Madden 12 PS3 Community

Spounge84

Reaction score
Just won a thriller against the Saints. Freeman threw 2 ints just before the half giving the Saints a short field both times and allowing them to go up by 10. Tampa Bay was able to drive down the field just before the end of the half and get a FG to bring NO's lead down to 7. Neither team could do much of anything through much of the 3rd quarter, until the Bucs got the ball and rode the back of Legarrette Blount all the way to the endzone. From there New Orleans looked to be moving the ball well but the Bucs D stopped them on a critical 3rd down near midfield. A couple of plays and a huge pass from Freeman to Benn set the Bucs up in field goal range with less than a minute left and forced NO to use their first timeout. A few more run plays left the Saints without any timeouts and TB with a 23 yard FG opportunity. The Bucs call a timeout with 10 seconds left, and Connor Barth kicks in the game winning field goal!

Huge win, as I have several human opponents over the next few games and these will be even more challenging.

TravTex

Reaction score
Hey Spouccaneers,

I'm working Sat-Sun, should be wide open for Monday or Tuesday evening after 8 or 9, Seattle time.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Either of those work for me, I just finished the quarter and am on winter break right now so I have a lot of free time.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Hey Sammy, when do you want to face the wrath of the Panthers? 7-10 is my weekday window, or any time Thursday or Friday.

TravTex

Reaction score
Texans put up a solid performance and managed to hold on for the win despite the Football Gods repeatedly smiting them. Four injuries over the course of the game, at one point I was playing a 3rd string safety. Schaub continued his unerring ability to throw interceptions that don't seem to be entirely his fault (The best was targeting Johnson in the end zone almost perfectly on a curl. The defender was playing off him ever-so-slightly... Instead of just standing there and catching the pass for the TD, he immediately runs back OUT of the endzone away from the ball, allowing for a perfect spiral into the surprised defender's arms. Tard.)

20-9 Texans in the rain IN Tampa.

Foster's comeback resulted in a 100 yard game, and Andre Johnson snagged six passes for over 100 yards, including an absolutely gorgeous PA streak in which he utterly shredded the coverage.

Things were just not going the Buccs way, At. All.

Meanwhile: WTF is up in the AFC North? Damn near have an all-way tie going on, there.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I could maybe do 5 if you're available, but I am meeting up with some old friends for some brews tomorrow night so I don't think 7 will work.

Tuesday at 7?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Epic game Kyle. Easily could have gone either way. I got extremely lucky by getting into FG range to tie it up but you got equally lucky by hitting that hailmary TD to end the first half.

The Panthers were running at whim all over the Titans all day long, but 3 costly turnovers by Cam Newton did them in; one for a pick-6, another that I turned into a FG and another deep in their own endzone in OT which I turned into a 49-yard GW FG.

Titans were pretty much contained all day except for 3 big plays; the pick-6, CJ2K went for a 60+ yard TD run elluding multiple guys and then just outrunning them and the long bomb to Kenny Britt who then go out of bounds to get within FG range to tie it before regulation when I didn't have any time outs left.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
All of the games Ive played against others here have been good ones. GG Sammy. One hell of a comeback.

I'm still pissed at my defense. I could've sworn I chose multiple at the start but somehow I ended up with a 3-4 base, kinda annoying, but that wasn't my big issue anyways. I'm pretty sure Sammy and I threw a similar number of "pickable" passes, but he caught his and I dropped mine. Including the play right before the winning FG. I need to get some defenders with some mitts.

So much for 19-0. You brought great pressure all game and that really hurt my deep game (outside of that Hail Mary).