Madden 12 PS3 Community

TestMo1337

Reaction score
AFC - Titans, Colts, Jags, Texans
NFC - Panthers, Saints, Bucs, Falcons

AFC over NFC and in order of preference.

TravTex

Reaction score
With the 3-1 record, Kyle's reserving the right to bump whomever the hell he wants, but we're standing at:

AFC South:
Sammy -- Titans
Trav -- Texans

NFC South:
Spounge -- Buccs

Conveniently enough, if Kyle pops in and takes either the Texans or the Titans, looks like Sammy or I would go to the Panthers as fallback. Hopefully we can square it all away tonight. I'm off work the next couple of days and can get things set up sometime tomorrow.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I have no problem moving to the NFC as the Panthers if Kyle wants the Flaming Thumbtacks. If Kyle takes your Texans I'm cool with the Colts unless you want to stay in the AFC.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Sorry guys. I meant to respond last night but I guess I forgot to hit submit.

I'll just take the Panthers. Worst to first, here we come!

TravTex

Reaction score
Okay, then. I'll set it up either tomorrow morning or evening, then post the relevant info.

AFC South: Texans, Titans

NFC South: Buccs, Panthers.

Hard road in the NFC south with the Saints/Falcons. The AFC is wide open, unless Peyton decides to reappear and shred everyone (As he keeps doing in my offline, even with roster updates).

So, house rules: Rotating free agency control, starting with the weakest team. Starting order: Titans, Buccs, Panthers, Texans. (Giving the nod to Sammy's team because he was 1-3 in the first league, might as well make it worth -something-.)

Basically, can have up to 1 transaction per week. If it's your turn, just take whomever you want, drop whomever you want, then tell us about it. If someone is lollygagging around, and it's NOT your turn, announce your intended target here and the people in front of you get the opportunity to take that player before you. I'm going to start with a 24 hour window, there, as it's just less confusing and I want to keep things moving.

Try to keep the restarts to a minimum. I know the interbays can get twitchy, but just be mindful of it. I don't think I've ever had to have a restart, and I live in fricking Arkansas with a wifey and two kids. Work that scheisse out.

For future seasons, we'll have time to work out some specifics, but I'm leaning toward keeping the rotating system in place -- Obviously going by regular season record, etc., to determine who starts. Number of picks will depend on how many players you lose to retirement/free agency/etc.

I'm also led to understand that the game will just randomly remove players from the game when you draft a replacement. Not sure how true that is, or how it plays out, but worth looking into.

All clear?

TravTex

Reaction score
Addition: Since there's really no FA or roster churn beyond the draft and retirement, I'm toying with the idea of allowing one CPU trade per season. Post the proposed trade here, we vote on it, majority to allow it as 'Fair'. (That way, even if your division opponent automatically votes against you, the other two can overrule.)

Thoughts?

TravTex

Reaction score
Okay. All set up.

League: DotNet South
Pword: southnet

Definitely try to get some more people on board. Maybe limiting it to eight participants will have some sort of allure with the exclusivity or something.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
So I started my game since I figure I wasn't gonna get a chance this weekend... and i can't help but throw a pick. Not even through the 2nd qtr and Hasselbeck's already thrown 2... pretty much on the same route to two different LBs in coverage. Hass did beat a press-coverage and went over the top for an easy TD.

Good news is that CJ2K is much better under my control than in real life and he's grinding out yards for me. My WR-core leaves something to be desired and might have to look into some trades or the FA if Nate Washington can't get any separation.

And after getting the ball with less than 2-minutes left in the half, CJ2K marches down the field converting 1st down after 1st down only to get shutdown in the redzone and Hass (I) throw another pick at the 1-yard line with 6 seconds left. Half-time score 14-7 Titans. CJ2K with 125 yards in the 1st half with 1 TD.

Opening the 2nd half, I hold the Jags to a 3 and out only to fumble the punt and they run it back for a TD... the previous play I forced a fumble and recover it at their 2-yard line only for Del Rio to challenge and get it overturned...

After the Jags take the lead on a FG in the 4th qtr I can't sustain a drive and have to punt down 3... on the ensuing drive, I take control of the blitzing CB and force a fumble with my LB picking it up for the TD. 21-17 Titans. Blaine Gabbert has been channeling Steve YOung because he's been scrambling like nobody's business converting more rushing 1st downs than MJD. Busted coverage and the Jags take the 24-21 lead with 1:47 in the 4th... I'm in trouble.

Until I find my TE streaking down the field untouched... I throw up a prayer hoping that Hass's ball can get there... TD Titans 28-24. With 50 seconds left in the 4th, I gotta hold them out of the endzone.

After two Hail Mary throws into the endzone, i stop them on 4th down and take a knee. Final score; Titans 28 Jags 24

Hass 13/28 172 Yards 2 TDs 3 INTs
CJ2k 29 Att 207 Yards 7.1 YPC 1 TD 4 Rec 42 Yards

TravTex

Reaction score
Well, not only did Peyton Manning return from the dead, the refs decided that there was no possible way that Perfect Peyton could lose. The Texans full-on dominated the game, not a great deal of scoring, too many sloppy turnovers, but we picked off Manning three times, sacked him three or four times, had him looking twitchy. So, with a couple left in the fourth quarter, we're up 20-14. 3rd down and a crapload. Peyton drops back, gets hit... crappy ball drops to the ground. I'm thinking, 'Win!'.

