Madden 10 Online Franchise (Who Wants In?)

TravTex

Reaction score
This is almost worth the rearrangement of my house it would require to get my 360 close enough to my modem to take advantage of my XBL account.

Is this just a season, or is there an annual draft, etc?

Smurf

Reaction score
TravTex":30gm4l5o said:
This is almost worth the rearrangement of my house it would require to get my 360 close enough to my modem to take advantage of my XBL account.

Is this just a season, or is there an annual draft, etc?

DO IT!

We will all be very sad if you dont trav...we might even decide to murder puppies and kittens.

TravTex

Reaction score
Gotta figure out the logistics (Much moving of furniture, TVs, and various wires and cables would be involved), but this sounds like the kind of thing that would interest me. Fill me in on details? Times? Dates? Blah blah?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I can't lie I am not ever really into this type of stuff in years past in madden since I usually play online so much, but I am pumped for this online franchise.

OP
OP
N

nategreat

Reaction score
TravTex":2bjnmgu4 said:
Gotta figure out the logistics (Much moving of furniture, TVs, and various wires and cables would be involved), but this sounds like the kind of thing that would interest me. Fill me in on details? Times? Dates? Blah blah?

Well nothing's really worked out right now as far as the details. First, we've all gotta get the game- maybe a little practice time first? We'll vote on how we want it all laid out- how long we have to play each week, etc. I'm not exactly sure how the Online Franchise is gonna work yet, but we'll figure it all out and have a discussion on how we want the league to be.

No worries right now, we're gonna try and be as flexible as we can. We can wait for you to set your system so you can join before we start- at least I don't mind, if the others don't. Or maybe there's even an option where you can join after we start.

You should join though, you knowwww it sounds AWESOME.

Update:

me- Eagles
Blitzer- Seahawks
ElDoceHombre- Falcons
Smurf- Vikings
TheYugo- Pats
SundayNite- Chargers
JGreen79- Ravens
JKent82- Texans

TravTex

Reaction score
Any conference preferences? At the moment, it looks like everybody is represented except the weiners of the AFC-North. I'm half-tempted to bask in total hatred with Dallas... or possibly give people air attack fits with NOLA. Hrm.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
Nobody's the Saints yet cause that means they'd get squashed by me twice a season :mrgreen:

FPD

Reaction score
If you guys need more people/attention, just let me know and I'll temporarily move this thread to the main forum (like we did with the NET fantasy leagues). Although, it does look like your league is nearly full. Too bad I suck at these types of games!

I almost exclusively play Rock Band or the Guitar Heroes.

OP
OP
N

nategreat

Reaction score
FPD":3quni60l said:
If you guys need more people/attention, just let me know and I'll temporarily move this thread to the main forum (like we did with the NET fantasy leagues). Although, it does look like your league is nearly full. Too bad I suck at these types of games!

I almost exclusively play Rock Band or the Guitar Heroes.

Hey that would be great FPD- we can have up to 32 people in the league, one for each team. Maybe temporarily moving this to the main forum will pick up at least a few more people. Thanks!

I'll have to shred with you some day on Rock Band.

TravTex

Reaction score
So, I thinking of just getting a 100' ethernet cable and defiling my staircase so I can get the XBL going. (Wonder if this will work? I don't want to go build a wireless network and buy adapters... 200 bucks in for a game is something even I can't creatively justify.)

Meanwhile... still thinking about teams.

Cowboys: I like the idea of being the most hated team in the league... but it's Cowboys.
NY Jets: The Sanchez Story could potentially be fun... but it feels odd for a South Texas redneck to be running a DamnYankee team.
Titans: Pretty scary team, has to be thrown into the list of Potential Champions... but they bore me for some reason.
Saints: Wicked awesome passing attack... scrawny weiner defense.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
lol nate now that you have vick i officially hate you! trav man you ought ta see my setup. I have my xbox on a 20' cable going to a 5 port router that is connected to my PC, and my PC is connected to my wifi hub lol. its a big circle. You can do wifi for remarkably cheap, like $50 cheap. Is your xbox near your pc?

TravTex

Reaction score
PC's upstairs, XBox is downstairs. Going to have to run about a 75 or 100' ethernet cable around the corner and down the stairs... OR take a flyer on setting up a wireless network in the townhome which may or may not work without the pricey XBL adapter. Considering that I'm only going to be living there another few months, after which I can set things up however the hell I like at the new house, I think I'd rather just suck it up, get some 'lectrical tape, and strap a cable to the stairs.

On the downside, it's 100' of cable for The Neko to chew upon. We'll see how it works out.

Smurf

Reaction score
Go with the ethernet cable trav, and when your done on XBL for the day, just roll it up.

SmokeyHawk

Reaction score
I'm in, I'll take the gnats..
gamertag is htown78
probably picking up the game at lunch today.

-SH

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Ok I have the game and I love it, but my only problem is that its hard as hell to generate a pass rush with the Hawks...

Latest posts