Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Madden 12 PS3 Community
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Managed to beat the Raiders despite losing Schaub for half of the game. Leinart is atrocious... and left-handed, which is a bitch to adjust to. 24-13. They took out Schaub, we took out McFadden. Fair trade. Once again, our underrated defense just harassed the hell out of the QB.

Offense is underacheiving, defense is overacheiving. Par for the course for a Flatt team.

Edit: Had my acheivings backward. Rayduhs 0-5, btw. Har.

Edit 2: See how quick we can wrap up these CPU games soon, think there are a batch of user-user matchups next game week, as well as it being Trade Week (Though not looking like anyone's wanting to make a move?).

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:14 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Ready for my match-up against the Steelers in Pitt.

I start off hot by sacking Big Ben on two straight plays pinning them deep in their own five and then stuff Medenhall for a loss on 3rd and 26. After receiving the punt, on my second play I throw another INT... I rough up their line again and get a INT on a deep-route and quick get back. After a nice 1st down by CJ2K, they stuff my run and I'm faced with a 3rd and long... I hit the wrong button and throw to a guy in the flats instead of the one going for a 1st down. Titans Punt and pin them deep. And then my CB makes his 2nd INT of the day after my DT force Ben into a bad throw. Titans ball on the 16. I hit my TE for the TD but Polamalu bats it away... I have to settle for the FG.

Steelers march thanks to another botched play down field where I take control of my DB and he just stops. Steelers 7-3.

On the heels of CJ2K I march down the field (as always) and once I hit the redzone on a ball that was throw about 10 feet too high for my WR, it gets tipped and intercepted... again. At least it wasn't a LB. Forced the 3-and-out right at the 2-minute warning. So I get down to the 2-yard line... convert a 4th-and-1 and quickly call my last TO with 9 seconds left. Figure I get one shot in the endzone and if not I can kick the FG... unless I get sacked. Which I did.

Finally got some offense and drove down the field without CJ2K carrying the ball 8+ times. Still need help getting through this Pitt Secondary. Had to settle for another FG even though I was at their 5-yard line... again. At least I didn't turn it over or let the game clock expire. :) 7-6 Steelers lead.

Ugh... I want to fire Hasselbeck so bad... He's been high all day and it led to his 3rd INT of the day. That's it... executive decision. The Rookie is coming in. And I accidently burned a TO while navigating the menu... And the game-hate starts. So I've been containg their running game all day and then they decided to covert on a 3rd-and-14 by breaking 3 tackles. And they're knocking on the goalline now. Luckily, I hold them to a FG 10-6 Steelers.

And the move to Locker has made huge dividends and his rocket-arm is huge in making my throws compared to Hasselbeck's noodle-arm. TD JAKE LOCKER! He finds his TE streaking down the field in 1-on-1 coverage and makes the catch and holds on (not like before) and the Titans take the lead 13-10 with 2:47 left in the 4th QTR. INT Chris Hope. Titans Ball! CJ2K time! After they were able to stuff the run on 3 plays, I punt the ball deep inside their own 20. I burned up all but one of their TOs. The Steelers march down the field but only gain 30 yards but have only 20 seconds left at the 50-yard line with the clock running. Hailmary into the endzone falls harmlessly. Titans win; 13-10.

Hass 6/16 105 Yards 3 INTs
Locker 4/4 56 Yards 1 TD 0 INT
CJ2k 34 Att 144 Yards 2 Rec 11 Yards

Defense 8.0 Sacks 12 TFL 3 INTs Held Pitt to 2/10 for 3rd Down Conversion (all late) 93 Yards given up (44 Rushing/49 Passing).

Next week is a BYE for me then I face the TravTexans in Week 7.

Trav - Has trade week already passed? I'd like to trade away Hass for a new TE rated around the low-mid 80's.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:18 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Sounds likely to pass on the surface, just depends on specifics (Also, Hass being old, might have to be the 'Right Fit' spot... Try a few options out in single player franchise and see what options you get offered for a baseline?)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:21 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Arrrrrrrrgh.

Walked into Baltimore not knowing that the football gods had already decided that the Ravens would win and the Texans could just go right on and frick themselves.

