Madden 12 PS3 Community

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Re: Madden 12 PS3 Community
Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:26 pm
  • AFC - Titans, Colts, Jags, Texans
    NFC - Panthers, Saints, Bucs, Falcons

AFC over NFC and in order of preference.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:36 pm
  • Where's Kyle?

TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:22 pm
  • With the 3-1 record, Kyle's reserving the right to bump whomever the hell he wants, but we're standing at:

AFC South:
    Sammy -- Titans
    Trav -- Texans

NFC South:
    Spounge -- Buccs

Conveniently enough, if Kyle pops in and takes either the Texans or the Titans, looks like Sammy or I would go to the Panthers as fallback. Hopefully we can square it all away tonight. I'm off work the next couple of days and can get things set up sometime tomorrow.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:32 pm
  • I have no problem moving to the NFC as the Panthers if Kyle wants the Flaming Thumbtacks. If Kyle takes your Texans I'm cool with the Colts unless you want to stay in the AFC.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:21 pm
  • Sorry guys. I meant to respond last night but I guess I forgot to hit submit.

I'll just take the Panthers. Worst to first, here we come!
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:14 pm
  • Okay, then. I'll set it up either tomorrow morning or evening, then post the relevant info.

AFC South: Texans, Titans

NFC South: Buccs, Panthers.

Hard road in the NFC south with the Saints/Falcons. The AFC is wide open, unless Peyton decides to reappear and shred everyone (As he keeps doing in my offline, even with roster updates).

So, house rules: Rotating free agency control, starting with the weakest team. Starting order: Titans, Buccs, Panthers, Texans. (Giving the nod to Sammy's team because he was 1-3 in the first league, might as well make it worth -something-.)

Basically, can have up to 1 transaction per week. If it's your turn, just take whomever you want, drop whomever you want, then tell us about it. If someone is lollygagging around, and it's NOT your turn, announce your intended target here and the people in front of you get the opportunity to take that player before you. I'm going to start with a 24 hour window, there, as it's just less confusing and I want to keep things moving.

Try to keep the restarts to a minimum. I know the interbays can get twitchy, but just be mindful of it. I don't think I've ever had to have a restart, and I live in fricking Arkansas with a wifey and two kids. Work that scheisse out.

For future seasons, we'll have time to work out some specifics, but I'm leaning toward keeping the rotating system in place -- Obviously going by regular season record, etc., to determine who starts. Number of picks will depend on how many players you lose to retirement/free agency/etc.

I'm also led to understand that the game will just randomly remove players from the game when you draft a replacement. Not sure how true that is, or how it plays out, but worth looking into.

All clear?
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:20 pm
  • Addition: Since there's really no FA or roster churn beyond the draft and retirement, I'm toying with the idea of allowing one CPU trade per season. Post the proposed trade here, we vote on it, majority to allow it as 'Fair'. (That way, even if your division opponent automatically votes against you, the other two can overrule.)

Thoughts?
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:36 am
  • Okay. All set up.

League: DotNet South
    Pword: southnet

Definitely try to get some more people on board. Maybe limiting it to eight participants will have some sort of allure with the exclusivity or something.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 pm
  • So I started my game since I figure I wasn't gonna get a chance this weekend... and i can't help but throw a pick. Not even through the 2nd qtr and Hasselbeck's already thrown 2... pretty much on the same route to two different LBs in coverage. Hass did beat a press-coverage and went over the top for an easy TD.

Good news is that CJ2K is much better under my control than in real life and he's grinding out yards for me. My WR-core leaves something to be desired and might have to look into some trades or the FA if Nate Washington can't get any separation.

And after getting the ball with less than 2-minutes left in the half, CJ2K marches down the field converting 1st down after 1st down only to get shutdown in the redzone and Hass (I) throw another pick at the 1-yard line with 6 seconds left. Half-time score 14-7 Titans. CJ2K with 125 yards in the 1st half with 1 TD.

Opening the 2nd half, I hold the Jags to a 3 and out only to fumble the punt and they run it back for a TD... the previous play I forced a fumble and recover it at their 2-yard line only for Del Rio to challenge and get it overturned...

