Battlefield 3

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!!! Use a PS3 controller (just need to have a Bluetooth module on your computer) if you need it that much. Though, you won't get the console auto-aim if you do that, lol; meaning, you'd probably get smoked against PC players with a mouse and not enjoy it as much.

64-player battles feel more like war.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Yeah, using a controller on a PC would be dumb.

Maybe I just need console auto-aim. I did well in BC2 and MW2 on PS3, but I was atrocious at PC games like CS, MoH, Battlefield 1942, etc. I don't know if I improved because I am older and smarter, or because I moved to PS3. *shrug* Independent of my lack of PC skillz, I just feel more immersed on PS3, maybe it's the vibrating controller or something.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yes. I hate it. Dude, I had to download the SWTOR client twice in one month last month. 27GB twice, and that's over a quarter of my monthly allotment. Screw Comcast. Tonight I'll be using Comcast, but then tomorrow, I'll be on unlimited data transfer 35/35 Fios. :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

Frankly, it depends on what I'm doing. A couple months ago, I watched the first 4 seasons of 24 in one month on Netflix. Their max quality setting uses 2.7 gigabytes per hour. Multiply that times a few seasons of 24.....lol. 43 minutes per episode, so that's like 17 hours of viewing per season. 46GB per season, boom the vast majority of my cap's gone and I haven't even gone to a website.

Netflix also wants to increase their streaming quality, too. I despise Comcast and their stupid anti-competitive data transfer cap, and crappier service. I had 20 megabits down, 6 megabits up through Comcast for $42/month with no data cap four years ago. The service I've had to have through them the past 18 months is 16 megabits down, 2 megabits up (up to 4 'burst') with a 250GB monthly data cap for $46/month.

Technology gets better and cheaper, they lower their service more, and increase rates. **** Comcast, right in the ***.

(I'm a little peeved about them, just in case you didn't pick up on the 62 hints I dropped, luls.)

Snohomie

Reaction score
I know you hate government meddling, Roland, but somebody needs to legislate against that. Especially since Comcast is given a monopoly or near monopoly on high-speed internet in many areas.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm not universally against government meddling, I just think a lot of the meddling they do currently is worthless, and there are many other areas that could use more of it. Fair internet access both with wireless carriers and traditional/regular ISPs would be a GREAT thing for them to get into. Be like most of western Europe....100 megabit up/down fiber, no data xfer cap, for like $50-$70/month? Yes, please.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":21wnvia5 said:
I haven't played it yet because Comcast screwed me when I moved last weekend. They're coming this afternoon to fix my internet, (one day before I get 35 megabit up/down Fios internet, haha) so I'll start playing tonight; but I played the beta, and while it was buggy, it was hella fun.

@Throwdown: No. This is a PC game. Go away.

;)

weak sauce, son!

AshamanMat

Reaction score
I started playing Monday night at 11pm (PC version, its the only way to play a FPS), and played till 8am when I had to go to work, time went by so fast but it was hella fun! The graphics are amazing! I tried playing a Co-Op, it was fun for the one I did but MP is where its at, so much fun! Someone said a 64 player map feels like an all out war, I cant echo this enough, its massive!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I had a blast last night, but good Lord, there needs to be some sort of spawn protection. In BC2, you're invulnerable for like 2 seconds, which allows you to start moving to try and avoid being instantly killed the instant you spawn; but in BF3, no such protection exists. That is rather annoying, lol; at least, for conquest and deathmatch modes.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wow. So, this game was performing like ass for me (FPS in the 40s even with everything set to low, and I'm running a Radeon 5870 video card) and I was looking around last night on the web, and found out that there is a "preview 2" 11.10 AMD Catalyst driver available. I was running the regular 11.10 preview (i.e., beta) driver, which most Google search results said was the latest one and "optimized for BF3".

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... verV2.aspx

Installing that second updated one more than doubled my frame rate in some cases. Incredible difference. If you own an ATI/AMD video card, and you're playing BF3 for PC, install that post-haste.

Galen96

Reaction score
Playing it on 360 via my XIM... the wonderful mouse-keyboard, and I don't have to completely build a new comp! liking this game a lot

AshamanMat

Reaction score
Ive only played Wake Island and Karkand, but I had so much fun getting in a tank rolling through the streets of Karkand and putting holes in EVERY building I saw!

I dont think I found a building I couldnt distroy though I am sure there are some but it was so much fun blowing stuff up :)

Wake island reminded me of my old BF1942 days and was always a favorite

acer1240

Reaction score
I think BFBC2 is a more enjoyable game. I still have a blast with it. Discovered the awesome twitch play of squad deathmatch. Run around with C4 and a shotgun. Fun stuff.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Anyone still play BF3? My desktop finally came in that can handle it so I've been tempted to buy the premium pack since it's only $50. Incredibly bored with MW3 on xbox and I don't know if I will be getting BOPS 2. Haven't played a PC shooter online since Return To Castle Wolfenstein....lol so it'll be an adjustment.

Spounge84

Reaction score
I play it still. Been busy lately so I haven't played it as often as I wanted, but hopefully in a couple of weeks I can start playing regularly again.