Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:16 pm
  • First Impressions?

this is going to be a dope game thats my impression
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Re: NCAA '12 Demo Out
Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:02 pm
  • I was super pumped for it and have been pleased with it, but the new grass doesn't look as impressive during in game action as it was hyped and the CPU still cannot really run the ball no matter how hard it tries, also the stadium noises still are not that impressive and the commentary is still as dry as lasts years. On the other hand the human running seems much more fluid and real feeling and the new tackling system just feels more real. can't wait to get my hands on the online and offline dynasty as well as the updated road to glory mode.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:40 am
  • Amazon is offering NCAA 12 for the normal price, but you get a $20 credit toward another game plus some online bonuses and July 12th delivery.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:44 pm
  • Just played a game in the demo, and checked out the previews. I always buy NCAA and it's usually a pleasantly good product. But I wasn't following it with any sort of intensity til I downloaded the demo.

WOW.

Of course, I did UO v Texas. UO won 21-0 :).

The tackling system works better than I imagined it would. Zone coverage is tricky. Defense is loads of fun to play. Had a sweet 60 yard TD run with LaMichael James (who had dreads?) on a counter where the pulling guard went for the S (only real threat) rather than off the side chasing some LB on the opposite hash. You can access a real play-call choice from hurry-up. I've never done road to glory but I think I will this year, cause the coaching carousel looks like mad fun and the road to glory mode looks great. Finally have a reason not to just create 1 78ovr player for dynasty mode. EA really took the next step last year with both games, this looks like another very strong effort.

I immediately pre-ordered on Amazon. Thanks for sharing that, Sam. Sweet deal on top of a game that will torture me for the next few days. I better work extra hard at getting those job applications out before the 12th.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:21 pm
  • I had every intention of taking that Amazon offer too, however a mix-up with payroll is causeing my paycheck to be delayed... drats!
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:03 am
  • It's arriving tomorrow, but I don't know if I want to sleep-in and wait for it to come or wait by the door... I hope it doesn't come at the end of the day. I might go stir crazy.

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:56 am
  • I went to my local Walmart bout 2 hour ago and grabbed it, i'm hooked. I didn't buy Madden or NCAA last year I've been football game deprived.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 pm
  • Stupid Amazon Day-of Delivery... it's not here!

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 pm
  • 7 minutes later... it arrives.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 pm
  • How is the game? Im still debating if I should by this or Madden 12. Last year I picked Madden 11 over NCAA 11.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:21 am
  • Seahawksfan425 wrote:How is the game? Im still debating if I should by this or Madden 12. Last year I picked Madden 11 over NCAA 11.

Rent NCAA, buy Madden. Import your draft classes.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:57 am
  • Seahawksfan425 wrote:How is the game? Im still debating if I should by this or Madden 12. Last year I picked Madden 11 over NCAA 11.

So far it's a lot of fun. I always buy both, though I tried not to buy Madden last year (made it a month or so).

Tackling is both awesome and tougher. I'd gotten used to vacuum tackling for big hits, so I whiff A LOT at the moment. Having to completely relearn how to make tackles. But zone coverage is so much better, passing actually feels like an accomplishment whereas before I always knew I could march downfield with ease.

Blocking AI does seem smarter as well, I've had several runs where the OL was more important than the RB, which rarely happened before. Presentation is really good, and making your own playbook is downright awesome. It's also a lot harder to juke people out, that's been a challenge for me since I had the old stick moves down. Slant-and-flats is no longer automatic money play it once was.

Some flaws I've heard/experienced: Super-athletic LBs still exist, but that's existed for-freaking-ever. I guess some people have had issues getting their playbooks to work.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:24 pm
  • I think that NCAA is a deeper game than Madden due to the nature of recruiting versus the draft and FA.

Last year I got NCAA and opted out of Madden.

NCAA offers more than just the games if you're into the RPG aspect of building a program.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:02 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:I think that NCAA is a deeper game than Madden due to the nature of recruiting versus the draft and FA.

Last year I got NCAA and opted out of Madden.

NCAA offers more than just the games if you're into the RPG aspect of building a program.

Have you done much recruiting this year? The one thing I didn't like before was how time consuming recruiting was last year, and it wasn't really all that challenging after the 3rd or 4th week when you figured out what the recruit was interested in. It got monotonous to me.

Edit: BTW, want to try an online franchise again, Sam?
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:28 pm
  • I totally get the tedious nature of recruiting. I generally only go after guys when I'm in their top-3. I don't waste efforts on guys that fall outside of that.

