Call of Duty: Black Ops

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Damnit...I was so pumped and jacked to get it in the mail today....but of course it didn't come today so I have to wait till tomorrow.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
Just finished the SP in 2 after-work sessions. It is way better than MW2. It's only like 6 hours, but holy shit there isn't a moment where you're not blown away...to those who have beaten it already...base jumping.

...plus the...eh..."end level", that was pretty sick.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
6 Hours to beat a game? That's terrible in my eye. I'm not asking for a 20+ hour grind... but to be able to finish a game in one sitting is weaksauce.

Yes, I know all about the multi-player, but I think games should be able to stand as a single-player game. If not, why even bother offering single-player. That's why I think a game like TF2 is better than any other FPS out there. It is and always will be a multiple-player game that requires a true team to succeed.
/end rant.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
sammyc521":3a9tshbv said:
6 Hours to beat a game? That's terrible in my eye. I'm not asking for a 20+ hour grind... but to be able to finish a game in one sitting is weaksauce.

Yes, I know all about the multi-player, but I think games should be able to stand as a single-player game. If not, why even bother offering single-player. That's why I think a game like TF2 is better than any other FPS out there. It is and always will be a multiple-player game that requires a true team to succeed.
/end rant.

I feel the same way...all the HL games are closer to 15-20 I think and those are awesome. The story for this one is awesome, but yes, it kinda sucks to pay $60 for something that you finish in 2 days

acer1240

Reaction score
I've tried this on the pc and I'd have to say the single player campaign was pretty good. I still believe that Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the better game overall though. I can't seem to get enough of that one.

Dietrich

Reaction score
I'm getting a little better in multiplayer. I've had the most success using the Famas w/ acog scope attached. For my perks I'm using scavenger, hardened and second chance.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
Pretty solid game. I'd give it a solid A. The Combat Training, while generally worthless, is a pretty good way to get the hang of the multiplayer experience.

Snohomie

Reaction score
How do you guys rate the multiplayer now that you've had a bit of time with it? Debating the upgrade from MW2 to Black Ops.

TravTex

Reaction score
So, I went with Bad Company 2. Been playing hardcore mode and having a blast. BC2: Vietnam drops sometime this month, I think. (Just yesterday morning I snuck around a corner and lo and behold was an entire 4-man squad sneaking along right ahead of me. Chuck a grenade, then go all Rambo on their asses as they tried to scatter. Bwahahaha...)

nategreat

Reaction score
Bad Company 2 is awesome- it seems more tactical (not very tactical, but at least MORE tactical), more in line with Ghost Recon, as opposed to Call of Duty. That's one of the reasons I like it. People can complain about "camping" all they want, but really, it's a war game- who is really going to go running around in the middle of the road? Haha... and there's nothing quite like blowing through most of the environment- blowing buildings to the ground never gets old.

TravTex

Reaction score
I tend to like running Recon. Throw out some motion sensors, skulk around. I just finished a round with 7 destroyed vehicles, haha. If you find a good sniper's nest, yeah, I guess one could be accused of camping, but really... once they get a bead on your location you can get hosed pretty fast.

Love the destructible everything. See some dude sneak into a building, punch an RPG through the wall...

Snohomie

Reaction score
I went with BC2, absolutely loving it so far. Though sometimes my team/squad frustrates me so badly. Nothing like playing rush with 10 snipers and 1 guy defending each objective.

TravTex

Reaction score
Snohomie":38mpwn1y said:
I went with BC2, absolutely loving it so far. Though sometimes my team/squad frustrates me so badly. Nothing like playing rush with 10 snipers and 1 guy defending each objective.

Hey, Kyle. Catch me online, sometime (I think I still see you logging in occasionally), and we'll shoot at one another.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Feeling the itch to buy a shooter... Black Ops sounds like more of the same COD-online; I'm intrigued by Bad Company 2.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Get it Sammy!

BC2 is a blast. It really sucks early on before you start getting good weapons and such, but I'm only level 12 or 13 and I've unlocked some quality weapons, last couple of nights I've been top-3 (of 20+) in room. Plus, you can just follow my strategy and pick up the kits (weapons and items) from dead people on the ground til you get good guns. FWIW, the first couple of pistols are actually legit.

Very team-oriented. Which is usually good, sometimes maddening when the entire room decides to go (recon) sniper and nobody worries about the objectives, but it's not that bad a problem usually.

(Trav - I swear, I haven't seen you logged in once on BC2. Send me a message if you see me online, I'm bad about checking that sort of thing but I'll keep my eyes peeled and we can blow stuff up!)