Madden 12 PS3 Community

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I think it's my turn since everyone skipped me, but I have no pressing FA needs. Might pick up a FA QB and trade Hass to start Locker.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble with the robot LB's. God am I tired of having LB's leap 10' in the air to bat down my bullet to the wide open seam route.

I don't even know enough about my team yet to know what I need. If the wife ever finishes watching the f'ing young and the restless I'll log in and check it out.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Bucs lose their first of the season on Monday night to the Colts, 30-21. Josh Freeman threw five (yes FIVE!) picks with the whole nation watching. Blount had a good game, and so did the defense but with the constant turnovers the Colts offense had good field position all night long.

I forgot to do my FA pickup for last week, so I picked up CB Joselio Hansen.

TravTex

Reaction score
Wish there were a simpler system to FA, but we'll stick with the round robin version with one pickup per week and hop that people who get skipped have the presence of mind to cry outrage.

CANHawk

Reaction score
ummm... outrage? :229031_shrug:

I dunno, did I miss my turn...?

Played my first game vs. none other than the Seahawks. That was kinda like punching your mother in the face. I beat the crap out of them, but I don't really feel good about it. Falcons mop the floor with the Hawks 50-something to 20-something... mainly because I wasn't paying attention on the opening kick off and let Justin Forsett run it back for a TD then again wasn't paying attention and trew a stupid marshmellow to the flat, which ET picked off for 6 (I was actually kinda proud of him). Matt Ryan and Roddy White both set NFL records for TD's with 7 and 6 respectively (Roddy White is really good). Michael Turner rushed for 100+. Ryan threw for 400+. Roddy caught for 200+

Good times.....

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Effing 49ers took Julian Peterson out from under my nose.

Bears proved to be a tough foe. Not tough enough to actually win, mind you, but I cussed out my PS3 a few times. Newton had 6 passes dropped, including at least 2 TDs, but finished 18/33 290ish 1td 1INT (Super-Urlacher). Williams continues to put up huge numbers, unfortunately for DeAngelo, his coach (me) gets pass-happy sometimes, so he only has like 60 carries all year (Stewart the TD vulture doesn't help either, though he was out this game). He had a decent game but I knew the Bears were going to be tough to run on, so I went pass-happy from the start. Ran better out of shotgun formations than power formations, which was just fine with me.

TravTex

Reaction score
Week Advanced.

If anyone wants to make their one non-User team trade, now's the time to propose it.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I had the Saints at home. Started out poorly and they jumped to a 20-10 lead at halftime. Then I found DeAngelo Williams and ran all over them. However, midway through the third quarter my internet gave out so I had to do it again.

The exact same thing happened. Fell behind then DeAngelo Williams came on strong. Only difference is that Mike Goodson vultured 2 TDs this time around.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I beat up on the Pack. 31-3 I think... can't remember. The win came at one heluva steep price though because I lost John Abraham for 10 weeks with a torn quad and Roddy White for 5 with a broken clavicle. And I have to take on the Snohomie Panthers next week. Julio Jones is as good as advertised, but he's a noticeable drop off from Roddy. I'm liking Harry Douglas... I just liked him better in the slot is all. Gonna have to learn to better utilize Tony Gonzales I reckon. I like my little 1-2 punch of Michael Turner and Jaquizz Rodgers. It's like Alstott and Dunn all over again...
:)

TravTex

Reaction score
Managed to beat the Raiders despite losing Schaub for half of the game. Leinart is atrocious... and left-handed, which is a bitch to adjust to. 24-13. They took out Schaub, we took out McFadden. Fair trade. Once again, our underrated defense just harassed the hell out of the QB.

Offense is underacheiving, defense is overacheiving. Par for the course for a Flatt team.

Edit: Had my acheivings backward. Rayduhs 0-5, btw. Har.

Edit 2: See how quick we can wrap up these CPU games soon, think there are a batch of user-user matchups next game week, as well as it being Trade Week (Though not looking like anyone's wanting to make a move?).

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Ready for my match-up against the Steelers in Pitt.

I start off hot by sacking Big Ben on two straight plays pinning them deep in their own five and then stuff Medenhall for a loss on 3rd and 26. After receiving the punt, on my second play I throw another INT... I rough up their line again and get a INT on a deep-route and quick get back. After a nice 1st down by CJ2K, they stuff my run and I'm faced with a 3rd and long... I hit the wrong button and throw to a guy in the flats instead of the one going for a 1st down. Titans Punt and pin them deep. And then my CB makes his 2nd INT of the day after my DT force Ben into a bad throw. Titans ball on the 16. I hit my TE for the TD but Polamalu bats it away... I have to settle for the FG.

Steelers march thanks to another botched play down field where I take control of my DB and he just stops. Steelers 7-3.

On the heels of CJ2K I march down the field (as always) and once I hit the redzone on a ball that was throw about 10 feet too high for my WR, it gets tipped and intercepted... again. At least it wasn't a LB. Forced the 3-and-out right at the 2-minute warning. So I get down to the 2-yard line... convert a 4th-and-1 and quickly call my last TO with 9 seconds left. Figure I get one shot in the endzone and if not I can kick the FG... unless I get sacked. Which I did.

