Introduce yourself!

horns_n_hawks

Reaction score
Name: Glen
Born: Bellevue, WA
Reside: Ellensburg, WA/Redmond, WA
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Steve Largent, followed by Tez
Favorite Current Seahawk: Lofa Tatupu, I'm excited about Housh though
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Kingdome, Husky Stadium
Other Stadiums I've Been To: DKR, Texas Stadium, etc.
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Going to the Superbowl
Saddest Seahawk Memory: The Mediocrity of my youth ('91-'00ish)
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Any Given Sunday
Favorite Food: Steak
Best Seahawk Souvenir: A Shawn Alexander SB XL jersey

Seahawkette

Reaction score
Name: Sonia Lynn
Born: 12/16/84
Reside: Des Moines, WA
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Mack Strong, Walter Jones
Favorite Current Seahawk: Darryl Tapp, Marcus Trufant, Lofa Tatupu...New faves? Owen Schmitt and Aaron Curry!
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Cheney for training camp/scrimmage, Husky Stadium
Other Stadiums I've Been To: This year I'm going to my first away game: Candlestick where we will beat the 49ers!
Favorite Seahawk Memory: The blue and green confetti falling when we WON the NFC Championship and the realization hit me that the SEAHAWKS were going to the SUPERBOWL. Got chills just typing that.
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Getting screwed in Superbowl XL...Losing my favorite players
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Friday Night Lights, The Longest Yard, Varsity Blues, Rudy
Favorite Food: Italian!
Best Seahawk Souvenir: All of my autographs I've collected through the years and cherish. Especially the stuff I got in 2004/05. Recent fave? Lofa's gloves he gave me at the end of training camp practice last night! (8.3.09) Pictures with the players are better than my autographs too.

muxpux

Reaction score
Name: Ian
Born: 5-8-82
Reside: Longview, WA
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Largent
Favorite Current Seahawk: Lofa, Housh!
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Kingdome?
Other Stadiums I've Been To: none...:(
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Romos bobbled snap (still gives me chills), being at the giants game feely missed 3 FG's
Saddest Seahawk Memory: XL! and the early exits from the playoffs.
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Rudy
Favorite Food: Garlic Fries at the stadium?! too many to list
Best Seahawk Souvenir: dont really have any. free give-aways from going to games

kidhawk

Reaction score
Name: David Roe
Born: 08/31/1968
Reside: Anchorage, Ak
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: No Fair, No Fair, so many have been so great through the years. Going to go with Mack Strong though. Tough, Touch call
Favorite Current Seahawk: Hasselbeck
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Kingdome, Chicago (Fans in Chicago SUCK BALLS)
Other Stadiums I've Been To: See Above
Favorite Seahawk Memory: The Road to SuperBowl XL (that was a special year)
Saddest Seahawk Memory: so many like Hiring Tom Flores, Drafting Bosworth, but Superbowl XL took me from the highest to the lowest so it has to be number 1
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Remember The Titans
Favorite Food: Red Alaska King Crab Legs
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Gotta be my Seahaks football signed by the entire team, including coach Holmgren (Thanks Todd, some of ink may fade but the memories are there for a lifteime)

dino26

Reaction score
Born: Glasgow , Scotland
Reside: Glasgow
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Shaun Alexander
Favorite Current Seahawk: Matt Hasselbeck
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play:I havent !
Other Stadiums I've Been To: Watched Giants v Dolphins at London Wembley Stadium
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Superbowl XL and Tony Romos Bobbled snap just watching the D chase after him then stop him was cool
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Superbowl XL the playes Holmgren used were too conservative and things werent on our side clearly !
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Gridiron Gang
Favorite Food: Seafood and Mexican food/toss up
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Shaun Alexander frame with piece of game used football

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Hey Dino! If you don't mind me asking...What the heck would transpire to cause a 19-year-old from Scotland to become a fan of the Seattle Seahawks, who play a game barely seen outside the US? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just strikes me as unlikely.

dino26

Reaction score
GeekHawk":29pu460b said:
Hey Dino! If you don't mind me asking...What the heck would transpire to cause a 19-year-old from Scotland to become a fan of the Seattle Seahawks, who play a game barely seen outside the US? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just strikes me as unlikely.

