely. Marshawn could go on a tear after being shut down some against the Bears, but SF's defense is really good too. Better, in fact. And couple that with the fact that Mendenhall is on a team smarting from a Monday night thrashing, fighting for their division title against the hapless Rams, and you've got a winner there. Add the fact that a crippled Worthlessburger will only add to the run game, and you've got your answer here. Marshawn may well be a great choice for fantasy points this week, but Mendenhall in this case is a better one.

None of the WR choices are stellar ones, but you work with whatcha got. And it might be a little easier choice to make. I don't think I'd trust any KC receiver, even if it is against Chokeland. All of those teams are right in the thick of a division title slugfest, and it's anyone's game. They've all had great games, and they've all had craptastic games. KC is coming down off the high of beating the previously unbeaten Green Bay Packers, and may have a letdown game. Chokeland is hot then cold. Or more cold then cold lately, but still. Tate and Baldwin aren't guarantees to do anything with Jackson throwing to them against the stiff 49ers defense, but they're probably better than KC's WRs. Tate's been on a considerable upswing here at the end of the year, but Baldwin might rebound from an off game last week and continue his dominance as our leading receiver. It's a push for me between the two of them, but I might go with Tate to continue a late-season surge.


thanks for the reply.

I personally think T-Jack and our Offense will be completely shut down vs. SF. I dont see Tate having a big game.
I think Bowe is way more capable of a big game and Orton was pretty good vs. GB last week.

I think im gonna sit all my hawks but Lynch. good thing I got Brady and Gronk! they are the only reason I made it this far lol.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 2:30 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: Camano Island
There any better free agent wide recievers on the wire then golden tate? how many team league? golden tate is more for deep leagues but he does decent

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1877
Location: Bay Area, CA
Hey, nice to see someone else make it to championship round.

I would start Green Bay defense just because they are playing a team with not a good QB and without prime back in Forte.

I would also start Lynch just because I have a gut feeling he will score a TD.

I would also start Bowe cuz you know Oakland can't really cover.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need some Fantasy Help (Championship week)
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:01 pm
Posts: 1847
Minne wrote:
There any better free agent wide recievers on the wire then golden tate? how many team league? golden tate is more for deep leagues but he does decent


its a 12 team league, and yeah there are some decent WR's, I picked up Torrey Smith today.

Tate has the most snaps of any seattle WR since Rice went down. So he is Seattle's #1 right now, that and he's my favorite player lol


MANUNITED23 wrote:
Hey, nice to see someone else make it to championship round.

I would start Green Bay defense just because they are playing a team with not a good QB and without prime back in Forte.

I would also start Lynch just because I have a gut feeling he will score a TD.

I would also start Bowe cuz you know Oakland can't really cover.


yeah thats what Im going with, thanks for the advice guys.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.