After the Jags take the lead on a FG in the 4th qtr I can't sustain a drive and have to punt down 3... on the ensuing drive, I take control of the blitzing CB and force a fumble with my LB picking it up for the TD. 21-17 Titans. Blaine Gabbert has been channeling Steve YOung because he's been scrambling like nobody's business converting more rushing 1st downs than MJD. Busted coverage and the Jags take the 24-21 lead with 1:47 in the 4th... I'm in trouble.

Until I find my TE streaking down the field untouched... I throw up a prayer hoping that Hass's ball can get there... TD Titans 28-24. With 50 seconds left in the 4th, I gotta hold them out of the endzone.

After two Hail Mary throws into the endzone, i stop them on 4th down and take a knee. Final score; Titans 28 Jags 24

Hass 13/28 172 Yards 2 TDs 3 INTs
    CJ2k 29 Att 207 Yards 7.1 YPC 1 TD 4 Rec 42 Yards

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:30 pm
  • Well, not only did Peyton Manning return from the dead, the refs decided that there was no possible way that Perfect Peyton could lose. The Texans full-on dominated the game, not a great deal of scoring, too many sloppy turnovers, but we picked off Manning three times, sacked him three or four times, had him looking twitchy. So, with a couple left in the fourth quarter, we're up 20-14. 3rd down and a crapload. Peyton drops back, gets hit... crappy ball drops to the ground. I'm thinking, 'Win!'.

Wait, there's a flag. Roughing the Passer. First time I'd even SEEN roughing the passer called. Frick. First down. So, of course, Manning pulls this gift second-chance drive out of his butt. Add another iffy 'reception' on the sideline by Garcon. I challenge. Refs laugh at me and pretend to review it. The Colts are coaxed into the endzone. 21-20 with 1:09 left to play.

Texans drive on up the field. Awesome. We're going to be able to pull this off. Walter makes a reception at the twenty and is tackled... the ball squirts out, clearly caused by the ground. No timeouts, no booth review. Screw you, it's a fumble, Peyton wins!

Colts 21, Texans 20

Most painful Madden Game in recent memory.

Dear Colts -- You're really putting single coverage on Andre Johnson? 10 receptions, 161 yards, 1 TD.
    Rookie Brandon Harris picks off two Peyton Manning passes in his professional debut.

Entire team wants to kill selves.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:42 pm
  • Out of Turn FA Transaction:

Sammy, you're ahead of me in the 'Grab a Free Agent' line, so I'm intending to pick up DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu. Let me know if you want to swipe him in front of me over the next 24 hours.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 am
  • Defense and Blount came up big against the Lions. Blout had 227 yards and 4 TDs. Freeman completed less than 40% of his passes but never turned the ball over and did get 2 TD passes. Gerald McCoy had 4 sacks, and the D came up with 3 big turnovers that stopped what were certain to be scoring drives. The one time the Lions did score on me was when they were targeting Megatron. Fortunately enough for me they didn't continue with that and instead tried to keep giving it to Best, despite my run D being stout all game long.

This win came at a cost though I lost Mike Williams midway through the 2nd quarter and Sean Jackson (SS) in the 3rd. Luckily Williams was only out for the game, but Jackson is going to be out for about 10 weeks now.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:04 am
  • Spounge84 wrote:Defense and Blount came up big against the Lions. Blout had 227 yards and 4 TDs. Freeman completed less than 40% of his passes but never turned the ball over and did get 2 TD passes. Gerald McCoy had 4 sacks, and the D came up with 3 big turnovers that stopped what were certain to be scoring drives. The one time the Lions did score on me was when they were targeting Megatron. Fortunately enough for me they didn't continue with that and instead tried to keep giving it to Best, despite my run D being stout all game long.

This win came at a cost though I lost Mike Williams midway through the 2nd quarter and Sean Jackson (SS) in the 3rd. Luckily Williams was only out for the game, but Jackson is going to be out for about 10 weeks now.