Here's a list of the atrocities:

2 Interceptions. 1: Tipped ball. 2: Ray Lewis does a flying superman one-handed pick.
3 Fumbles. 1 for Arian Foster, 2 for Ward.
Injuries. In the first half, I lost my starting HB, #1 WR, TE, and CB. Foster's out another four weeks with an abdominal tear.
First half damage: 20-0 Ravens.

I got Daniels back in the middle of the 3rd, then got Johnson back toward the end of the fourth and put up a bit of a fight, but it was way too little, too late. 30-21 Ravens. Hard to get much going on that defense with your second fricking string offense.

I might be shopping for a halfback... or another WR. Keep losing Johnson to injury, and Walter's a good hands guy but just can't stretch the field. My other speedsters keep letting passes bounce off their hands, foreheads, asses, etc. Wonder what I can get for one of my D guys (Though, hate to break up the pass rush thing we've got going).

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:31 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

I'm open to trading Stewart if he's your kind of back. Not rushing to do so, but if you're interested I'll entertain offers.

Can - I have to leave eaaarly Sunday for Wichita, Kansas and I'm leaning towards not taking my PS3, so when are you available this week? I am iffy for tonight and tomorrow night (I'll be free by 8pst tomorrow night), but I can leave open any time Friday or Saturday.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:10 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Unfortunately, I don't think the gap between Ward and anyone I could easily trade for is worth it for someone who's going to be a glorified backup when Foster comes back from the injury. The TravTexans' season hopes are circling the drain.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:13 pm 
* Gangnameister *

Snohomie wrote:
I'm open to trading Stewart if he's your kind of back. Not rushing to do so, but if you're interested I'll entertain offers.

Can - I have to leave eaaarly Sunday for Wichita, Kansas and I'm leaning towards not taking my PS3, so when are you available this week? I am iffy for tonight and tomorrow night (I'll be free by 8pst tomorrow night), but I can leave open any time Friday or Saturday.

My Madden time hinges around what time the wifey and baby are in bed. After 10:30pm - 11:00ish has been my usual Madden time these days. Saturday around 12:00pm to 1:00ish will work this weekend as the Mrs. is working and Jr. takes a nap.

...Told y'all I'd be unreliable. ;)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:45 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

CANHawk wrote:
Snohomie wrote:

My Madden time hinges around what time the wifey and baby are in bed. After 10:30pm - 11:00ish has been my usual Madden time these days. Saturday around 12:00pm to 1:00ish will work this weekend as the Mrs. is working and Jr. takes a nap.

...Told y'all I'd be unreliable. ;)

No more than me, and these goobers put me in charge!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:02 am 
* Gangnameister *

GAT DAMN SHIT ASS @#$! CRAP BUTT @#$! FART DING DONG @@#$@! CRAPALAPPA FRAKKING FART!!!
:smilie=angry016.gif: :cussing: :waah:

So I'm playing the Undefeated Snohomie Panthers last night in an epic back anf forth battle. I get the ball in the 4th quarter up 17-14 on what... my 30 maybe... with 4:00 minutes left. I'm walking it up the field, eating clock like it's made out of french fries. Michael Turner is a 1st down machine. I march it down to his 3 yard line with about a 1:00 on the clock. A TD here puts the game completely out of reach. So I dial up my play, line up for the coffin nail score and...............

...baby monitor...

CANHawk Jr. is starting to sob. From past experience I know that if I can get to him in time that I can get him back down with very little struggle so I hit pause and race up the stairs. - At this point I need to mention that Mrs. CANHawk was scheduled to travel for work this morning and needed to be up and out of the house for the airport at 5:00am, so there was no chance at any help there for sake of a video game - He resists a little more than usual, perhaps the tension oozing out of me about not wanting to to leave Sno hanging and - perhaps more importantly - get that W was having an effect on him. But he goes down... eventually.

I race back down the stairs to find that the game had un-paused itself (It fricking does that!?) and I had taken 2 delay of game penalties. Great... so 2nd and goal at the 3 or whatever it was becomes 2nd and goal at the 13. Okay, I'm a grown up so I deal with it. I know I have to milk that clock so I dial up the iso dive out of the power I again. As the team is lining up.......

...baby monitor...

It's a little whimper again and there's maybe, what... 30 seconds on the clock? So I let it ride. I run the play, only half paying attention to what's going on - as the other half of my attention was on the sounds emminating from the baby monitor - I don't notice that Sno has loaded the box. I run for a gain of bupkis. Fine, whatevs. A nail in the coffin would have been awesome, but the field goal makes it TD or nuthin for Sno, so I hit the trey. Time to kick off, but...? you guessed it...

