Madden 12 PS3 Community

TestMo1337

Reaction score
FA Pick-up for the Week: WR Antwan Randle El

Started strong and Hass (I) haven't thrown a single pick through 1 qtr... a huge leap for me. CJ2K is turning in 1st down after 1st down against a stout Baltimore defense. Early in the first qtr in no-mans-land I decide to go for it on 4th and 7 instead of a 54-yard FG and find a streaking TE over the top of Ray Lewis.

Hass to Britt has finally caught on as he's got 3 Recs and a 1 TD in the first half and CJ2K an gotten in the scoring as well. Randle El has already converted a few 3rd down catches out of the slot. So far, Baltimore hasn't been able to do anything as Flacco has been contained so far and Rice isn't getting any touches. Until they go to the hurry-up and pick me apart on 3 plays to Ray Rice for the TD over the top... I get the ball with over 2 minutes left in the 2nd qtr only to go 3-and-out. They march down the field and once they hit the redzone I get a beautiful pick in the endzone. Only for Hass to throw his 1st pick on a one-handed interception by a leaping LB out of nowhere... If I could challenge it based on "bullshit" I would. And then the Game-Hate turns in my favor... Safety plays the soft-zone in the flats; Pick 6 Titans! Halftime Score; 28-7 Titans.

After forcing a punt... the Game-Hate switches sides and Ed Reed picks me off on a tipped ball deep in my own territory. Luckily, I hold them to a FG. After taking the kick-off, I march down the field but take a huge sack mid-field. On 3rd and 9, I call a screen-play to CJ2K and he takes it to the house after spinning out Ed Reed and side-stepping some schlumb for the TD. More Game-Hate... in my favor. Force a fumble on the 2nd down and returned it for a TD. No flags, no challenges, no fight; 42-10 before the 4th qtr. Flacco also throws directly to my LB for another quick turnover. I can only convert it into a FG though.

Ray Rice finally breaks a run longer than 2-yards; but it's not enough even though it's a TD. Even though I'm up four scores... the game decides it's not fun if it's not close and CJ2K has his first fumble of the season. I challenge but the ruling is upheld. I hold them to FG; which they can't convert.

Titans win; 48-17.

Hass 18/32 242 Yards 2 TDs 2 Ints
CJ2K 31 Att 161 Yards 2 TDs 3 Recs 54 Yards 1 TD

TravTex

Reaction score
My FA pick is going to be a punter, I just don't know which one yet. So, Spou and Snoho feel free to move on to your FA turn and grab a dude. Just let me know in the unlikely chance that it's going to be a punter.

In Other News: I'm going to open up CPU trading for one week in week 6. Trades need to be approved by a majority, so if you have something in mind feel free to throw it out here any time so we can finish arguing about it by Wk6.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I was thinking. For trades, why not require that the proposer test it in offline mode? That an a "don't be ridiculous" should suffice (cause I'm sure it can be abused), because OFFLINE AI trade logic got a boost this year add (theoretically, at least. I don't normally trade a whole lot but I normally do a ton of FA) shouldn't suck.

TravTex

Reaction score
Snohomie":30ad0a7r said:
I was thinking. For trades, why not require that the proposer test it in offline mode? That an a "don't be ridiculous" should suffice (cause I'm sure it can be abused), because OFFLINE AI trade logic got a boost this year add (theoretically, at least. I don't normally trade a whole lot but I normally do a ton of FA) shouldn't suck.

Good idea, though I'm hoping for a long-term... Might fall apart a couple seasons down the road once somebody wants to trade a drafted player. Definitely works for this season.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
EF! I stomped the Packers 31-7. While I was checking my stats, I lost the internet connection and the game never existed?? *nerdrage*

Spounge84

Reaction score
Turns out picking up Lofa was a great idea. He had 9 tackles, 1 sack, an interception returned for a TD (first points of the game) and was the player of the game. The sack came late in the 4th and originally a fumble was called which Gerald McCoy returned for a TD. The fumble was reviewed and overturned, but it was still a sack and left the Viqueens in a 3rd & 17 deep in their own territory with less than 2 minutes left. This game turned out to be a big defensive battle, both teams had trouble moving the ball all game long. Freeman had a bad game, going 7 for 20 with a pick (those 7 completions went to only 3 guys). Blount had a good game with 118 yards on 22 carries.