Wait, there's a flag. Roughing the Passer. First time I'd even SEEN roughing the passer called. Frick. First down. So, of course, Manning pulls this gift second-chance drive out of his butt. Add another iffy 'reception' on the sideline by Garcon. I challenge. Refs laugh at me and pretend to review it. The Colts are coaxed into the endzone. 21-20 with 1:09 left to play.

Texans drive on up the field. Awesome. We're going to be able to pull this off. Walter makes a reception at the twenty and is tackled... the ball squirts out, clearly caused by the ground. No timeouts, no booth review. Screw you, it's a fumble, Peyton wins!

Colts 21, Texans 20

Most painful Madden Game in recent memory.

Dear Colts -- You're really putting single coverage on Andre Johnson? 10 receptions, 161 yards, 1 TD.
Rookie Brandon Harris picks off two Peyton Manning passes in his professional debut.

Entire team wants to kill selves.

TravTex

Reaction score
Out of Turn FA Transaction:

Sammy, you're ahead of me in the 'Grab a Free Agent' line, so I'm intending to pick up DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu. Let me know if you want to swipe him in front of me over the next 24 hours.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Defense and Blount came up big against the Lions. Blout had 227 yards and 4 TDs. Freeman completed less than 40% of his passes but never turned the ball over and did get 2 TD passes. Gerald McCoy had 4 sacks, and the D came up with 3 big turnovers that stopped what were certain to be scoring drives. The one time the Lions did score on me was when they were targeting Megatron. Fortunately enough for me they didn't continue with that and instead tried to keep giving it to Best, despite my run D being stout all game long.

This win came at a cost though I lost Mike Williams midway through the 2nd quarter and Sean Jackson (SS) in the 3rd. Luckily Williams was only out for the game, but Jackson is going to be out for about 10 weeks now.

TravTex

Reaction score
Spounge84":21i029az said:
Defense and Blount came up big against the Lions. Blout had 227 yards and 4 TDs. Freeman completed less than 40% of his passes but never turned the ball over and did get 2 TD passes. Gerald McCoy had 4 sacks, and the D came up with 3 big turnovers that stopped what were certain to be scoring drives. The one time the Lions did score on me was when they were targeting Megatron. Fortunately enough for me they didn't continue with that and instead tried to keep giving it to Best, despite my run D being stout all game long.

This win came at a cost though I lost Mike Williams midway through the 2nd quarter and Sean Jackson (SS) in the 3rd. Luckily Williams was only out for the game, but Jackson is going to be out for about 10 weeks now.

Once sammy gets back to me on my cutting in line for a FA grab, you're next in line to pick up a FA if you want (I'm not sure if there's injured reserve on here... 'Course, he's gone for the season if you went that route, but I don't even know if there's such a thing in online franchises.)

Edit: Still pissed about that Manning hose-job. Auuuuugh.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Crushed the Cardinals 34-22 (I think, watching Stanford-OSU right now). QB Cam Newton started hot, leading a touchdown drive his second drive and throwing for his first career touchdown on his third. 2nd year WR David Gettis was Newton's favorite target (Steve Smith was worthless), catching 4 passes for 177 yards and 2 TDs - Newton has one hell of an arm. The offensive line was great to begin the game, with DeAngelo Williams driving down the field (so former Oregon Duck Jonathan Stewart could be a TD vulture) in the 1st quarter and going untouched for an 82 (I think?) yard TD in the 2nd quarter.

The defense had a tough time against Larry Fitzgerald and the running game wasn't shut down (Beanie Wells shook off 6 tackles for a long TD), but it held Arizona back most of the game and forced two turnovers (almost three, a fumble by Kolb that my DT returned for a TD, but instant replay betrayed me)... Built a huge lead and halftime and then did crap on offense (I swear a handicap kicked in). DeAngelo Williams was averaging something like 11 YPC going into the 4th quarter when I ran like mad and probably dropped it a little. Stewart had a tough time getting anything started.

TravTex

Reaction score
Snohomie":ycghntxi said:
Grabbing CB Bruce Johnson.

Spounge is in front of you (Unless you already knew that and are just declaring intent to give him 24').

Next week I'm definitely going to have to waste a FA pick and get a punter. My rookie is a 40 OVR.

Spounge84

Reaction score
I decided to pick up MLB Lofa Tatupu. I need more depth in my LB corps than I do my secondary right now (even with the SS injury).

TravTex

Reaction score
Cool. Will advance here in the next day or two (work). FA Rotation: Sam/Trav/Spo/Snoh

(My intent is going to involve some punter or another. I'm reasonably certain nobody's going to try to jump my claim on THAT one.)

TravTex

Reaction score
Advanced.

Still enraged over the whole Colts rip-off game, the Texans marched into Miami and stomped repeatedly on the balls of the Dolphins, 30-17 (Made closer by an unfortunate interception inside the Texans twenty). To the Fins credit, they were able to slow down the generally-potent Houston passing attack. In response to this focus by Miami, the Texans promptly turned Foster loose for 225 yards and 3 TDs. Houston's admittedly lackluster defense held Miami to around 220 yards. I'm liking what Kemoeatu brings to the defense... he wasn't even the best DT available when I grabbed him, but he's perfect for what the Texans needed. They have plenty of speed and ability to get to the QB with various blitz packages. Kemo generally just manages to shed one block, at which point he's too large and slow to catch anyone.

BUT, shedding that one block makes people pay attention to him. Those who don't do so ignore at their peril (I took GREAT delight in Kemo's one tackle for the game... Just utterly blasted Reggie Bush who apparently didn't notice him.). So, he busts up the middle of the pocket, and gives edge rushers galore opportunities. Henne had about 105 yards passing, though we only managed one sack.

Latest posts