...baby monitor...

Only this time it isn't a little whimper. It's a full on whaaaa, followed by a thud, followed by a scream. Okay, I gotta go. NOW. So I hit pause and hope for the best. Race up stairs and find the kid has crawled over the guard rail on his Thomas the Tank bed and did a face plant - Mrs. CANHawk continues to sleep through it in the next room - and he's bawling his face off.

Fine. You win "responsability". I'll be a good dad and figure out what's wrong with Jr. Turns out he had over-pissed his diaper and it wa leaking onto his PJ's. The kid had only gone to bet 2 hours before, so where the hell all that whiz came from I do not know. I change his diaper at break neck speed, change his PJ's and get him back to sleep.

So I race back to the game. I guess I did get the kickoff off before hitting pause (which it had unpaused itself again... @#$!) because I come back and find the game in progress. I guess the computer just was picking default defenses and defensive assistant was controling my guy because when I get back, I'm on offense with the option to take a knee. By the time I walk (jog/skip or otherwise hussle) from my kitchen entrance, through my kitchen and to the couch in the family room to pick up the controler.... a dialogue pops up on the screen saying I have been removed from the game due to inactivity.

I guess Sno had thrown a pick against the CPU defense (?? I dunno, wasn't there to see it) and ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAKE A KNEE to seal the win and the gat damn thing punted me for inactivity.

I am so incredibly pissed off at that set of circumstances!!! If it had happened in the first half, it would have been an 'oh well' moment, but for it to happen within SECONDS of a victory is stroke inducing!

So... Mr. Snohomie... that was an awesome game. Extremely competitive, great fun. If you're wondering just WTF happened to CANHawk... that's my story. So I guess we have to play that game again? it doesn't look like it made me lose by default, just rendered the game null and void. Too bad too cuz Julio Jones was having a career day; like 9 catched for 150 or something?

I look forward to a second attempt at this game. My apologies for bailing on you. It's really out of charachter for the kid to wake up that early in the evening, if it was after 1:00am I almost would have expected it, but 11:30 is unheard of for him.

Let me know when a good time for a second attempt would be and again, I totally apologize for flaking out.

Cheers.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:46 am 
* NET Draft Guru *

So THAT'S what happened! I was wondering why the time outs kept coming. I was having a lot of latency issues (I am an awful FG kicker, but normally I don't boot kickoffs to the sidelines) and figured you must be fighting your internet as well.

I was wondering if you were just getting bored after whooping me or what. It was an epic match, I'm pretty sure I'll get a noise complaint from my neighbors because I had some very descriptive words for Cam Newton after he threw that last pick (to a very open target. Newton threw it behind the receiver and into the defender. I mean, the defender was just protecting his face from the ball. "Jackass" was the word of the night. And your offense was brutal, I played an offline game after yours and really took my anger out on Turner for all those first downs he ran for when we played. He had like 10 carries for -5 yards.

The game gave me the option to win (this is AFTER I send "GG" to Can) or to restart. If I could've taken the loss I would've. I guess you'll need to try your luck again sometime today or tomorrow. I'll be out a little today but I imagine I will be available most of the day today or tomorrow. Basically, I can work around little CANHawk's schedule.

NOTICE: DO NOT BELIEVE CANHawk! I have played Madden long enough to know that I am not a shit player. Despite his humility, CANHawk DOES NOT SUCK! It's all a ploy!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:19 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

That was awesome. Love that our Madden community is still alilve on the PS3 while the Xbox community seems to have died off.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:05 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

Picked up Marcus Stroud. I have no idea who's turn it is but I figure this week has been active long enough that if you wanted him, you already had your chance.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:30 pm 
* Gangnameister *

Thanks for being so cool about it. Sno. Get your headset cued up next time so we can chit chat!

I think the folks at EA need to realize that a big part of their target demo are Dads now and sometimes kids wake up screaming for no reason and Dad's need more than whatever piddly amount of time they allow for in a pause to take care of baby bidness.