Finally got some offense and drove down the field without CJ2K carrying the ball 8+ times. Still need help getting through this Pitt Secondary. Had to settle for another FG even though I was at their 5-yard line... again. At least I didn't turn it over or let the game clock expire. :) 7-6 Steelers lead.

Ugh... I want to fire Hasselbeck so bad... He's been high all day and it led to his 3rd INT of the day. That's it... executive decision. The Rookie is coming in. And I accidently burned a TO while navigating the menu... And the game-hate starts. So I've been containg their running game all day and then they decided to covert on a 3rd-and-14 by breaking 3 tackles. And they're knocking on the goalline now. Luckily, I hold them to a FG 10-6 Steelers.

And the move to Locker has made huge dividends and his rocket-arm is huge in making my throws compared to Hasselbeck's noodle-arm. TD JAKE LOCKER! He finds his TE streaking down the field in 1-on-1 coverage and makes the catch and holds on (not like before) and the Titans take the lead 13-10 with 2:47 left in the 4th QTR. INT Chris Hope. Titans Ball! CJ2K time! After they were able to stuff the run on 3 plays, I punt the ball deep inside their own 20. I burned up all but one of their TOs. The Steelers march down the field but only gain 30 yards but have only 20 seconds left at the 50-yard line with the clock running. Hailmary into the endzone falls harmlessly. Titans win; 13-10.

Hass 6/16 105 Yards 3 INTs
Locker 4/4 56 Yards 1 TD 0 INT
CJ2k 34 Att 144 Yards 2 Rec 11 Yards

Defense 8.0 Sacks 12 TFL 3 INTs Held Pitt to 2/10 for 3rd Down Conversion (all late) 93 Yards given up (44 Rushing/49 Passing).

Next week is a BYE for me then I face the TravTexans in Week 7.

Trav - Has trade week already passed? I'd like to trade away Hass for a new TE rated around the low-mid 80's.

TravTex

Reaction score
Sounds likely to pass on the surface, just depends on specifics (Also, Hass being old, might have to be the 'Right Fit' spot... Try a few options out in single player franchise and see what options you get offered for a baseline?)

TravTex

Reaction score
Arrrrrrrrgh.

Walked into Baltimore not knowing that the football gods had already decided that the Ravens would win and the Texans could just go right on and frick themselves.

Here's a list of the atrocities:

2 Interceptions. 1: Tipped ball. 2: Ray Lewis does a flying superman one-handed pick.
3 Fumbles. 1 for Arian Foster, 2 for Ward.
Injuries. In the first half, I lost my starting HB, #1 WR, TE, and CB. Foster's out another four weeks with an abdominal tear.
First half damage: 20-0 Ravens.

I got Daniels back in the middle of the 3rd, then got Johnson back toward the end of the fourth and put up a bit of a fight, but it was way too little, too late. 30-21 Ravens. Hard to get much going on that defense with your second fricking string offense.

I might be shopping for a halfback... or another WR. Keep losing Johnson to injury, and Walter's a good hands guy but just can't stretch the field. My other speedsters keep letting passes bounce off their hands, foreheads, asses, etc. Wonder what I can get for one of my D guys (Though, hate to break up the pass rush thing we've got going).

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I'm open to trading Stewart if he's your kind of back. Not rushing to do so, but if you're interested I'll entertain offers.

Can - I have to leave eaaarly Sunday for Wichita, Kansas and I'm leaning towards not taking my PS3, so when are you available this week? I am iffy for tonight and tomorrow night (I'll be free by 8pst tomorrow night), but I can leave open any time Friday or Saturday.

TravTex

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think the gap between Ward and anyone I could easily trade for is worth it for someone who's going to be a glorified backup when Foster comes back from the injury. The TravTexans' season hopes are circling the drain.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Snohomie":30jihz8h said:
I'm open to trading Stewart if he's your kind of back. Not rushing to do so, but if you're interested I'll entertain offers.

Can - I have to leave eaaarly Sunday for Wichita, Kansas and I'm leaning towards not taking my PS3, so when are you available this week? I am iffy for tonight and tomorrow night (I'll be free by 8pst tomorrow night), but I can leave open any time Friday or Saturday.

My Madden time hinges around what time the wifey and baby are in bed. After 10:30pm - 11:00ish has been my usual Madden time these days. Saturday around 12:00pm to 1:00ish will work this weekend as the Mrs. is working and Jr. takes a nap.

...Told y'all I'd be unreliable. ;)

TravTex

Reaction score
CANHawk":2kjo036o said:
Snohomie":2kjo036o said:

My Madden time hinges around what time the wifey and baby are in bed. After 10:30pm - 11:00ish has been my usual Madden time these days. Saturday around 12:00pm to 1:00ish will work this weekend as the Mrs. is working and Jr. takes a nap.

...Told y'all I'd be unreliable. ;)

No more than me, and these goobers put me in charge!