I've signed SS Chinedum Ndukwe (sp?). The only TD I gave up was on a deep pass to the corner of the endzone. My back up SS (who was starting in the game due to Jones' injury) was in position but let the TE get the ball anyway (wonder if he learned how to play from Kelly Jennings).

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sammy says I need to sign up for this. So what do I do...?

I warn you though, I really suck, am unreliable for games and if I suddenly start slaughtering everyone, it means I've outsourced my games to my brother the EA game tester :)

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Post your PSN name and Trav can send you an invite or you just search for our community.

You need to choose a team outside of the AFC/NFC South. We'd like it if you choose a team that played one of those conferences because we are playing each other.

CANHawk

Reaction score
sammyc521":14hsksh5 said:
Post your PSN name and Trav can send you an invite or you just search for our community.

You need to choose a team outside of the AFC/NFC South. We'd like it if you choose a team that played one of those conferences because we are playing each other.

I tried searching for the community but couldn't find it. What is the name exactly..?

Barring that, my PSN ID is Kickboxer79

TravTex

Reaction score
League: DotNet South
Pword: southnet

Invite sent, as well. NFC/AFC south teams only. FA rules = 1 acquisition per week, rotating. Current order is Sammy, Me, Spounge, Snoho, (You). I'm not sure who's turn it is at the moment. Last pickup I saw was Spounges, so I think Kyle has the bid.

Week is advanced. Just finished one of the stupidest games I've played. Lost to the Saints in Nawlins... 11-2. Yeah, 11 to 2.

Johnson was knocked out of the game in the first quarter, and it seems the Texans -aren't- quite sure what to do in that situation. Walter and Daniels can't beat you deep. Jones was dropping everything that hit him in the hands, and the Saints front four kept the running game from getting out of hand. Just couldn't string a drive together.

Sacked Brees five or six times, once in the end zone. They added on a couple field goals to their own safety and the crowd went home thinking, 'That was completely retarded.'

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I thought we wanted 2 teams in each Division... if that's not the case then please disregard this message.

Checked the FA Tracker and it's my turn: CB Randall Gay

Game 3 vs the Denver Broncos (Orton is leading the team and not Tebow). After two big plays, the Broncos get into the Redzone and get first blood with a TE TD on 3rd down.

I march down the field after converted a 4th and inches at the 35-yard line and find Kenny Britt for the 2-yard TD after CJ2K churns yard after yard down the field. Collinsworth is just dogging Hass all day long saying how he's so inaccurate... hard to argue with me at the helm. We pretty much split TOP in the 1st qtr and I force a 3-and-out starting the 2nd qtr only to throw my league leading 6th INT of the year to Champ Bailey. Finally got some pressure on Orton forcing a bad throw for my LB to pick off. CJ2K with the 20-yard TD. Also lost my 4th WR/KR/PR to a broken collar bone. No clue how long he'll be out. And then on a bomb down the sidelines... Orton find Brandon Lloyd for the long TD... and I'm hating life. Tie game with 3:37 left in the 2nd. I march down the field with a great drive eating up second after second. I get into the redzone and CJ2K drops the TD at the 1-yard line with 9 seconds left on 3rd down. So with 4th and 1 on the 9-yard line I opt for the FG; Titans 17-14 at the half.

I start the 3rd qtr pretty weak after a few 1st downs and get stonewalled. I punt to their 24 and on the next play I get a user pick with Cort Finnegan. Titans march! Unfortunately, they don't go anywhere... So kick the 54yrd FG or go for 4th and 7? So I go for it and rush the play because I wasted too much time decided and I don't convert... My bad. Another user pick and I'm on my way... to another Hass INT right after Collinsworth says I have no accuracy. I can't argue.

So the 3rd qtr ends with pretty much nothing happening at all. I start the 4th qtr by getting sacked 3-plays in a row. After a big run by Moreno, the Broncos are knocking on the door and MaGahee punches it in for the lead; 21-17 Broncos. I respond by scoring too quickly; 24-21 Titans with 2:49 in the 4th qtr... Let's see if I can play defense. Broncos goes 3-and-out when Finnegan should have picked off his 2nd throw... I get the ball back as the 2-minute warning goes off. Time to kill some clock. Clock killed, strung up the neck by CJ2K who goes the length of the field for the TD; 31-21 Titans with 27 seconds left in the 4th. 2 sacks later, Game Over.

Titans win.