Look at my intro thread dude http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3223&start=0

Alot of people outside US know about american football it just happens to be the sport i like the most we do have good coverage of NFL , we get to watch games when they are on we also get total access with rich eisen and the guys , nfl americas game showing past superbowl winning teams and we did get nfl playbook however "sky" (our huge british cable company) are renegotiating with nfl so the nfl footage on british tv isnt big right now as they are in the negotiating stage

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Ahh, okay. I hadn't seen the intro thread...I'm frankly surprised at the coverage of American football over there. Listening to those here who are constantly promoting soccer, you'd think that was all that the entire rest of the world cared about or ever saw! Apparently, that isn't quite accurate. You guys ever watch Australian Rules football? I like watching that - it's sort of like rugby, more like American football, but without pads pretty much. Looks like a game we used to play in junior high school in the '70s called Munch (resulting in at least one concussion for Yours Truly), and seems like a good way to give blood. It's not on TV much here, but I watch it when it is.

So, Welcome Aboard! I personally have been a Seahawks Fan since we were awarded the franchise the year before we started playing.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Sheesh, just finally saw this.

Name: Robert
Born: Richland, WA
Reside: same
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Steve Largent and Dave Krieg
Favorite Current Seahawk: Matt Hasselbeck
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Husky Stadium
Other Stadiums I've Been To: In general... Qualcomm, Husky Stadium, Safeco, Anaheim Stadium
Favorite Seahawk Memory: NFC Championship, Romo's bobbled hold. Also, for some reason, the '99 game in Green Bay. Watched it at the Hooters in San Diego with some die hard Packers fans. It was awesome to see the 'hawks abuse GB in Lambeau.
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Superbowl XL. A travesty.
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Varsity Blues... I've asked my wife to wear a whip cream bikini, but she won't do it.
Favorite Food: Italian
Best Seahawk Souvenir: They're all equally great, because they're Seahawks souvenirs.

The Radish

Reaction score
kidhawk":17v7tcc3 said:
Name: David Roe
Born: 08/31/1968
Reside: Anchorage, Ak
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: No Fair, No Fair, so many have been so great through the years. Going to go with Mack Strong though. Tough, Touch call
Favorite Current Seahawk: Hasselbeck
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Kingdome, Chicago (Fans in Chicago SUCK BALLS)
Other Stadiums I've Been To: See Above
Favorite Seahawk Memory: The Road to SuperBowl XL (that was a special year)
Saddest Seahawk Memory: so many like Hiring Tom Flores, Drafting Bosworth, but Superbowl XL took me from the highest to the lowest so it has to be number 1
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: Remember The Titans
Favorite Food: Red Alaska King Crab Legs
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Gotta be my Seahaks football signed by the entire team, including coach Holmgren (Thanks Todd, some of ink may fade but the memories are there for a lifteime)

David is being to kind here. He is one of the founding Fathers of this site and all of the old timers know that and thank him every day for the work he did in the early years. He was the original Lead Administrator and God bless him for not banning me years ago in my "fiesty" days.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
Name: Bobby
Born: 09/09/1983
Reside: Tacoma, WA
Occupation: UW Student (Social Work Major) Air Force Security Forces
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Cortez Kennedy, Mack Strong, WAlter Jones
Favorite Current Seahawk: Lawyer Milloy, Ken Lucas, Lofa, Aaron Curry!
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: No where yet but that will change this sunday
Other Stadiums I've Been To: This year I'm going to my first away game
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Being the only Seahawk fan at the club on base in England for Superbowl XL
Saddest Seahawk Memory: "Losing" Superbowl XL. When Mack Strong and Cortez Kennedy retired
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: The Program
Favorite Food: Italian!
Best Seahawk Souvenir: My autographed mini-helmet collection...

JustLibby

Reaction score
Name: Libby
Born: 1992
Reside: London
Favorite Food: Fruit

Okay, sorry this must seem totally weird, i'm only new to the whole Seahawks thing, but i'm in the middle of writing a novel book type thing, and i mention the Seahawks in it, admittedly, I actually based them on the 'seahawks' school team from Hilton Head Island High, but, being
a) 17 and b) from England, i know absolutley nothing about American football, and i've done what research i can and this Seahawks team seem really good, but i was just wondering if i can get some feedback about the team, so what the best part of a game is, how it's scored, player positions, best moments, best/favorite players, what makes it a great sport, the reality of the game and so on.
(Sorry, i had no idea where else to post this, but i would really, really appreciate any feedback about the team, or even just the game in general)

:)

JustLibby

Reaction score
Okay, thanks! Which part is the main forum, i'm really bad at using forums :lol:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Name: Richard
Born: Ketchikan, AK
Reside: Tacoma, WA
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Joe Jurevicius
Favorite Current Seahawks: Russ, Kam, Beast, Kearse
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Qwest, Husky Stadium
Other Stadiums I've been to: Autzen stadium,The rose garden, Key arena, Safeco field, Oracle arena
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Super bowl 48, and Kearse's touchdown in the NFCCG
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Final play of 49
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: The Replacements
Favorite Food: Lots. Although, my favorite quick meal has to be an Apple (red delicious) with peanut butter
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Not sure. I guess my navy seahawk logo sweatshirt. The wife digs it

