Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I got it today, and it is AWESOME!!!! Great playability, Breathtaking graphics, and just intense gameplay! This, for me, is the greatest game I have ever played. Bulletstorm was my last favorite, but this one blows that out of the water! This is why I bought my Alienware M18x gaming laptop. Right now I've got it hooked up to my Panasonic 65" 3D Plasma with a 25' HDMI cable, and it looks incredible! It's so realistic! I give it 10 out of 10, though I haven't played Battlefield 3 yet. I heard that's pretty awesome too. Anybody made the comparison yet?

taz291819

Reaction score
I've never played a single CoD game, but will be picking this one up when I get tired of BF3. Having a blast playing that game right now.

Question about CoD, do you get to fly choppers and jets like you can in the BF series?

Throwdown

Reaction score
I just got it. I love it.

no, no vehicles in COD, its all you on the ground. really no strategic stuff, mostly its all about running around and shooting. pretty chaotic.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Well, I'm not that far into it yet, but I piloted a marine zodiac through exploding warships after I infiltrated a sub and redirected the missiles to blow up its own ships, then drove it right into the back of a Chinook helicoptor. That was pretty cool. And I controlled a predator drone to blow up some dudes on the roof of a skyscraper. So there is some vehicle action so far. I'm doing single-player campaign, so maybe that's the difference. And chaotic is a good word for the action on the ground. I have to pause the game occasionally to take a breather!

Spounge84

Reaction score
BlueThunder":lycmdvc1 said:
Well, I'm not that far into it yet, but I piloted a marine zodiac through exploding warships after I infiltrated a sub and redirected the missiles to blow up its own ships, then drove it right into the back of a Chinook helicoptor. That was pretty cool. And I controlled a predator drone to blow up some dudes on the roof of a skyscraper. So there is some vehicle action so far. I'm doing single-player campaign, so maybe that's the difference. And chaotic is a good word for the action on the ground. I have to pause the game occasionally to take a breather!

Thing is though, that's all part of the scripted single player campaign. In BF3 driving/flying a vehicle means you actually drive/fly it.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Spounge84":2hwjljwn said:
Thing is though, that's all part of the scripted single player campaign. In BF3 driving/flying a vehicle means you actually drive/fly it.

Yeah, I probably need to get BF3. My buddy, who is a far superior player than me, raves about it. It's just that he said it was very challenging for him, so I'm afraid it will be another game that I find too difficult, and shelve it forever (I've got quite a few of those). I'm 50, so my reflexes aren't what they used to be. I find MW3 very playable and enjoyable, like Bulletstorm is. I've spent most of the last 4 years playing WoW with the wife. I'm just now getting back into FPS, and my, how things have changed/improved!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Blue, it's funny you say that, because Call of Duty has been way more twitch-based than Battlefield games have been for the last like, five years. (Twitch-based meaning to kill people effectively you have to have near-instantaneous reflexes, it's all about who taps that mouse button first in CoD.)

I'd think you would enjoy Battlefield 3 more because of this, but who knows. You should buy it either way, IMO.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":117lxq1m said:
Blue, it's funny you say that, because Call of Duty has been way more twitch-based than Battlefield games have been for the last like, five years. (Twitch-based meaning to kill people effectively you have to have near-instantaneous reflexes, it's all about who taps that mouse button first in CoD.)

I'd think you would enjoy Battlefield 3 more because of this, but who knows. You should buy it either way, IMO.

Ok, that's good to know. Yeah, I'm gonna get it, but not right now. Wife gets a little irritated when I go on game buying binges... :D I'll get it in a couple weeks and let you know what I think.

Galen96

Reaction score
MW3 = fast paced FPS twitch deathfest.
BF3 = strategic moderate paced twitch FPS with wide open maps for long range sniping, mortars, helos, fighter jets, tanks, trucks, etc. If you want to take your time killing pixels, BF3 is your best bet.

Not to mention, BF3 is fully destructible environments, lots of cover, and the best audio engine available. This coming from my best friend who spent multiple tours overseas.

JKent82

Reaction score
COD 4 was awesome. Since then I haven't liked them all that much, but I'm hearing good things about this one. Not shelling out 60 bucks for it though...

AshamanMat

Reaction score
Galen96":1yicp2iu said:
MW3 = fast paced FPS twitch deathfest.
BF3 = strategic moderate paced twitch FPS with wide open maps for long range sniping, mortars, helos, fighter jets, tanks, trucks, etc. If you want to take your time killing pixels, BF3 is your best bet.

Not to mention, BF3 is fully destructible environments, lots of cover, and the best audio engine available. This coming from my best friend who spent multiple tours overseas.

this is spot on, not to mention there is some destruction in BF3
A sniper hiding in that building picking people off through the window? no problem, blow a hole in the side of the building :)

Not all buildings will blow up, but a lot of them you can destroy, makes it more realistic.

I was playing the Caspian map last night, hunting tanks, I was hiding next to one of the big warehouses in the middle when all of the sudden a tank fires at me, misses me but hits the building, the whole side of it came crashing down on me, was so fun!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ashaman, my most amazing moment to date came when someone fired a rocket at a balcony above me; it destroyed the balcony and the falling debris killed me. (This was actually the first day of live release.) Only after I died from the debris did I realize he intentionally hit the balcony. It was on the Operation Metro map, squad deathmatch.

I was just like...MIND BLOWN. Amazing. You can get kills by blowing up a balcony and having the debris fall on people; amazing!

AshamanMat

Reaction score
yeah, a ton fo things that happen just give me the wow factor, even still :) one thing I would love to see is being able to damage that big ass crane on the Operation Firestorm map, maybe have it take a lot to topple it but it would be cool to see that think fall over from the other side of the map LOL