Madden 12 PS3 Community

TestMo1337

Reaction score
That was awesome. Love that our Madden community is still alilve on the PS3 while the Xbox community seems to have died off.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Picked up Marcus Stroud. I have no idea who's turn it is but I figure this week has been active long enough that if you wanted him, you already had your chance.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for being so cool about it. Sno. Get your headset cued up next time so we can chit chat!

I think the folks at EA need to realize that a big part of their target demo are Dads now and sometimes kids wake up screaming for no reason and Dad's need more than whatever piddly amount of time they allow for in a pause to take care of baby bidness.

Maybe the years of having my ass beaten into the ground by my brother the video game tester and years of losing on-line games becasue I refuse to use any team other than the Seahawks (who have been abysmal in Madden) has caused me to have an inferiority complex of some sort. Thanks for the compliment on my game. You were much better than a shit player too. You made Gonzalles a bit of a non factor.
;)

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Dear God, I need to make some moves for my defense, but I have no idea how to get what I need without much in trade-able assets other than Stewart. Oh well.

The Canadian Falcons (surprisingly fierce name for something that starts with Canadian) and the Snohomie Panthers faced off for the second time last night. The Falcons jumped to an early 21-7 lead, as Michael Turner ran roughshod over the B#(@& A$*F$@)s that make up the Panthers defense. Matt Ryan started hot and stayed hot, and even when I focused my defense on stopping Turner we... well, didn't. I know at one point he was averaging nearly 10 yards a carry, though I think that fell. By the 2nd quarter, I was looking for a "forfeit" button. "Jackass" was replaced by "Worthless (rooster) (slang for lollipop)" this game. I didn't force a punt until the 3rd quarter. The Falcons OL ate up a DL who's lightest player was 280lbs.

Then, something weird happened. The Panthers offense, which had struggled in the previous matchup and was going pass heavy (latency issues really eff up my inside running game), started making big plays DeAngelo Williams streaked untouched for a TD. Steve Smith caught a curl, broke a tackle, and beat everyone to the endzone. DeAngelo Williams had another TD, going the opposite direction. Cam Newton, who has really lost his deep touch, started hitting key 3rd downs. Newton did run for several first downs as well, and his only pick was a late-in-the-game downfield gamble that was as good as a punt.

As the fourth quarter started, the Panthers were down 31-21 (or maybe that was late third). I managed to bring us within 3, and then take a four point lead (34-30?) with 5 minutes remaining. Or just enough time for CAN to march down the field. Only something weird happened. My defense recognized that they could play better football if their heads were not firmly planted in their behinds. A key 3rd-and-short stop of Turner led to a crucial 4th down with about 2 minutes remaining. Turner was made for these moments. But, somehow, my little secondary gang-tackled Turner right at the first down line. Turner had made it, surely. But wait, the refs ruled that Turner was stopped what must've been a fraction of an inch from the line, it was Panther's ball! A few good runs and the game was over, the Panthers somehow remained undefeated... just barely.

Great game CAN. It's a good thing I don't own headphones, I'm not sure that what I was saying (until the last 2 minutes or so) would've flown in the SHACK.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'm still upset about that 4th and short. Looked to me like he made it. if it wasn't inside of 2:00 minutes I would have challenged that shit!

And you forgot to mention Julio Jones and his 12 receptions for a gazillion yards. He was a beast! When next we meet I'll have Roddy white and John Abraham back. Then you shall experience the full power of the dark side! (hey, maybe I'll wear by black unis for the occasion!)

Another great game. It was too tall an order to beat the Snohomie Panthers twice I reckon. Though I have to cop to being partially my own worst enemy. I'm not used to the 10 minute quarters; I got soft in the head after a while and thought I was playing tecmo bowl. 4 verts long bombs every down. WTF was I thinking.....? Gotsta learn to play with the lead and eat clock like skittles.

Thanks again for the game.

hey, did you notice my brain fart where I thought the end of the 1st quarter was the end of the first half? lol.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I have decided that my heartbreaking loss to the Snonthers can be attributed 100% to my lack of a starting quality RG. Just noticed my back up centre is my starting right guard (and it's not due to injury). As such, I have made my first free agent claim and grabbed Leonard Davis to be my road grading RG beside Tyson Clabo.

Any objections?

TravTex

Reaction score
None here.

Got a game with the Titans coming up. I'm working tonight and tomorrow night, Thursday or Friday should be open late-ish. I'm usually getting to be available by nine or so, Seattle time.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Trav, sounds like a date. I'm free any time after 830 PST. Let me know which day works best for you.

Prepare to be Locker'd! (by being Locker'd it means that you sucumb to his greatest even though he's very rough by will have captured the heart and souls of many followers.)

TravTex

Reaction score
I'm thinking Thursday around 9 or 930 PST might work best. Locker could go either way against the Texans young defense. We've been pretty good at getting after the QB, but flushing out Locker is NOT going to help us all that much as there are definite problems in pursuit/tackling. Houston needs help at safety something desperate, so they have problems both in run support and the deep ball (Whenever a QB decides they feel like challenging JJ.

