RB Ahmad Bradshaw
    RB Jamaal Charles
    RB/WR LeGarrette Blount
    WR Mike Wallace
    WR Anquan Boldin
    TE Owen Daniels
    Def Lions
    Kicker Olindo Mare

On my bench some key players I have Brandon Marshall WR, Mercedes Lewis TE, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, WR Julio Jones

I got offered
    Tim Hightower, Jimmy Graham, and Jay Cutler

He wants
    Brandon Marshall and Marcedes Lewis

Should I do it?
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Re: Please help out with a fantasy trade
Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:39 pm
  • Ehh, I'm having trouble deciding. I feel like you really need another running back, mainly because I don't like any of yours. (although I think Bradshaw is probably fine, and my dislike of him is irrational, and induced by the existence of Brandon Jacobs who really doesn't steal much from him anymore). And I'm old school and still feel like having at least 5 running backs is a must.

I do think Jimmy Graham is an upgrade of Mercedes, and Jay Cutler would be useful for your bye week since Brady is a must start every week and Fitzpatrick has the same bye as Brady. He's playing Tampa too so its a decent start, it is in England though not sure if that effects it though.

I don't know if i trust Hightower enough though. Marshall is proven and will score points for you consistently. The first game gives some confidence that Henne can air it out.

If you trust your WR's enough, pull the trigger. I personally would just since Blount and Charles are inconsistent, it gives you more options.

(Could you offer Boldin instead of Marshall? I think I'd rather do that, Marshall has the potential for a much bigger season in my opinion.)
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:57 am
  • Marshall rarely gets in the endzone.. I think just 4 TDs last season and his type of route running doesnt work well in the red zone, as last weeks game showed again. So he isnt really an ideal fantasy WR.. Bess on the same team actually scores as many fantasy points I believe because he is the TD catching WR.

Hightower is a clear upgrade and isnt in a committee. I would do it. I think.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:34 am
  • I would do that trade.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:41 am
  • I would take Hightower in a Shanahan offense.

At the worst, you upgrade your flex, at best you upgrade your starting RB.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:41 pm
  • It gives you a lot of depth if you take the trade. You could definitely use the extra running back. How many teams are in your league?? Your team is STACKED.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information