Madden 12 PS3 Community

TravTex

Reaction score
Awesome game, man. I spent the vast majority of that one thinking, 'Well, no way in hell I'm getting THIS one back', and kept doing... well, actually that's the only thing I CAN do. Chew up clock on offense and sniff out turnovers on defense. J.Joseph with two TDs. Ward didn't entirely embarrass himself, but the Texans' run game was never really a threat without AF.

I was totally guilty of that roughing the passer, hah. Locker had 300 pounds of Keoeatmu or however the hell you spell it giving him a helmet-to-helmet hit well after the screen was away. He'll be getting a call from Mr. Commissioner.

Daniels is my safety valve. Makes for bad habits, though, and things get predictable, but... If Johnson's covered, Daniels. If Jones is open, he'll drop the damn ball. Walter's too slow, he's probably covered. (I think he was like 2 for 17 or some such.)

I thought that thing was going to OT.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think my router sucks Sno. It's in another room hardwired to my dinosaur desktop computer so I'm using the wireless on the PS3 (which seems to be a little sketchy). Time for a reconfig I think. Don't use the desktop much and our laptops lug a little and it's probablly due to the router being off in the toolies. I'll hardwire the PS3 for optimal gaming performance and get a cheapie USB network adapter for the desktop POS.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, wireless is pretty rough on consoles. I've gotten too tech stupid to know precisely why, but I heard it on the interwebs so you know it's 100% factually accurate.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yep. Saints are available, but in the interest of balance I'd strongly encourage the Jags or the Colts. (All of the above are currently around 3-3, I think.) I'm getting ready to run off to work, can somebody direct Yak to the group/pword post? It's buried in the thread, and I won't be able to get online to do an invite 'til about Monday or Tuesday.

TravTex

Reaction score
Better hurry up if you want to get a game in, Yak. I'm going to advance here in the next day or two.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Seriously... I need to get a new game in and put that Trav-esty behind me. Advance away fearless leader, advance away.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sorry, Haven't been able to play my game vs. Detroit. had my folks staying with us from out of town, so I had a full time gig playing referee between my wife and mother. If I don't get er done tonight, just go ahead and sim the sumbitch.

TravTex

Reaction score
sammyc521":2dbaa4dw said:
Seriously... I need to get a new game in and put that Trav-esty behind me. Advance away fearless leader, advance away.

That's got to be some sort of comeback record, right?

Down 28-7 at the half. Coach Trav gots some halftime motivational skills.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Finally managed to finish my game without my router shitting the bed. I really need to reconfigure my set up and hardwire my PS3.

I was so freaked out about dropping the connection again that I 'super-simmed' my defense to move it along faster. Turns out my CPU defense sucks the big one as they gave up like 31 points. Had to win it in a shoot-out 38-31.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
TravTex":17wspxll said:
sammyc521":17wspxll said:

That's got to be some sort of comeback record, right?

Down 28-7 at the half. Coach Trav gots some halftime motivational skills.
Ugh... Got that stink off by absolutely destroying the Peyton-less Colts. 45-21 Titans (6-1 overall)

Stats
Locker 17/24 287 Yards 4 TDs 1 INT
CJ2K 32 Att 177 Yards 2 TDs 3 Rec 35 Yards
Britt 8 Rec 178 Yards 3 TDs

TravTex

Reaction score
Encouraged by the 35-point second half comeback against the Sammitans, Houston came out and trampled all over the Jaguars. 38-23 Texans (5-3)

Schaub had a ridiculous first half, going 12 for 13 for 140 yards and 3 TDs to go up 28-7 early. He reverted to throwing a couple pics in the second half, but still ended up with a respectable performance.

The Jaguars run defense made Ward look like an All-Pro. 22 carries, 219 yards, 2 TDs. He and Owen Daniels carried the day, with Daniels picking up 7 catches for 83 yards and 2 TDs.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Eeked out a close win against the Vikings, 14-10. Cam Newton continued to show that he can't play worth crap in the rain, which seems to define my most recent games. Luckily. DeAngelo Williams had another huge game and ran for 160 yards on just 19 carries. However it was Jonathan Stewart who, by pure luck (*I* could've gotten 10 yards on the play, Stewart wasn't touched), managed to score a 40 yard touchdown in the 4th quarter. The defense played very well, little Bruce Johnson (5'11 185lbs or maybe 178) made several tackles of AP that were either for loss, no gain, or shy of the first down on 3rd/4th down. Stroud had a huge game, only one sack but he was the first guy to beat his man every time.

TravTex

Reaction score
Halfway into the season, looking at the Travtexans...

5-3, and with the Titans sitting on top of the division, going to be scraping for a Wildcard at best. Looks like that Week 17 rematch against Tenn is be a Game of Import.

WTF Player of the Year So Far: Connor Barwin, giant monster OLB. Dude's a 72 or 73 overall, and has 6 sacks. 6'4"/260. Obliterating QBs.

Disappointments: Schaub. Way too many picks. But, that's just the nature of the game. Noticing that with the league stats. The human players are leading the league in rushing yards and interceptions. Human players' defenders apparently suck at tackling, too.

Also, Foster. Not really his fault, though. Injury.

Best free agent pickups: Giant Tongan, Ma'ake Kemoeatu. Not great stats, but causes some disruption up the middle, enabling Houston's froth of pass rushers to get at the QB. Also, Matt Dodge has a beast leg.

TravTex

Reaction score
Advanced.

Travtexans win again, getting back into relevance with a win over the 5-2 Browns to go to 6-3 on the season. Talk about your ass-ugly games, though. Texans remained dominant throughout, but Schaub pulled another stupid and threw 3 interceptions. Schaub is leading the league in interceptions, as well as the ability to inspire linebackers to develop the powers of flight and teleportation. My problem feeds directly into Madden's problem. Madden has uber alert and athletic linebackers, and I LOVE to dump the ball over the middle to crossing routes. The result is inevitable.

Anyway, Ward put up another 90-some yard day and the good guys win 10-3 at home against a wildly inefficient and amazingly ugly Madden McCoy.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Just played the ugliest game of Madden in the rain... I won but only because the Madden-gawds felt really bad for me. Witherspoon runs a Cedric Benson fumble 99 yards but there's a flag on the ground. I'm pretty sure it's a holding call against them but you never know... Game was played in the rain and I couldn't complete a pass to save my life except to the opposing defense. Locker is a rookie that can't play in rain and CJ2K is awesome.

Half way through the season the the Titans sit at 7-1 with their one blemish against the mighty TravTexans.

With less than half of Hass's snaps under center, Locker has almost as many yards, more TD and less INTs.

On the year:
Hass 849 Yards 7 TD 14 INTs
Locker 794 yards 9 TD 9 INTs

CJ2K 231 Att 1462 Yards 9 TDs 24 Rec 262 Yards 2 TD

Kenny Britt 28 Rec 472 Yards 8 TD (1 Rushing TD)

Dave Ball and Will Witherspoon with 7 Sacks each