I don't get the love for motion controllers...

JesterHawk

Reaction score
So...nobody uses their Wii...it's the best seller...Sony an MS are scrambling to catch up...what was the question?

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
"Twilight" is a best-selling series...

I think the Wii is fun but after swinging my arms for an hour, I'd rather play a controller that doesn't require flailing my arms around.

Since I've moved into my new place, my Wii has been in a box for over 6 months...

A

Anonymous

sammyc521":32lxlad9 said:
"Twilight" is a best-selling series...

I think the Wii is fun but after swinging my arms for an hour, I'd rather play a controller that doesn't require flailing my arms around.

Since I've moved into my new place, my Wii has been in a box for over 6 months...

Which is why I am guessing Nintendo has released games that don't require motion too.

Galen96

Reaction score
Well, concidering motion control took the gamecube and made it into competition with the 360 and ps3, I'd say motion control is the way of the future.. could you imagine if the WII was actually a next-generation system and not just a refit?

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I got a kinect. I wasn't overly impressed with it at PAX, but that it was a fun little thing. My wife and kids wanted to get it pretty bad so I bought a new Xbox Slim with Kinect Bundle and a copy of Dance Central. The pack in game Kinect Adventures is kinda cute, but not really anything with lasting appeal. Dance Central however is really awesome. It's made by Harmonix (Creators of Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises), it teaches you coreographed (sp) dance routines to old hip hop and r&b songs and is wonderful use of the technology. My family played it for HOURS last night, and I can see this game getting a ton of use. I think it comes down to the software companies. Make crappy games, Kinect will suck. Make awesome games and put work into using the tech right, Kinect will revolutionize gaming.

One thing that completely tripped me out was telling my xbox to do things with voice commands. Felt like Star Trek or something. Awesome!

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
One thing that everyone needs to remember is that this thing wasn't made for "hardcore gamers" at all. It's made for the casual soccer mom, or a way for parents and kids to connect and play together. Some people are afraid of a controller with a million buttons, and the Kinect allows them to jump right in and enjoy a game without having to learn any complicated button presses. I think that alone will make this a huge success.

Smurf

Reaction score
I use my kinect daily. Love it. I usually play it a little before I go for a workout or to play ball with the guys. It helps loosen me up and get ready to do actual physical activities.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
sammyc521":3pzn0o84 said:
Anyone else?

My brother in law brought over his Kinect a few days ago. We had some fun with it.

I'm still not sure I get the point of this thread.

I don't get how people like "Twilight" but I won't deny that it is successful. Just because you're not in the particular market doesn't make it a bad product. At this point, motion control is gimmicky, but it's different, and it's fun. If it can advance in complexity of control and we end up with interactivity like in "Minority Report" or "Iron Man" then you'll access a larger crowd.

Right now video game purists are probably avoiding it since it's not the fastest way to access things, a traditional controller is faster, but that is because we're stuck with the old styles of games and menus. When they develop the technology more fully, it will be some cool shit.

Think back to the original Gameboy. Who would want that crap? Black and white, horrible graphics. Look at handheld gaming today. Insert motion control in about a decade and you'll have the same thing.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1ye2qw1o said:
I'm still not sure I get the point of this thread.
Motion control can't live up to the hype; it's too slow, too unresponsive, inaccurate and limited. That's the point. I don't buy the hype. Everyone is selling it based off potential and the future, not what's currently available.
I don't get how people like "Twilight" but I won't deny that it is successful. Just because you're not in the particular market doesn't make it a bad product. At this point, motion control is gimmicky, but it's different, and it's fun. If it can advance in complexity of control and we end up with interactivity like in "Minority Report" or "Iron Man" then you'll access a larger crowd.
Again, we are living off of potential that is years away. I'm not saying no one should buy it, but I am asking what's its appeal to everyone else. You know... promoting discussion.
Right now video game purists are probably avoiding it since it's not the fastest way to access things, a traditional controller is faster, but that is because we're stuck with the old styles of games and menus. When they develop the technology more fully, it will be some cool shit.

Think back to the original Gameboy. Who would want that crap? Black and white, horrible graphics. Look at handheld gaming today. Insert motion control in about a decade and you'll have the same thing.
You are comparing the Gameboy against current media... why not bring back the Atari while you're at it.

The Gameboy was revolutionary because it was true mobile gaming. No one cares that it was dot-matrix screen with 8 shades of green/black; Tetris. End of discussion.

I don't get the love for flying cars either...

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Starwars kinect dancing 3

Star War Kinect came out... So anyone still playing motion games?

It's been a year since this thread has last seen any action; just wanted to know if people have seen improvement in the games.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I traded my kinect into game stop for a discount along with that horrible Homefront game for BF3.

I don't get it, I don't play video games to get active, I play 'em to chill out. If I want to move around I got a basketball court down the street or I'll go for a walk.

also got a WII thats cool when you got people over and you wanna beat their asses in Wii Bowling, other than that i don't really have a use for it.

I know the new Tiger Woods game has motion control, and weren't they suppose to release a NFL Combine game for the Kinect?

on the topic of ADD, my ADD is BAD!