Yeah, online franchise on PS3. I'm down.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:06 pm
  • Smurf wrote:
    Seahawksfan425 wrote:How is the game? Im still debating if I should by this or Madden 12. Last year I picked Madden 11 over NCAA 11.

Rent NCAA, buy Madden. Import your draft classes.

+10 I have been doing this for years
    please visit my amateur blog @ http://www.traumahawksrants.blogspot.com
    TraumaHawk2011
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:12 pm
  • I cannot believe cats actually go through the trouble of naming EVERY player on EVERY team including the coaches, friggin insane!

I did make themistake of doing RTG QB and going to Clemson over UW & Texas and not realizing all Clemson does is run the damn ball this sucks i gotta restart.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:14 am
  • Is it worth getting NCAA 12 then? Got my brother to buy a copy of '11 when he was in Canada last year. They don't sell it over here so would be an expensive purchase with shipping/tax. Is it different enough to warrant the investment?
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:37 am
  • I don't know if it's that much of an improvement over 11... It's great but I don't think sports games are an every year purchase myself.

sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:42 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:I totally get the tedious nature of recruiting. I generally only go after guys when I'm in their top-3. I don't waste efforts on guys that fall outside of that.

I'm game, too -- Send on down whatever info? Might have a slow few weeks, though, as I'm moving in a week or so and have to go through the whole 'Where the hell do I put THIS wire?' thing, etc.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Is it worth getting NCAA 12 then? Got my brother to buy a copy of '11 when he was in Canada last year. They don't sell it over here so would be an expensive purchase with shipping/tax. Is it different enough to warrant the investment?

Just picked up NCAA 12 last night. I didn't actually play either of last year's offerings (I don't remember if I rented one or both, or immediately traded 'em or what... I don't have 'em now and didn't play them long if at all).

I like NCAA 12 so far -- The Road to Glory is vastly improved, although there are problems with it (Your road to glory is indeed a short one. My HB got recruited by the Hawgs and I'm second string less than halfway through my Freshman year... and I don't even know what the hell I'm doing, yet).

I -just- started a Dynasty, and I like starting with crap so... I took a job as the OC for the UNM Lobos. Cool that you can start out as an OC/DC and then start working your way to HC jobs. Kind of odd that you're placed in charge of all recruiting as a noob OC, but whatever.

Interested to see how the traits and tendencies they're trying to implement in this year's Madden play out.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:31 pm
  • Just picked up NCAA 12 for my PS3 last night. Anyone interested in an online dynasty or already have one started?
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am
  • TravTex wrote:
    sammyc521 wrote:I totally get the tedious nature of recruiting. I generally only go after guys when I'm in their top-3. I don't waste efforts on guys that fall outside of that.

I'm game, too -- Send on down whatever info? Might have a slow few weeks, though, as I'm moving in a week or so and have to go through the whole 'Where the hell do I put THIS wire?' thing, etc.

So where did you decide to move to? Tri Cities?
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:26 pm
  • So... dudes... is there like an online dynasty thing or what the hell?
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 pm
  • Hell let's start one!
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:40 pm
  • travtex on ps3. (I think)

Finally got my new home setup all clicking and actually have an online PS3 that doesn't involve such extensive dicking around with things that I never actually do it.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:50 pm
  • I love the game (glad they brought coaching contracts back although claiming its a new feature when it was in the game a decade ago is weak).

Couple things they need to bring back:

Getting your school invited to change conferences (was in the game for a year or 2 and was a very cool feature especially for create-a-schools).
    Getting put on probation, a great feature that existed for several years. Recruit too many players with bad awareness and you lose scholarships and got Bowl bans. It was fantastic.
    Bring back the ability to create a playoff if you prefer it. You could do this in the PS1 days for goodness sake.

Improvements to what they already did:
    Ability to adjust the BCS Bowls is awesome, should expand it to all Bowls.
    Ability to create conferences is awesome, should let you completely eliminate a conference though (tried to create a bunch 16 team conferences but you can't take current conferences below 3 teams and you have to have 1 Independent), seems like something they could fix with a patch.

Overall, I am very happy with the product but it would be nice if they would bring all the best features of years past back.
    MARTYREDwarner

Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 am
  • TravTex wrote:travtex on ps3. (I think)

Finally got my new home setup all clicking and actually have an online PS3 that doesn't involve such extensive dicking around with things that I never actually do it.

Just created an online dynasty and sent you an invite, Trav. If anyone else wants to join let me know.
    Spounge84
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information