Madden 12 PS3 Community

TravTex

Reaction score
I'm thinking we can work free agency like a draft. Not even week-to-week, really, just rotate 'FA Control'. If you have the bid, you can pick up whoever the hell you want. If you don't have the bid, post your Desired FA here and whoever's ahead of you can have the opportunity to go, "Hey, that's a good idea" and snatch him up.

With no real fair way to start, and since I just freshly pulled the idea out of my ass, I'm going to go with alphabetical order.

So, sammy keeps one of the aforementioned... ah, camp invites, then passes control to Snoho, then Spounge, then I'll pull up dead ass last.

As far as pace goes, I'm good with one full round per week -- With additional compensatory bids for significant (I'm thinking 4 weeks) injuries. Seconded?

Edit for Inability to Remember the Alphabet

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I jettisoned all my "camp invites" except for Maroney (71 OVR) since I traded Ricky Williams (RB 80 OVR) for Jacob Tamme (TE 83 OVR).

Also, Kyle when's a good time for you to get our match in? I am available almost any night after 9PM. Just need to know at least a few hours before hand.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Crap. I have a really early schedule this week for work (I'm on Wichita time due to some meetings and getting up at 4:30am... and getting off work at 5:00... ugh), won't really be up past nine until Wednesday at the earliest. Maybe not until Thursday or Friday.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
When can you squeeze a game in? I might be able to get a game in at noon PST. I'm sure you're working then but let me know.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I should be able to from 5-8 tomorrow. Sorry my schedule is so whack right now. Not loving it myself. Seriously, I'm going to bed at 8:20 because I have to wake up at 4am tomorrow.

decaff907

Reaction score
decaf907 is my id. Doubt i can join now though. Would still love to play with any of you .netters online anyway.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
I crashed Wednesday around 7 while watching tv on my PS3. It must've turned itself off closer to 8. Anyways, I can make time whenever this weekend (though I'm booked Sunday 1-4 :p), just let me know.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
decaff907":1dcbkj7g said:
decaf907 is my id. Doubt i can join now though. Would still love to play with any of you .netters online anyway.
Trav, can you send decaf an invite?

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
Tonight sounds good. I'll be on around 8 then. If I'm playing BF just send me an invite and hopefully I'll see that. If some reason I am not on tonight, I WILL absolutely be on tomorrow before the game.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Kyle and I just finished out game. Game was tied 7-7 at the half and it was pretty even... except I forced a punt late in the 2nd qtr and instead of fair-catching the ball around the 50, my guy signaled and then bailed allowing the ball to go back another 40 yards... So I had to march down the field and tie it up...

And then the game hate started. I'm already INT prone, but playing against a smarter player like Kyle is just a bad thing for me. Flacco (I) threw another 3 INTs along with a killer fumble deep in our own territory that pretty much ended the game for me. Kyle played a great game and deserved to win no question, while I was very sad and purple afterwards.

The only thing that really kept the game close for parts were Kyle's inability to kick a FG (Jay Feely Style) and two turnovers when he was marching and deep in the redzone. Unfortunately, I couldn't capitalize while Kyle and the Jets did. GG Kyle.

Final score 21-10 (Jets Win).

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
GG Sammy, I was worried throughout the game. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

Does everyone else hate the OL pass protection? I have my offline sliders cranked up so that I can complete a pass of more than 3 yards. My only shots more than 10 yards past the LOS were on blitzes, which seems a tad quick to me. Holding onto the ball any longer is just asking for the trouble.

I suck at field goals. I mean, I don't think Folk has much of a leg (that second kick I hit 98% power and he couldn't get it 51 yards. Loser.) but the first one was pure suck.

My corner's won the game. Picks for Revis, Cromartie, and Wilson. Allowed me to blitz like crazy which shut down Rice and beat up Flacco. They're seriously the only thing I like about this team, with a normal set of corners it'd have felt like playing as the Browns, which counts as one of the most frustrating experiences of my life.

This got me thinking, it really would be cool if we were in two divsions in different conferences (ideally we could pick the divisions that play eachother cross-conference). I know someone floated the idea and it kinda died on the vine, but it might be cool. One division would be tough because most divisions have a "suck" team (except the NFC North would probably work, I refuse to be the Vikings on moral grounds but I think they'd be a decent team and they're the "worst" of the bunch) that would be unfair (ie the Browns in the AFC North)... I'd be down for something like that either concurrently with this Franchise or after this season is over and I win it all :). It'd probably progress slower since we'd need to coordinate times, which is why I think it'd be a good league to run at the same time as this one. But you all have lives, so I don't know if you guys have the time.

TravTex

Reaction score
Snohomie":34x3d82u said:
GG Sammy, I was worried throughout the game. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

Does everyone else hate the OL pass protection? I have my offline sliders cranked up so that I can complete a pass of more than 3 yards. My only shots more than 10 yards past the LOS were on blitzes, which seems a tad quick to me. Holding onto the ball any longer is just asking for the trouble.

I suck at field goals. I mean, I don't think Folk has much of a leg (that second kick I hit 98% power and he couldn't get it 51 yards. Loser.) but the first one was pure suck.

My corner's won the game. Picks for Revis, Cromartie, and Wilson. Allowed me to blitz like crazy which shut down Rice and beat up Flacco. They're seriously the only thing I like about this team, with a normal set of corners it'd have felt like playing as the Browns, which counts as one of the most frustrating experiences of my life.

This got me thinking, it really would be cool if we were in two divsions in different conferences (ideally we could pick the divisions that play eachother cross-conference). I know someone floated the idea and it kinda died on the vine, but it might be cool. One division would be tough because most divisions have a "suck" team (except the NFC North would probably work, I refuse to be the Vikings on moral grounds but I think they'd be a decent team and they're the "worst" of the bunch) that would be unfair (ie the Browns in the AFC North)... I'd be down for something like that either concurrently with this Franchise or after this season is over and I win it all :). It'd probably progress slower since we'd need to coordinate times, which is why I think it'd be a good league to run at the same time as this one. But you all have lives, so I don't know if you guys have the time.

Yeah, I'd mentioned a single division league, simply because we have four people and it'd guarantee everyone plays one another every season. Same problems you mention, timing + who plays the suck team. With the free agency and trade problems that exist in online franchise, whoever gets the suck team is probably going to have the suck team for a few seasons.

Sammy, didn't get a chance to send that invite yet -- Though I'm wondering how good a prospect 'Probably can't play' indicates.