Once sammy gets back to me on my cutting in line for a FA grab, you're next in line to pick up a FA if you want (I'm not sure if there's injured reserve on here... 'Course, he's gone for the season if you went that route, but I don't even know if there's such a thing in online franchises.)

Edit: Still pissed about that Manning hose-job. Auuuuugh.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:20 pm
  • Picked up DT Ed Johnson. He's all yours Trav.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:01 am
  • Grabbing CB Bruce Johnson.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:13 pm
  • Crushed the Cardinals 34-22 (I think, watching Stanford-OSU right now). QB Cam Newton started hot, leading a touchdown drive his second drive and throwing for his first career touchdown on his third. 2nd year WR David Gettis was Newton's favorite target (Steve Smith was worthless), catching 4 passes for 177 yards and 2 TDs - Newton has one hell of an arm. The offensive line was great to begin the game, with DeAngelo Williams driving down the field (so former Oregon Duck Jonathan Stewart could be a TD vulture) in the 1st quarter and going untouched for an 82 (I think?) yard TD in the 2nd quarter.

The defense had a tough time against Larry Fitzgerald and the running game wasn't shut down (Beanie Wells shook off 6 tackles for a long TD), but it held Arizona back most of the game and forced two turnovers (almost three, a fumble by Kolb that my DT returned for a TD, but instant replay betrayed me)... Built a huge lead and halftime and then did crap on offense (I swear a handicap kicked in). DeAngelo Williams was averaging something like 11 YPC going into the 4th quarter when I ran like mad and probably dropped it a little. Stewart had a tough time getting anything started.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:06 pm
  • Snohomie wrote:Grabbing CB Bruce Johnson.

Spounge is in front of you (Unless you already knew that and are just declaring intent to give him 24').

Next week I'm definitely going to have to waste a FA pick and get a punter. My rookie is a 40 OVR.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:06 pm
  • I decided to pick up MLB Lofa Tatupu. I need more depth in my LB corps than I do my secondary right now (even with the SS injury).
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 am
  • Cool. Will advance here in the next day or two (work). FA Rotation: Sam/Trav/Spo/Snoh

(My intent is going to involve some punter or another. I'm reasonably certain nobody's going to try to jump my claim on THAT one.)
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:24 am
  • Advanced.

Still enraged over the whole Colts rip-off game, the Texans marched into Miami and stomped repeatedly on the balls of the Dolphins, 30-17 (Made closer by an unfortunate interception inside the Texans twenty). To the Fins credit, they were able to slow down the generally-potent Houston passing attack. In response to this focus by Miami, the Texans promptly turned Foster loose for 225 yards and 3 TDs. Houston's admittedly lackluster defense held Miami to around 220 yards. I'm liking what Kemoeatu brings to the defense... he wasn't even the best DT available when I grabbed him, but he's perfect for what the Texans needed. They have plenty of speed and ability to get to the QB with various blitz packages. Kemo generally just manages to shed one block, at which point he's too large and slow to catch anyone.

BUT, shedding that one block makes people pay attention to him. Those who don't do so ignore at their peril (I took GREAT delight in Kemo's one tackle for the game... Just utterly blasted Reggie Bush who apparently didn't notice him.). So, he busts up the middle of the pocket, and gives edge rushers galore opportunities. Henne had about 105 yards passing, though we only managed one sack.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:46 pm
  • FA Pick-up for the Week: WR Antwan Randle El

Started strong and Hass (I) haven't thrown a single pick through 1 qtr... a huge leap for me. CJ2K is turning in 1st down after 1st down against a stout Baltimore defense. Early in the first qtr in no-mans-land I decide to go for it on 4th and 7 instead of a 54-yard FG and find a streaking TE over the top of Ray Lewis.