The offense has been underperforming terribly, but there's been an annoying tendency for Andre Johnson to keel over for most of the game with injury, making us pretty one dimensional. Flaming thumbtacks are certainly the favorites in this one.

Add: Hell, 'One Dimensional' is probably overstating the issue. With Foster out for at least a month, we're trending toward zero dimensional.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Well, I've been getting killed by long-bombs so there's always a chance.

Depending on how the ThNF game goes, the start time might be pushed back, that okay?

Spounge84

Reaction score
I had something really weird happen to me like 2 or 3 times while I was trying to play my game against the Bears. I'd pause the game and get stuck. I could move around in the pause menu (look up the stats view the instant replay, or even exit the game), but when I hit 'Resume Game' the pause menu would disappear and pop right back up again. Like I said it happened to me like 2 or 3 times, and I had to restart the game each time. Has anyone ever had that happen to them?

I did manage to complete the game though. Freeman had another bad performance (4 ints!), but Blount set a new NFL record with 308 rushing yards (including one that went for 90+ yards). The defense kept the Bears out of the end zone and the Bucs beat the Bears 24-6.

CANHawk

Reaction score
^I don't know about your pause menu troubles, but I tried to play my game vs. Detroit 4 times today and dropped my internet connection each time.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Your internet is crap, CAN. At least, I think so. I played Sammy once and things seemed to go well, and both times I played you there was a framerate issue. I thought BC was all hi-tech?

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I struggle hardcore aiming them.

I am pretty good at hitting 98-100% on my kicks, and I'm usually hitting the little accuracy thing... but I suck at aiming them before the kick (and I mean REAAAAAALLY suck), and even 100% sends the ball ~ 40 yards with our sliders. UGGGGH.

BTW, fair warning to all - I'm grabbing a FA when I get home tomorrow. I don't know who, but I'm not going to wait. So make your moves now or hold your peace. Downside to the Panthers is that my team has more holes than a Krispy Kreme.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
So after making Trav wait who knows how long... I finally get online and accept the Texans vs Titans matchup.

I probably played the greatest first QTR i've every played at the expense of the Texans and Trav... CJ2K churning 1st down after 1st down and then I go up-top and hit Kenny Britt for the long TD. I force a 3-and-out and get the ball back and hit Britt on a go-route for a TD when Trav plays bump coverage. On Trav's next possession I get a pick-6.

We then trade some punts back and forth and then Trav cuts me deep... he takes Locker's first INT for a pick-6 it's a game now at 21-7 Titans. Trav gets the ball again after my offense stalls on a 3rd and short. And the Texans start driving and picking me apart. I get a free blitzer and wallops Schaub and he throws up a duck in the redzone that I pick off. With time winding down I play conservative until I convert a 1st down with less than a minute left in the 1st half. After getting two long passes I sit on about the 30-yard line and call a hurry-up play and hit my streaking TE for a TD with 12 seconds in the half. Half-time comes with the score 28-7 Titans.

On the opening drive in the 3rd, Trav's Texans churn yard after yard and march down the field. On 3rd and 10 on the 35, Trav hits Daniels for the 1st down and more, he waltz in for the TD. Trav eats up just under 4 minutes in the opening part of the 3rd QTR.

I am hitting play after play and marching with CJ2K leading the way... until I hit my buttons too fast and give up an easy pick-6. 7-point game now... After I get a 1st down on a Roughing the Pass call (which I didn't even see), I give up a penalty myself on a holding call. 1st and 20 from my own 25 and I hit Washington on a out-route with nothing but grass in front of him. 35-21 Titans; Locker's 3rd TD of the night.

So again... Trav marches all over me to the 5-yard line and his WR drops an easy TD on 1st down... who redeems himself by catching it on 2nd down. 7-point game again. I try to march but Trav stalls me again. Instead of going for the 56-yard FG I punt to the 7-yard line. Two big passing plays to Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels puts the Texans at the 50-yard line. On 3rd and 3... I get a sack on a free blitzing OLB. 2-minute warning goes off and Trav opts for going for it on 4th down and hits Owen Daniels for a clutch 1st down. Texans hit the redzone with 3 TOs and 1:15 on the clock. Texans on the 1-yard line with 2 TOs and over a minute left seeking the tie... Up the gut to Ward for the tie.

1:04 on the clock and 2 TOs to the Titans name. And I give up a pick-6... 3rd one of the night on an out-route that does not go very out. On a streaking pass to CJ2k... it's intercepted and Locker has a Hasselbeck like game. Texans win 42-35.

Trav you played an excellent game. Great comeback by your team. Can't wait for our rematch in Week 17.

Stats:
Locker 15/25 339 Yards 4 TDs 4 INTs 3 returned for TDs
CJ2K 18 Att 122 Yards 0 TD
Kenny Britt 4 Rec 117 Yards 2 TDs

Schaub 24/36 302 Yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
Ward 16 Att 48 Yards 1 TD
A. Johnson 6 Rec 107 Yards 0 TD
O. Daniels 5 Rec 74 Yards 1 TD
J. Joseph and D. Manning with 2 INTs each

Latest posts