Maybe the years of having my ass beaten into the ground by my brother the video game tester and years of losing on-line games becasue I refuse to use any team other than the Seahawks (who have been abysmal in Madden) has caused me to have an inferiority complex of some sort. Thanks for the compliment on my game. You were much better than a shit player too. You made Gonzalles a bit of a non factor.
;)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:51 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

We about ready to advance? No trades to propose/vote on/etc?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:47 am 
* NET Draft Guru *

Dear God, I need to make some moves for my defense, but I have no idea how to get what I need without much in trade-able assets other than Stewart. Oh well.

The Canadian Falcons (surprisingly fierce name for something that starts with Canadian) and the Snohomie Panthers faced off for the second time last night. The Falcons jumped to an early 21-7 lead, as Michael Turner ran roughshod over the B#(@& A$*F$@)s that make up the Panthers defense. Matt Ryan started hot and stayed hot, and even when I focused my defense on stopping Turner we... well, didn't. I know at one point he was averaging nearly 10 yards a carry, though I think that fell. By the 2nd quarter, I was looking for a "forfeit" button. "Jackass" was replaced by "Worthless (rooster) (slang for lollipop)" this game. I didn't force a punt until the 3rd quarter. The Falcons OL ate up a DL who's lightest player was 280lbs.

Then, something weird happened. The Panthers offense, which had struggled in the previous matchup and was going pass heavy (latency issues really eff up my inside running game), started making big plays DeAngelo Williams streaked untouched for a TD. Steve Smith caught a curl, broke a tackle, and beat everyone to the endzone. DeAngelo Williams had another TD, going the opposite direction. Cam Newton, who has really lost his deep touch, started hitting key 3rd downs. Newton did run for several first downs as well, and his only pick was a late-in-the-game downfield gamble that was as good as a punt.

As the fourth quarter started, the Panthers were down 31-21 (or maybe that was late third). I managed to bring us within 3, and then take a four point lead (34-30?) with 5 minutes remaining. Or just enough time for CAN to march down the field. Only something weird happened. My defense recognized that they could play better football if their heads were not firmly planted in their behinds. A key 3rd-and-short stop of Turner led to a crucial 4th down with about 2 minutes remaining. Turner was made for these moments. But, somehow, my little secondary gang-tackled Turner right at the first down line. Turner had made it, surely. But wait, the refs ruled that Turner was stopped what must've been a fraction of an inch from the line, it was Panther's ball! A few good runs and the game was over, the Panthers somehow remained undefeated... just barely.

Great game CAN. It's a good thing I don't own headphones, I'm not sure that what I was saying (until the last 2 minutes or so) would've flown in the SHACK.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:23 pm 
* Gangnameister *

I'm still upset about that 4th and short. Looked to me like he made it. if it wasn't inside of 2:00 minutes I would have challenged that shit!

And you forgot to mention Julio Jones and his 12 receptions for a gazillion yards. He was a beast! When next we meet I'll have Roddy white and John Abraham back. Then you shall experience the full power of the dark side! (hey, maybe I'll wear by black unis for the occasion!)

Another great game. It was too tall an order to beat the Snohomie Panthers twice I reckon. Though I have to cop to being partially my own worst enemy. I'm not used to the 10 minute quarters; I got soft in the head after a while and thought I was playing tecmo bowl. 4 verts long bombs every down. WTF was I thinking.....? Gotsta learn to play with the lead and eat clock like skittles.

Thanks again for the game.

hey, did you notice my brain fart where I thought the end of the 1st quarter was the end of the first half? lol.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:48 pm 
* Gangnameister *

I have decided that my heartbreaking loss to the Snonthers can be attributed 100% to my lack of a starting quality RG. Just noticed my back up centre is my starting right guard (and it's not due to injury). As such, I have made my first free agent claim and grabbed Leonard Davis to be my road grading RG beside Tyson Clabo.

Any objections?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:07 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

None here.

Got a game with the Titans coming up. I'm working tonight and tomorrow night, Thursday or Friday should be open late-ish. I'm usually getting to be available by nine or so, Seattle time.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:57 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Trav, sounds like a date. I'm free any time after 830 PST. Let me know which day works best for you.

Prepare to be Locker'd! (by being Locker'd it means that you sucumb to his greatest even though he's very rough by will have captured the heart and souls of many followers.)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:23 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

I'm thinking Thursday around 9 or 930 PST might work best. Locker could go either way against the Texans young defense. We've been pretty good at getting after the QB, but flushing out Locker is NOT going to help us all that much as there are definite problems in pursuit/tackling. Houston needs help at safety something desperate, so they have problems both in run support and the deep ball (Whenever a QB decides they feel like challenging JJ.