Hass to Britt has finally caught on as he's got 3 Recs and a 1 TD in the first half and CJ2K an gotten in the scoring as well. Randle El has already converted a few 3rd down catches out of the slot. So far, Baltimore hasn't been able to do anything as Flacco has been contained so far and Rice isn't getting any touches. Until they go to the hurry-up and pick me apart on 3 plays to Ray Rice for the TD over the top... I get the ball with over 2 minutes left in the 2nd qtr only to go 3-and-out. They march down the field and once they hit the redzone I get a beautiful pick in the endzone. Only for Hass to throw his 1st pick on a one-handed interception by a leaping LB out of nowhere... If I could challenge it based on "bullshit" I would. And then the Game-Hate turns in my favor... Safety plays the soft-zone in the flats; Pick 6 Titans! Halftime Score; 28-7 Titans.

After forcing a punt... the Game-Hate switches sides and Ed Reed picks me off on a tipped ball deep in my own territory. Luckily, I hold them to a FG. After taking the kick-off, I march down the field but take a huge sack mid-field. On 3rd and 9, I call a screen-play to CJ2K and he takes it to the house after spinning out Ed Reed and side-stepping some schlumb for the TD. More Game-Hate... in my favor. Force a fumble on the 2nd down and returned it for a TD. No flags, no challenges, no fight; 42-10 before the 4th qtr. Flacco also throws directly to my LB for another quick turnover. I can only convert it into a FG though.

Ray Rice finally breaks a run longer than 2-yards; but it's not enough even though it's a TD. Even though I'm up four scores... the game decides it's not fun if it's not close and CJ2K has his first fumble of the season. I challenge but the ruling is upheld. I hold them to FG; which they can't convert.

Titans win; 48-17.

Hass 18/32 242 Yards 2 TDs 2 Ints
    CJ2K 31 Att 161 Yards 2 TDs 3 Recs 54 Yards 1 TD

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:56 pm
  • My FA pick is going to be a punter, I just don't know which one yet. So, Spou and Snoho feel free to move on to your FA turn and grab a dude. Just let me know in the unlikely chance that it's going to be a punter.

In Other News: I'm going to open up CPU trading for one week in week 6. Trades need to be approved by a majority, so if you have something in mind feel free to throw it out here any time so we can finish arguing about it by Wk6.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:15 pm
  • I was thinking. For trades, why not require that the proposer test it in offline mode? That an a "don't be ridiculous" should suffice (cause I'm sure it can be abused), because OFFLINE AI trade logic got a boost this year add (theoretically, at least. I don't normally trade a whole lot but I normally do a ton of FA) shouldn't suck.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:25 pm
  • Snohomie wrote:I was thinking. For trades, why not require that the proposer test it in offline mode? That an a "don't be ridiculous" should suffice (cause I'm sure it can be abused), because OFFLINE AI trade logic got a boost this year add (theoretically, at least. I don't normally trade a whole lot but I normally do a ton of FA) shouldn't suck.

Good idea, though I'm hoping for a long-term... Might fall apart a couple seasons down the road once somebody wants to trade a drafted player. Definitely works for this season.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:39 pm
  • EF! I stomped the Packers 31-7. While I was checking my stats, I lost the internet connection and the game never existed?? *nerdrage*
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:57 am
  • Turns out picking up Lofa was a great idea. He had 9 tackles, 1 sack, an interception returned for a TD (first points of the game) and was the player of the game. The sack came late in the 4th and originally a fumble was called which Gerald McCoy returned for a TD. The fumble was reviewed and overturned, but it was still a sack and left the Viqueens in a 3rd & 17 deep in their own territory with less than 2 minutes left. This game turned out to be a big defensive battle, both teams had trouble moving the ball all game long. Freeman had a bad game, going 7 for 20 with a pick (those 7 completions went to only 3 guys). Blount had a good game with 118 yards on 22 carries.

I've signed SS Chinedum Ndukwe (sp?). The only TD I gave up was on a deep pass to the corner of the endzone. My back up SS (who was starting in the game due to Jones' injury) was in position but let the TE get the ball anyway (wonder if he learned how to play from Kelly Jennings).
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:44 pm
  • Sammy says I need to sign up for this. So what do I do...?

I warn you though, I really suck, am unreliable for games and if I suddenly start slaughtering everyone, it means I've outsourced my games to my brother the EA game tester :)
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 pm
  • Post your PSN name and Trav can send you an invite or you just search for our community.

