NCAA '12 Demo Out

TravTex

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3givuqd5 said:
Is it worth getting NCAA 12 then? Got my brother to buy a copy of '11 when he was in Canada last year. They don't sell it over here so would be an expensive purchase with shipping/tax. Is it different enough to warrant the investment?

Just picked up NCAA 12 last night. I didn't actually play either of last year's offerings (I don't remember if I rented one or both, or immediately traded 'em or what... I don't have 'em now and didn't play them long if at all).

I like NCAA 12 so far -- The Road to Glory is vastly improved, although there are problems with it (Your road to glory is indeed a short one. My HB got recruited by the Hawgs and I'm second string less than halfway through my Freshman year... and I don't even know what the hell I'm doing, yet).

I -just- started a Dynasty, and I like starting with crap so... I took a job as the OC for the UNM Lobos. Cool that you can start out as an OC/DC and then start working your way to HC jobs. Kind of odd that you're placed in charge of all recruiting as a noob OC, but whatever.

Interested to see how the traits and tendencies they're trying to implement in this year's Madden play out.

Spounge84

Reaction score
Just picked up NCAA 12 for my PS3 last night. Anyone interested in an online dynasty or already have one started?

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
TravTex":24wo51ip said:
sammyc521":24wo51ip said:
I totally get the tedious nature of recruiting. I generally only go after guys when I'm in their top-3. I don't waste efforts on guys that fall outside of that.

Yeah, online franchise on PS3. I'm down.

I'm game, too -- Send on down whatever info? Might have a slow few weeks, though, as I'm moving in a week or so and have to go through the whole 'Where the hell do I put THIS wire?' thing, etc.

So where did you decide to move to? Tri Cities?

TravTex

Reaction score
travtex on ps3. (I think)

Finally got my new home setup all clicking and actually have an online PS3 that doesn't involve such extensive dicking around with things that I never actually do it.

A

Anonymous

I love the game (glad they brought coaching contracts back although claiming its a new feature when it was in the game a decade ago is weak).

Couple things they need to bring back:

Getting your school invited to change conferences (was in the game for a year or 2 and was a very cool feature especially for create-a-schools).
Getting put on probation, a great feature that existed for several years. Recruit too many players with bad awareness and you lose scholarships and got Bowl bans. It was fantastic.
Bring back the ability to create a playoff if you prefer it. You could do this in the PS1 days for goodness sake.

Improvements to what they already did:
Ability to adjust the BCS Bowls is awesome, should expand it to all Bowls.
Ability to create conferences is awesome, should let you completely eliminate a conference though (tried to create a bunch 16 team conferences but you can't take current conferences below 3 teams and you have to have 1 Independent), seems like something they could fix with a patch.

Overall, I am very happy with the product but it would be nice if they would bring all the best features of years past back.

Spounge84

Reaction score
TravTex":1kuqc94f said:
travtex on ps3. (I think)

Finally got my new home setup all clicking and actually have an online PS3 that doesn't involve such extensive dicking around with things that I never actually do it.

Just created an online dynasty and sent you an invite, Trav. If anyone else wants to join let me know.