The offense has been underperforming terribly, but there's been an annoying tendency for Andre Johnson to keel over for most of the game with injury, making us pretty one dimensional. Flaming thumbtacks are certainly the favorites in this one.

Add: Hell, 'One Dimensional' is probably overstating the issue. With Foster out for at least a month, we're trending toward zero dimensional.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Well, I've been getting killed by long-bombs so there's always a chance.

Depending on how the ThNF game goes, the start time might be pushed back, that okay?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:38 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Back as in earlier? Later's always better in Travland.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Push back as in "later in the evening." Is that cool?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Sure.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

I had something really weird happen to me like 2 or 3 times while I was trying to play my game against the Bears. I'd pause the game and get stuck. I could move around in the pause menu (look up the stats view the instant replay, or even exit the game), but when I hit 'Resume Game' the pause menu would disappear and pop right back up again. Like I said it happened to me like 2 or 3 times, and I had to restart the game each time. Has anyone ever had that happen to them?

I did manage to complete the game though. Freeman had another bad performance (4 ints!), but Blount set a new NFL record with 308 rushing yards (including one that went for 90+ yards). The defense kept the Bears out of the end zone and the Bucs beat the Bears 24-6.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:45 pm 
* Gangnameister *

^I don't know about your pause menu troubles, but I tried to play my game vs. Detroit 4 times today and dropped my internet connection each time.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:57 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

Your internet is crap, CAN. At least, I think so. I played Sammy once and things seemed to go well, and both times I played you there was a framerate issue. I thought BC was all hi-tech?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

I do believe that Kyle missed 10+ FGs in our match-up though. He still won.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:31 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

I struggle hardcore aiming them.

I am pretty good at hitting 98-100% on my kicks, and I'm usually hitting the little accuracy thing... but I suck at aiming them before the kick (and I mean REAAAAAALLY suck), and even 100% sends the ball ~ 40 yards with our sliders. UGGGGH.

BTW, fair warning to all - I'm grabbing a FA when I get home tomorrow. I don't know who, but I'm not going to wait. So make your moves now or hold your peace. Downside to the Panthers is that my team has more holes than a Krispy Kreme.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:39 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

So after making Trav wait who knows how long... I finally get online and accept the Texans vs Titans matchup.

I probably played the greatest first QTR i've every played at the expense of the Texans and Trav... CJ2K churning 1st down after 1st down and then I go up-top and hit Kenny Britt for the long TD. I force a 3-and-out and get the ball back and hit Britt on a go-route for a TD when Trav plays bump coverage. On Trav's next possession I get a pick-6.

We then trade some punts back and forth and then Trav cuts me deep... he takes Locker's first INT for a pick-6 it's a game now at 21-7 Titans. Trav gets the ball again after my offense stalls on a 3rd and short. And the Texans start driving and picking me apart. I get a free blitzer and wallops Schaub and he throws up a duck in the redzone that I pick off. With time winding down I play conservative until I convert a 1st down with less than a minute left in the 1st half. After getting two long passes I sit on about the 30-yard line and call a hurry-up play and hit my streaking TE for a TD with 12 seconds in the half. Half-time comes with the score 28-7 Titans.

On the opening drive in the 3rd, Trav's Texans churn yard after yard and march down the field. On 3rd and 10 on the 35, Trav hits Daniels for the 1st down and more, he waltz in for the TD. Trav eats up just under 4 minutes in the opening part of the 3rd QTR.

I am hitting play after play and marching with CJ2K leading the way... until I hit my buttons too fast and give up an easy pick-6. 7-point game now... After I get a 1st down on a Roughing the Pass call (which I didn't even see), I give up a penalty myself on a holding call. 1st and 20 from my own 25 and I hit Washington on a out-route with nothing but grass in front of him. 35-21 Titans; Locker's 3rd TD of the night.

So again... Trav marches all over me to the 5-yard line and his WR drops an easy TD on 1st down... who redeems himself by catching it on 2nd down. 7-point game again. I try to march but Trav stalls me again. Instead of going for the 56-yard FG I punt to the 7-yard line. Two big passing plays to Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels puts the Texans at the 50-yard line. On 3rd and 3... I get a sack on a free blitzing OLB. 2-minute warning goes off and Trav opts for going for it on 4th down and hits Owen Daniels for a clutch 1st down. Texans hit the redzone with 3 TOs and 1:15 on the clock. Texans on the 1-yard line with 2 TOs and over a minute left seeking the tie... Up the gut to Ward for the tie.