CANHawk

Reaction score
GAT DAMN SHIT ASS @#$! CRAP BUTT @#$! FART DING DONG @@#$@! CRAPALAPPA FRAKKING FART!!!
:smilie=angry016.gif: :cussing: :waah:

So I'm playing the Undefeated Snohomie Panthers last night in an epic back anf forth battle. I get the ball in the 4th quarter up 17-14 on what... my 30 maybe... with 4:00 minutes left. I'm walking it up the field, eating clock like it's made out of french fries. Michael Turner is a 1st down machine. I march it down to his 3 yard line with about a 1:00 on the clock. A TD here puts the game completely out of reach. So I dial up my play, line up for the coffin nail score and...............

...baby monitor...

CANHawk Jr. is starting to sob. From past experience I know that if I can get to him in time that I can get him back down with very little struggle so I hit pause and race up the stairs. - At this point I need to mention that Mrs. CANHawk was scheduled to travel for work this morning and needed to be up and out of the house for the airport at 5:00am, so there was no chance at any help there for sake of a video game - He resists a little more than usual, perhaps the tension oozing out of me about not wanting to to leave Sno hanging and - perhaps more importantly - get that W was having an effect on him. But he goes down... eventually.

I race back down the stairs to find that the game had un-paused itself (It fricking does that!?) and I had taken 2 delay of game penalties. Great... so 2nd and goal at the 3 or whatever it was becomes 2nd and goal at the 13. Okay, I'm a grown up so I deal with it. I know I have to milk that clock so I dial up the iso dive out of the power I again. As the team is lining up.......

...baby monitor...

It's a little whimper again and there's maybe, what... 30 seconds on the clock? So I let it ride. I run the play, only half paying attention to what's going on - as the other half of my attention was on the sounds emminating from the baby monitor - I don't notice that Sno has loaded the box. I run for a gain of bupkis. Fine, whatevs. A nail in the coffin would have been awesome, but the field goal makes it TD or nuthin for Sno, so I hit the trey. Time to kick off, but...? you guessed it...

...baby monitor...

Only this time it isn't a little whimper. It's a full on whaaaa, followed by a thud, followed by a scream. Okay, I gotta go. NOW. So I hit pause and hope for the best. Race up stairs and find the kid has crawled over the guard rail on his Thomas the Tank bed and did a face plant - Mrs. CANHawk continues to sleep through it in the next room - and he's bawling his face off.

Fine. You win "responsability". I'll be a good dad and figure out what's wrong with Jr. Turns out he had over-pissed his diaper and it wa leaking onto his PJ's. The kid had only gone to bet 2 hours before, so where the hell all that whiz came from I do not know. I change his diaper at break neck speed, change his PJ's and get him back to sleep.

So I race back to the game. I guess I did get the kickoff off before hitting pause (which it had unpaused itself again... @#$!) because I come back and find the game in progress. I guess the computer just was picking default defenses and defensive assistant was controling my guy because when I get back, I'm on offense with the option to take a knee. By the time I walk (jog/skip or otherwise hussle) from my kitchen entrance, through my kitchen and to the couch in the family room to pick up the controler.... a dialogue pops up on the screen saying I have been removed from the game due to inactivity.

I guess Sno had thrown a pick against the CPU defense (?? I dunno, wasn't there to see it) and ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAKE A KNEE to seal the win and the gat damn thing punted me for inactivity.

I am so incredibly pissed off at that set of circumstances!!! If it had happened in the first half, it would have been an 'oh well' moment, but for it to happen within SECONDS of a victory is stroke inducing!

So... Mr. Snohomie... that was an awesome game. Extremely competitive, great fun. If you're wondering just WTF happened to CANHawk... that's my story. So I guess we have to play that game again? it doesn't look like it made me lose by default, just rendered the game null and void. Too bad too cuz Julio Jones was having a career day; like 9 catched for 150 or something?

I look forward to a second attempt at this game. My apologies for bailing on you. It's really out of charachter for the kid to wake up that early in the evening, if it was after 1:00am I almost would have expected it, but 11:30 is unheard of for him.

Let me know when a good time for a second attempt would be and again, I totally apologize for flaking out.

Cheers.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
So THAT'S what happened! I was wondering why the time outs kept coming. I was having a lot of latency issues (I am an awful FG kicker, but normally I don't boot kickoffs to the sidelines) and figured you must be fighting your internet as well.

I was wondering if you were just getting bored after whooping me or what. It was an epic match, I'm pretty sure I'll get a noise complaint from my neighbors because I had some very descriptive words for Cam Newton after he threw that last pick (to a very open target. Newton threw it behind the receiver and into the defender. I mean, the defender was just protecting his face from the ball. "Jackass" was the word of the night. And your offense was brutal, I played an offline game after yours and really took my anger out on Turner for all those first downs he ran for when we played. He had like 10 carries for -5 yards.

The game gave me the option to win (this is AFTER I send "GG" to Can) or to restart. If I could've taken the loss I would've. I guess you'll need to try your luck again sometime today or tomorrow. I'll be out a little today but I imagine I will be available most of the day today or tomorrow. Basically, I can work around little CANHawk's schedule.

NOTICE: DO NOT BELIEVE CANHawk! I have played Madden long enough to know that I am not a shit player. Despite his humility, CANHawk DOES NOT SUCK! It's all a ploy!