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Name: David
Born: Los Angeles,CA on 12/2/1993
Reside: Kenmore,WA
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Steve Largent
Favorite Current Seahawk: Walter Jones, Aaron Curry, and Housh
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Huskies Stadium (although it was a practice instead of a game)
Other Stadiums I've Been To: Safecofield
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Tony Romo messing up the snap and Superbowl 40
Saddest Seahawk Memory: Superbowl 40
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: The Longest Yard
Favorite Food: Chicken Terriyaki and Sushi
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Autographs from Deon Grant, Lofa Tatupu, Jim Mora, Jim Mora Sr., Logan Payne, Darryl Tapp, and Bobby Engram.

GhostHawk

Reaction score
Name: Tim
Born: Lewiston Id. 06/25/1969
Reside: Lewiston Id.
Favorite All Time Seahawk: Jacob Green
Favorite Current Seahawk. Aaron Curry
Favorite Seahawk Memory: Super Bowl 40
Saddest seahawk Memory: Mack Strong Retiring
Favorite Food: Prime Rib
Favorit Souvenir: My seahawk Coffee cup

Snohomie

Reaction score
Seahawksfan425":39zqht9s said:
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Huskies Stadium (although it was a practice instead of a game)
Best Seahawk Souvenir: Autographs from Deon Grant, Lofa Tatupu, Jim Mora, Jim Mora Sr., Logan Payne, Darryl Tapp, and Bobby Engram.

A.) You just made me feel old. Cause I was 15 when I first started coming to this site, and now I look at 15 as being so young.

B.) How the heck is Steve Largent your favorite hawk? Being as how I am too young to remember him, you're waaaay too young to have seen him play unless it was old tapes. There has to be a story here, and a pretty good one.

Seahawksfan425

Reaction score
Snohomie":36lzj2hi said:
Seahawksfan425":36lzj2hi said:

A.) You just made me feel old. Cause I was 15 when I first started coming to this site, and now I look at 15 as being so young.

B.) How the heck is Steve Largent your favorite hawk? Being as how I am too young to remember him, you're waaaay too young to have seen him play unless it was old tapes. There has to be a story here, and a pretty good one.

Well Snohomie, I do have a story of how I became a Largent fan but I don't really know if you would consider it a good story but here it is, when I was about 9 I started watching the Seahawks and I barely knew anything about them or how the game of football was played but one time I was watching with my uncle when I was at his house and I heard someone say something on tv about Steve Largent being one of the greatest Seahawks player of all time and I asked my uncle, "Who is Steve Largent"? He told me he played a wide reciever for the Seahawks (Back then I had no clue what a wide reciever was) and I asked if he still plays for them he laughes and said "no, he retired and was inducted to the Hall of Fame." I had no clue what a "Hall of Fame" was so I asked him about it, he replied saying "The Hall of Fame is where all the extremely good football players go after they retire from the NFL." He then said wait here and went to go get something. He brought out a couple of really old tapes of some Seahawks games when Steve Largent played (I don't remember who the Seahawks were against or if he still has the tapes) and we watched some tapes and I was amazed at how good Steve Largent was and I guess he became my favorite player since he was the only person I knew from the Seahawks when I was 9 haha. So I guess you could say he was my first favorite seahawks player which made me put him as one one of my favorite seahawks of all time. So thats my story of me becoming a fan of Largent don't know if you would consider it a good story or not but thats how it happened.

Oh yeah and this video helped lock that spot for him :D
[youtube]n3XGAR3-lcM[/youtube]

Haha and sorry for making you feel old, how old are you now?

susitnagal

Reaction score
425- That was a good story and a great video!! Thanks for sharing :)

Oh and Ro you are so not old!

My turn:
Name: Susi-gal
Born: Anchorage, Ak
Reside: Wasilla, Ak
Favorite All-Time Seahawk: Chad Brown (wierd huh?)/Mack
Favorite Current Seahawk: Hass/Lofa
Places Other Than Seahawks Stadium Where I've Seen Hawks Play: Kingdome/ Raymond James Stadium
Favorite Seahawk Memory: NFC championship
Saddest Seahawk Memory: SB XL*
Favorite Football Movie Of All Time: The Express
Favorite Food: crab
Best Seahawk Souvenir: 12th man pin

Latest posts