1:04 on the clock and 2 TOs to the Titans name. And I give up a pick-6... 3rd one of the night on an out-route that does not go very out. On a streaking pass to CJ2k... it's intercepted and Locker has a Hasselbeck like game. Texans win 42-35.

Trav you played an excellent game. Great comeback by your team. Can't wait for our rematch in Week 17.

Stats:
Locker 15/25 339 Yards 4 TDs 4 INTs 3 returned for TDs
CJ2K 18 Att 122 Yards 0 TD
Kenny Britt 4 Rec 117 Yards 2 TDs

Schaub 24/36 302 Yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
Ward 16 Att 48 Yards 1 TD
A. Johnson 6 Rec 107 Yards 0 TD
O. Daniels 5 Rec 74 Yards 1 TD
J. Joseph and D. Manning with 2 INTs each

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:51 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Awesome game, man. I spent the vast majority of that one thinking, 'Well, no way in hell I'm getting THIS one back', and kept doing... well, actually that's the only thing I CAN do. Chew up clock on offense and sniff out turnovers on defense. J.Joseph with two TDs. Ward didn't entirely embarrass himself, but the Texans' run game was never really a threat without AF.

I was totally guilty of that roughing the passer, hah. Locker had 300 pounds of Keoeatmu or however the hell you spell it giving him a helmet-to-helmet hit well after the screen was away. He'll be getting a call from Mr. Commissioner.

Daniels is my safety valve. Makes for bad habits, though, and things get predictable, but... If Johnson's covered, Daniels. If Jones is open, he'll drop the damn ball. Walter's too slow, he's probably covered. (I think he was like 2 for 17 or some such.)

I thought that thing was going to OT.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:37 pm 
* Gangnameister *

I think my router sucks Sno. It's in another room hardwired to my dinosaur desktop computer so I'm using the wireless on the PS3 (which seems to be a little sketchy). Time for a reconfig I think. Don't use the desktop much and our laptops lug a little and it's probablly due to the router being off in the toolies. I'll hardwire the PS3 for optimal gaming performance and get a cheapie USB network adapter for the desktop POS.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:00 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Yeah, wireless is pretty rough on consoles. I've gotten too tech stupid to know precisely why, but I heard it on the interwebs so you know it's 100% factually accurate.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:03 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

I only play with a connected Ethernet cord. My wireless is terrible in my old house.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am 
NET Veteran

You guys have room for another?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:43 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Yep. Saints are available, but in the interest of balance I'd strongly encourage the Jags or the Colts. (All of the above are currently around 3-3, I think.) I'm getting ready to run off to work, can somebody direct Yak to the group/pword post? It's buried in the thread, and I won't be able to get online to do an invite 'til about Monday or Tuesday.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:49 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

League: DotNet South
Pword: southnet

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Better hurry up if you want to get a game in, Yak. I'm going to advance here in the next day or two.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:30 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Seriously... I need to get a new game in and put that Trav-esty behind me. Advance away fearless leader, advance away.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:20 pm 
* Gangnameister *

Sorry, Haven't been able to play my game vs. Detroit. had my folks staying with us from out of town, so I had a full time gig playing referee between my wife and mother. If I don't get er done tonight, just go ahead and sim the sumbitch.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:49 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

sammyc521 wrote:
Seriously... I need to get a new game in and put that Trav-esty behind me. Advance away fearless leader, advance away.

That's got to be some sort of comeback record, right?

Down 28-7 at the half. Coach Trav gots some halftime motivational skills.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:47 am 
* Gangnameister *

Finally managed to finish my game without my router shitting the bed. I really need to reconfigure my set up and hardwire my PS3.

I was so freaked out about dropping the connection again that I 'super-simmed' my defense to move it along faster. Turns out my CPU defense sucks the big one as they gave up like 31 points. Had to win it in a shoot-out 38-31.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

TravTex wrote:
sammyc521 wrote:

That's got to be some sort of comeback record, right?

Down 28-7 at the half. Coach Trav gots some halftime motivational skills.