Hass 12/26 139 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
CJ2K 37 Att 279 yards 2 TDs
Britt 3 Recs 18 yards 2 TDs

TravTex

Reaction score
I thought we wanted 2 teams in each Division...if that's not the case then please disregard this message.

If you have two people to try and open up a new division, I might be good with it. I'd rather try to fill the existing playable divisions. Bringing in one person into another division just has said lone dude hanging out by himself in X division. The league is capped at 8 people for this purpose (AFC/NFC South)

After that 11-2 performance, I'm thinking the Texans are going 'Suck for... Whomever is in the draft'.

Though early games against the Colts/Saints doesn't generally boost one's confidence.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
BTW, for week 2 I picked up DT Clifton Ryan. Forgot to post that.

I'm a zombie after another supermeeting, but I'll try to play tomorrow.

Spounge84

Reaction score
I thought last week was an ugly win, but this one tops it. My second drive was one of only two that I really managed to move the ball well on, throwing a TD pass to Kellen Winslow Jr. After that I turned the ball over 3 of the next four drives, two Josh Freeman interceptions and a Blount fumble. In between, the Falcons actually managed to get a good drive going, but shot themselves in the foot when they had a TD run called back by a holding penalty then had a 44 yard FG attempt turn into a 49 yard FG attempt (which they missed) due to a false start. They did manage to score a FG near the end of the half and another one in the 3rd. I managed to get another TD pass to Winslow, but in the end it came down to the final drive by Atlanta, they needed a TD and a 2-pt conversion to tie and the Defense managed to hold them off. 14-6 Bucs, like I said; ugly win, but still a win.

TravTex

Reaction score
CANHawk":kfipcuxl said:
Seriously.... nobody picked Atlanta yet? mmmm'kay. Matty Ice in the hizzy then. :)

It's about the challenge, bro. Could I have lost 11-2 playing -Atlanta-?

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
So THAT was interesting.

Cam Newton, who has started hot in the past, was ice cold. Overthrew a key 3rd down comeback route to start the half, then misfired on a slant for a pick (that one was me), then later threw another pick to the same LB (Posluzny) but that time just pissed me off as the LB made a leaping 1-handed catch on a pass he had no business being around (EA, I'd spend 60 bucks for a version of the game that didn't have super-athlete-LBs. FIX THIS ALREADY!!). Missed Gettis on a wide open deep pass, and LaFell streaking wide open on a deep post for a sure TD. One of those days where the game decides to make things go wrong. Luckily, the running game was unstoppable again. DeAngelo Williams is absolutely money, and Stewart is the best short-yardage RB in the league. Williams finished with 4 TDs, I believe. Newton did connect on a short TD with Steve Smith early, ran very effectively (though sparingly), and (outside of that stupid LB, who finished with 3 picks once I started simulating with a huge lead).

Defensively, for the first time in forever I had issues stopping the run, but Blaine Gabbert was feeling pressure all game and couldn't get much going through the air. It was really a battle of the RBs, and even though MJD had one hell of a game, Williams got the win.

Funny for the day: LB Thomas Davis blew up a scrambling Blaine Gabbert, forcing a fumble. Of course, Gabbert recovered just fine, and Davis had to leave the game with an injury. Derp.

TravTex

Reaction score
Week Advanced.

I've lost track of who's turn it is on FA signings. Anyone? Only a couple weeks left for a CPU trade. Gotta propose it and have it voted in before week 6 ends before I allow it.

Texans beat the Steelers in a rough, ugly, punch-in-the-face game. Big Ben is sacked five times. Could've gotten ugly, but Schaub threw a couple pics. He's ugly with the turnovers so far. 3 TD/ 10 INT, I think. Foster almost gets 100 yards. Who's That Barwin gets his fifth sack.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Did not pick up an FA this week... probably could have.

Week 4 @ the Browns.

And I'm really tempted to just bench Hass... he's okay but under my control and these super-LBs it just does not bode well for me. His noodle-arm is not helping me either as I cannot complete a pass over 20 yards and if it's under there's a great chance that it'll be intercepted.

On to the game:

I dominated the Browns from start to finish. Got a shut-out 24-0. Almost had more rushing yard (250) then their total yards (281).

CJ2K is making a strong case for MVP: 28 Att 243 Yards 2 TDs 5 Rec 56 Yards 1 TD
Hass is terrible under my control, it's very Seahawk-like: 15/36 191 Yards 1 TD 4 INTs

Latest posts