You need to choose a team outside of the AFC/NFC South. We'd like it if you choose a team that played one of those conferences because we are playing each other.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:36 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:Post your PSN name and Trav can send you an invite or you just search for our community.

You need to choose a team outside of the AFC/NFC South. We'd like it if you choose a team that played one of those conferences because we are playing each other.

I tried searching for the community but couldn't find it. What is the name exactly..?

Barring that, my PSN ID is Kickboxer79
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:11 pm
  • League: DotNet South
    Pword: southnet

Invite sent, as well. NFC/AFC south teams only. FA rules = 1 acquisition per week, rotating. Current order is Sammy, Me, Spounge, Snoho, (You). I'm not sure who's turn it is at the moment. Last pickup I saw was Spounges, so I think Kyle has the bid.

Week is advanced. Just finished one of the stupidest games I've played. Lost to the Saints in Nawlins... 11-2. Yeah, 11 to 2.

Johnson was knocked out of the game in the first quarter, and it seems the Texans -aren't- quite sure what to do in that situation. Walter and Daniels can't beat you deep. Jones was dropping everything that hit him in the hands, and the Saints front four kept the running game from getting out of hand. Just couldn't string a drive together.

Sacked Brees five or six times, once in the end zone. They added on a couple field goals to their own safety and the crowd went home thinking, 'That was completely retarded.'
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:17 pm
  • I thought we wanted 2 teams in each Division... if that's not the case then please disregard this message.

Checked the FA Tracker and it's my turn: CB Randall Gay

Game 3 vs the Denver Broncos (Orton is leading the team and not Tebow). After two big plays, the Broncos get into the Redzone and get first blood with a TE TD on 3rd down.

I march down the field after converted a 4th and inches at the 35-yard line and find Kenny Britt for the 2-yard TD after CJ2K churns yard after yard down the field. Collinsworth is just dogging Hass all day long saying how he's so inaccurate... hard to argue with me at the helm. We pretty much split TOP in the 1st qtr and I force a 3-and-out starting the 2nd qtr only to throw my league leading 6th INT of the year to Champ Bailey. Finally got some pressure on Orton forcing a bad throw for my LB to pick off. CJ2K with the 20-yard TD. Also lost my 4th WR/KR/PR to a broken collar bone. No clue how long he'll be out. And then on a bomb down the sidelines... Orton find Brandon Lloyd for the long TD... and I'm hating life. Tie game with 3:37 left in the 2nd. I march down the field with a great drive eating up second after second. I get into the redzone and CJ2K drops the TD at the 1-yard line with 9 seconds left on 3rd down. So with 4th and 1 on the 9-yard line I opt for the FG; Titans 17-14 at the half.

I start the 3rd qtr pretty weak after a few 1st downs and get stonewalled. I punt to their 24 and on the next play I get a user pick with Cort Finnegan. Titans march! Unfortunately, they don't go anywhere... So kick the 54yrd FG or go for 4th and 7? So I go for it and rush the play because I wasted too much time decided and I don't convert... My bad. Another user pick and I'm on my way... to another Hass INT right after Collinsworth says I have no accuracy. I can't argue.

So the 3rd qtr ends with pretty much nothing happening at all. I start the 4th qtr by getting sacked 3-plays in a row. After a big run by Moreno, the Broncos are knocking on the door and MaGahee punches it in for the lead; 21-17 Broncos. I respond by scoring too quickly; 24-21 Titans with 2:49 in the 4th qtr... Let's see if I can play defense. Broncos goes 3-and-out when Finnegan should have picked off his 2nd throw... I get the ball back as the 2-minute warning goes off. Time to kill some clock. Clock killed, strung up the neck by CJ2K who goes the length of the field for the TD; 31-21 Titans with 27 seconds left in the 4th. 2 sacks later, Game Over.

Titans win.

Hass 12/26 139 yards 2 TDs 2 INTs
    CJ2K 37 Att 279 yards 2 TDs
    Britt 3 Recs 18 yards 2 TDs

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:59 pm
  • I thought we wanted 2 teams in each Division...if that's not the case then please disregard this message.