Ugh... Got that stink off by absolutely destroying the Peyton-less Colts. 45-21 Titans (6-1 overall)

Stats
Locker 17/24 287 Yards 4 TDs 1 INT
CJ2K 32 Att 177 Yards 2 TDs 3 Rec 35 Yards
Britt 8 Rec 178 Yards 3 TDs

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:22 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Encouraged by the 35-point second half comeback against the Sammitans, Houston came out and trampled all over the Jaguars. 38-23 Texans (5-3)

Schaub had a ridiculous first half, going 12 for 13 for 140 yards and 3 TDs to go up 28-7 early. He reverted to throwing a couple pics in the second half, but still ended up with a respectable performance.

The Jaguars run defense made Ward look like an All-Pro. 22 carries, 219 yards, 2 TDs. He and Owen Daniels carried the day, with Daniels picking up 7 catches for 83 yards and 2 TDs.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:12 am 
* Gangnameister *

D'oh! Bye week...... :(

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:41 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Did Yak bail? Frick Trav and his Jags or Colts idiocy?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 pm 
* NET Draft Guru *

Eeked out a close win against the Vikings, 14-10. Cam Newton continued to show that he can't play worth crap in the rain, which seems to define my most recent games. Luckily. DeAngelo Williams had another huge game and ran for 160 yards on just 19 carries. However it was Jonathan Stewart who, by pure luck (*I* could've gotten 10 yards on the play, Stewart wasn't touched), managed to score a 40 yard touchdown in the 4th quarter. The defense played very well, little Bruce Johnson (5'11 185lbs or maybe 178) made several tackles of AP that were either for loss, no gain, or shy of the first down on 3rd/4th down. Stroud had a huge game, only one sack but he was the first guy to beat his man every time.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:17 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Halfway into the season, looking at the Travtexans...

5-3, and with the Titans sitting on top of the division, going to be scraping for a Wildcard at best. Looks like that Week 17 rematch against Tenn is be a Game of Import.

WTF Player of the Year So Far: Connor Barwin, giant monster OLB. Dude's a 72 or 73 overall, and has 6 sacks. 6'4"/260. Obliterating QBs.

Disappointments: Schaub. Way too many picks. But, that's just the nature of the game. Noticing that with the league stats. The human players are leading the league in rushing yards and interceptions. Human players' defenders apparently suck at tackling, too.

Also, Foster. Not really his fault, though. Injury.

Best free agent pickups: Giant Tongan, Ma'ake Kemoeatu. Not great stats, but causes some disruption up the middle, enabling Houston's froth of pass rushers to get at the QB. Also, Matt Dodge has a beast leg.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:29 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

Advanced.

Travtexans win again, getting back into relevance with a win over the 5-2 Browns to go to 6-3 on the season. Talk about your ass-ugly games, though. Texans remained dominant throughout, but Schaub pulled another stupid and threw 3 interceptions. Schaub is leading the league in interceptions, as well as the ability to inspire linebackers to develop the powers of flight and teleportation. My problem feeds directly into Madden's problem. Madden has uber alert and athletic linebackers, and I LOVE to dump the ball over the middle to crossing routes. The result is inevitable.

Anyway, Ward put up another 90-some yard day and the good guys win 10-3 at home against a wildly inefficient and amazingly ugly Madden McCoy.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:05 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

Just played the ugliest game of Madden in the rain... I won but only because the Madden-gawds felt really bad for me. Witherspoon runs a Cedric Benson fumble 99 yards but there's a flag on the ground. I'm pretty sure it's a holding call against them but you never know... Game was played in the rain and I couldn't complete a pass to save my life except to the opposing defense. Locker is a rookie that can't play in rain and CJ2K is awesome.

Half way through the season the the Titans sit at 7-1 with their one blemish against the mighty TravTexans.

With less than half of Hass's snaps under center, Locker has almost as many yards, more TD and less INTs.

On the year:
Hass 849 Yards 7 TD 14 INTs
Locker 794 yards 9 TD 9 INTs

CJ2K 231 Att 1462 Yards 9 TDs 24 Rec 262 Yards 2 TD

Kenny Britt 28 Rec 472 Yards 8 TD (1 Rushing TD)

Dave Ball and Will Witherspoon with 7 Sacks each

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » THE NET NATION LOUNGE » [ FANTASY ISLAND ]