Star Wars - The Old Republic - NDA Lifted!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Just got done with my second weekend beta invite; all the first-timers were re-invited to the second one because the first had a number of game-breaking issues.

Damn, this game is freaking amazing. Wish I could share details on here, but I can't. All I'll say is pre-order it now, and we're more likely to win 16 Super Bowls in a row than you are to regret making that pre-order. Just sayin'.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The NDA you agree to when you accept the beta invitation in your email is DRACONIAN. Absolutely brutal. Look at it wrong and they'll steal your firstborn - section three, article two. ;) Why do you think there is like, no leaked info anywhere on the web? They banned one guy because he logged into his beta account from work, and from home, lol.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Do they track your username, email and all alternate handles? Sounds pretty hardcore.

Had two friends play over the weekend but they said they were having connection issues on Friday when everyone was trying to log on. One of them also d/l'ed the wrong beta client and had to start all over.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There is no way to download the wrong beta client unless someone from the previous beta weekend shared their download link with you which is a forbidden NDA violation, or you clicked the link to download it in the original email, which the new one specifically said not to do. They also stated flat-out that this was a completely new build and that you must uninstall the prior one if you were in the first weekend beta, and download the new one. This isn't the shack/PWR, so I won't denigrate your friend that downloaded the old client here, but...yeah. ;) Tell him to RTFM, haha.

Nobody knows for sure what they track, but it's obviously a LOT. They do not want the general public knowing anything they don't specifically release.

Also...they are really holding back on taking good screenshots. 99% of the screenshots on the www.swtor.com official site are mundane compared to what they could take in the game, right now. They're clearly holding back to release better stuff closer to launch, or just holding back period to let there be more surprises for purchasers of the game; don't know.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I got an invite too for this wknd, already dld and ready to go at 3!!(well gotta run to store for a sixer of the hop czar....) My friend in SF also got one. We'll be rolling a BH and IA so we can start on the same planet.
My user name will be "FAARCorbantis" hit me up in a tell if you feel like it..I'll PM the server I'm on at 3.

-SH

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Good news to those that haven't gotten into beta, yet. You will.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111111-0

^ Confirmation that anyone who signed up for beta access before today will get into one before the game launches. Sweetness.

@Smokey: I really like Hutta, the starter planet for Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters. It's better than Korriban, IMO. Granted, they didn't have much artistic license with Korriban; they had to follow the lore and it's pretty detailed in books and such.

Make sure you guys level to 16-17, high enough to get your ships.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
Donk70":3dbnvyp6 said:
Can't log in till 6pm CT

Not sure if you meant -you- can't or not; but it's 5pm cst and I'm pst, that's why I said 3. Bout to log in, I'll let you know what server I'm on.

-SH

Galen96

Reaction score
likewise... Anyone else absolutely annoyed with the "closed beta veteran" attitude on the forums?

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
i went shicha with buddy from SF if anyone cares.

-SH

edit: hmm, was able to create char on server; but having issues getting in game...my graphics card is subpar but think it has more to do with server loads and stuff...good luck all.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Disable shadows, turn off windowed mode, make sure exclusive full screen mode is on, tweak other graphics settings. They have optimized it quite a bit this build, it plays decently. Shadows make a retarded difference, though.

Ctrl-Shift-F to get in-game FPS meter.

Galen96

Reaction score
yeah, I had done all that prior to posting. I think my HD is going bad... I meet all the min requirements plus some... so either my RAM is on the edge, or my HD is about to crap out.

Galen96

Reaction score
despite the absolutely horrid FPS, I managed to get to level 9 before I CTD'ed this morning... what should have taken a max of 2 hours took nearly 15.... brutal.

six sigma

Reaction score
Damnit, I can't even play. Finally got into a server with no wait, rolled up a smuggler to play, and it froze on the loading screen. Guess that's why they beta test. :|

Galen96

Reaction score
unplug your computer from your router after you click play at the launcher. plug it back in after the blank server screen loads. Should fix your problem.

Six, do I know ya? Longview huh?

Latest posts