If you have two people to try and open up a new division, I might be good with it. I'd rather try to fill the existing playable divisions. Bringing in one person into another division just has said lone dude hanging out by himself in X division. The league is capped at 8 people for this purpose (AFC/NFC South)

After that 11-2 performance, I'm thinking the Texans are going 'Suck for... Whomever is in the draft'.

Though early games against the Colts/Saints doesn't generally boost one's confidence.
    Last edited by TravTex on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:20 pm
  • BTW, for week 2 I picked up DT Clifton Ryan. Forgot to post that.

I'm a zombie after another supermeeting, but I'll try to play tomorrow.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm
  • I thought last week was an ugly win, but this one tops it. My second drive was one of only two that I really managed to move the ball well on, throwing a TD pass to Kellen Winslow Jr. After that I turned the ball over 3 of the next four drives, two Josh Freeman interceptions and a Blount fumble. In between, the Falcons actually managed to get a good drive going, but shot themselves in the foot when they had a TD run called back by a holding penalty then had a 44 yard FG attempt turn into a 49 yard FG attempt (which they missed) due to a false start. They did manage to score a FG near the end of the half and another one in the 3rd. I managed to get another TD pass to Winslow, but in the end it came down to the final drive by Atlanta, they needed a TD and a 2-pt conversion to tie and the Defense managed to hold them off. 14-6 Bucs, like I said; ugly win, but still a win.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:13 pm
  • Seriously.... nobody picked Atlanta yet? mmmm'kay. Matty Ice in the hizzy then. :)
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:Seriously.... nobody picked Atlanta yet? mmmm'kay. Matty Ice in the hizzy then. :)

It's about the challenge, bro. Could I have lost 11-2 playing -Atlanta-?
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 pm
  • TravTex wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Seriously.... nobody picked Atlanta yet? mmmm'kay. Matty Ice in the hizzy then. :)

It's about the challenge, bro. Could I have lost 11-2 playing -Atlanta-?

I could! Did I mention I suck...?
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 am
  • So THAT was interesting.

Cam Newton, who has started hot in the past, was ice cold. Overthrew a key 3rd down comeback route to start the half, then misfired on a slant for a pick (that one was me), then later threw another pick to the same LB (Posluzny) but that time just pissed me off as the LB made a leaping 1-handed catch on a pass he had no business being around (EA, I'd spend 60 bucks for a version of the game that didn't have super-athlete-LBs. FIX THIS ALREADY!!). Missed Gettis on a wide open deep pass, and LaFell streaking wide open on a deep post for a sure TD. One of those days where the game decides to make things go wrong. Luckily, the running game was unstoppable again. DeAngelo Williams is absolutely money, and Stewart is the best short-yardage RB in the league. Williams finished with 4 TDs, I believe. Newton did connect on a short TD with Steve Smith early, ran very effectively (though sparingly), and (outside of that stupid LB, who finished with 3 picks once I started simulating with a huge lead).

Defensively, for the first time in forever I had issues stopping the run, but Blaine Gabbert was feeling pressure all game and couldn't get much going through the air. It was really a battle of the RBs, and even though MJD had one hell of a game, Williams got the win.

Funny for the day: LB Thomas Davis blew up a scrambling Blaine Gabbert, forcing a fumble. Of course, Gabbert recovered just fine, and Davis had to leave the game with an injury. Derp.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:21 am
  • Week Advanced.

I've lost track of who's turn it is on FA signings. Anyone? Only a couple weeks left for a CPU trade. Gotta propose it and have it voted in before week 6 ends before I allow it.

Texans beat the Steelers in a rough, ugly, punch-in-the-face game. Big Ben is sacked five times. Could've gotten ugly, but Schaub threw a couple pics. He's ugly with the turnovers so far. 3 TD/ 10 INT, I think. Foster almost gets 100 yards. Who's That Barwin gets his fifth sack.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:02 am
  • Did not pick up an FA this week... probably could have.

Week 4 @ the Browns.

