Call of Duty: Black Ops

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Found BC2 Ultimate for $40 on Amazon. Suppose to arrive Friday... Two days after Mass Effect 2.

Now if I could use my TV...

Snohomie

Reaction score
sammyc521":2gub57ux said:
Found BC2 Ultimate for $40 on Amazon. Suppose to arrive Friday... Two days after Mass Effect 2.

Sweet! About BC2, I mean. What's with the TV? Kid/Wife want the wiggles instead (this one is for you, ElDoce)?

Vetamur

Reaction score
Finally found the time to play BlackOps and finish it over the last couple of days. That was fun. And short. Will play it online when I can. Should be good.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Snohomie":1iprglk6 said:
sammyc521":1iprglk6 said:

Sweet! About BC2, I mean. What's with the TV? Kid/Wife want the wiggles instead (this one is for you, ElDoce)?
Pretty much.

TravTex

Reaction score
Sorry, Kyle -- The second I mentioned it, I went on a NBA 2K11 frenzy... Now I'm on a Mass Effect 2 frenzy. Will be back to blowing crap up soon enough. My last few runs, I was playing some serious Tank King with an Engineer. 1.) Blow crap up. 2.) Jump out and fix your tank. 3.) Blow more crap up.

Snohomie

Reaction score
lol no worries Trav. I'm in the playoffs in my "Seattle" 2k11 franchise myself. Barely eeked out a last-second win vs your Spurs to win the series. (Denver next)

Plus, the last couple of days whenever I try to get into a room it throws me into a room with 5 or fewer people. Maddening.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Bad Company 2 was delivered yesterday... to my office after I had already left. Can't wait to open it up and start blowing up some buildings. Any tips?

Trav, I'm playing Mass Effect 2 as soon as everyone goes to bed... haven't gotten very far. Digging it a lot more than Dragon Age. Gave up on that game.

TravTex

Reaction score
Snohomie":omvdnkxr said:
lol no worries Trav. I'm in the playoffs in my "Seattle" 2k11 franchise myself. Barely eeked out a last-second win vs your Spurs to win the series. (Denver next)

Plus, the last couple of days whenever I try to get into a room it throws me into a room with 5 or fewer people. Maddening.

I keep meaning to do a franchise, but have been having fun with MP. My 5'9" 3pt Point Guard was working on an interesting career before I did the 'Think I have the controls figured out' restart. Drafted by Knicks in mid-late 2nd round, traded with Roger Mason to the Thunder... who somehow decided to move him into the starting lineup, bumping MW back to SG. OKC -then- traded for Marcus Camby -- Trade-happy GM.

My new MP career got me drafted 2nd round early to the 'Blazers. My first Summer Circuit game was a bizarre freakish thing where I got 6 points, 7 boards, and 9 assists. Yeah... 5'9", grabbing 7 rebounds.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Seriously... 1.76 GB update for BC2?

If I ever get to play this game tonight, it'll be a miracle.

Snohomie

Reaction score
sammyc521":123cseur said:
Seriously... 1.76 GB update for BC2?

If I ever get to play this game tonight, it'll be a miracle.

Jeez. I hadn't realized it was that big.

Tips:
Rocks are reliable cover (as long as they fully obscure you), which is pretty rare.

Always be in a squad so you can respawn on the front lines. If you notice your squadmates are dead, try to stay alive til they can spawn on you. Critical to actually win.

Medkits, Resupply Boxes, and Motion Mines are great ways to get experience even without killing someone. Drop them everywhere.

When you level up Recon a bit, you can get a pointer on your rifle that makes guys appear to your teammates. Don't be like me and ignore it, you get points for that too.

Pistols are actually good guns. Aim for the headshot if possible, but if you don't like the early guns, you can do worse than a M9.

When playing as medic, use your pistol in close-quarters. It's not as bulky to control as the machine gun.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Finally got on. Just finished playing with my co-worker... wondering if I should bust out my bluetooth headset.

Really digging it even though I don't know what I'm doing and my aim is pretty piss poor. Working as a squad is really nice compared to COD:MW where everyone is just going rogue. Can see how the gamers playing a long time have a weapons advantage but I'm not bothered by it.

At least there isn't a goddamn UAV killing me from out of nowhere every 5 seconds.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, I need to get some more BC time in soon before I start to suffer Horrifying Skills Atrophy. Was getting to the point where I could pretty consistently wind up at the top of the pack... You do rack up points pretty quickly doing teamwork/support stuff. (Resupply, Repair, Heal, Spot -- The points accumulate more quickly than you'd think. Killing a whole squad with a forgotten tank mine doesn't hurt, either.)

And, of course, there are some days where I can't seem to accomplish ANYthing and just want to scream at my TV, "FUUUUUUUUUU-"

Anyone playing Vietnam?

Smurf

Reaction score
Mass Effect 2 is honestly one of the best games I have ever played. Its even better if you have played mass effect 1. Less than a year away from mass effect 3!

BC2 is also really awesome. My favorite multilayer shooter (Campaign I prefer Halo), although you have to play it on Hardcore.

Latest posts