And I'm really tempted to just bench Hass... he's okay but under my control and these super-LBs it just does not bode well for me. His noodle-arm is not helping me either as I cannot complete a pass over 20 yards and if it's under there's a great chance that it'll be intercepted.

On to the game:

I dominated the Browns from start to finish. Got a shut-out 24-0. Almost had more rushing yard (250) then their total yards (281).

CJ2K is making a strong case for MVP: 28 Att 243 Yards 2 TDs 5 Rec 56 Yards 1 TD
    Hass is terrible under my control, it's very Seahawk-like: 15/36 191 Yards 1 TD 4 INTs

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 am
  • I'm not sure where we are for FA, but I'm likely to pick up an OLB this week if anyone wants to grab one first.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:04 pm
  • I think it's my turn since everyone skipped me, but I have no pressing FA needs. Might pick up a FA QB and trade Hass to start Locker.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:14 pm
  • Glad to hear I'm not the only one having trouble with the robot LB's. God am I tired of having LB's leap 10' in the air to bat down my bullet to the wide open seam route.

I don't even know enough about my team yet to know what I need. If the wife ever finishes watching the f'ing young and the restless I'll log in and check it out.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 am
  • Bucs lose their first of the season on Monday night to the Colts, 30-21. Josh Freeman threw five (yes FIVE!) picks with the whole nation watching. Blount had a good game, and so did the defense but with the constant turnovers the Colts offense had good field position all night long.

I forgot to do my FA pickup for last week, so I picked up CB Joselio Hansen.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:05 am
  • Wish there were a simpler system to FA, but we'll stick with the round robin version with one pickup per week and hop that people who get skipped have the presence of mind to cry outrage.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:39 am
  • ummm... outrage? :229031_shrug:

I dunno, did I miss my turn...?

Played my first game vs. none other than the Seahawks. That was kinda like punching your mother in the face. I beat the crap out of them, but I don't really feel good about it. Falcons mop the floor with the Hawks 50-something to 20-something... mainly because I wasn't paying attention on the opening kick off and let Justin Forsett run it back for a TD then again wasn't paying attention and trew a stupid marshmellow to the flat, which ET picked off for 6 (I was actually kinda proud of him). Matt Ryan and Roddy White both set NFL records for TD's with 7 and 6 respectively (Roddy White is really good). Michael Turner rushed for 100+. Ryan threw for 400+. Roddy caught for 200+

Good times.....
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:13 pm
  • Effing 49ers took Julian Peterson out from under my nose.

Bears proved to be a tough foe. Not tough enough to actually win, mind you, but I cussed out my PS3 a few times. Newton had 6 passes dropped, including at least 2 TDs, but finished 18/33 290ish 1td 1INT (Super-Urlacher). Williams continues to put up huge numbers, unfortunately for DeAngelo, his coach (me) gets pass-happy sometimes, so he only has like 60 carries all year (Stewart the TD vulture doesn't help either, though he was out this game). He had a decent game but I knew the Bears were going to be tough to run on, so I went pass-happy from the start. Ran better out of shotgun formations than power formations, which was just fine with me.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:34 am
  • Week Advanced.

If anyone wants to make their one non-User team trade, now's the time to propose it.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:22 pm
  • I had the Saints at home. Started out poorly and they jumped to a 20-10 lead at halftime. Then I found DeAngelo Williams and ran all over them. However, midway through the third quarter my internet gave out so I had to do it again.

The exact same thing happened. Fell behind then DeAngelo Williams came on strong. Only difference is that Mike Goodson vultured 2 TDs this time around.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm
  • I beat up on the Pack. 31-3 I think... can't remember. The win came at one heluva steep price though because I lost John Abraham for 10 weeks with a torn quad and Roddy White for 5 with a broken clavicle. And I have to take on the Snohomie Panthers next week. Julio Jones is as good as advertised, but he's a noticeable drop off from Roddy. I'm liking Harry Douglas... I just liked him better in the slot is all. Gonna have to learn to better utilize Tony Gonzales I reckon. I like my little 1-2 punch of Michael Turner and Jaquizz Rodgers. It's like Alstott and Dunn all over again...
    :)
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information