Lol @ BMW's ESPN fantasy prediction this week

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • They predict him to get 13 points - which is cool. Totally works for me. In the description/summary for him this week, however, is this:

    "Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Arm of Hasselbeck will sling."

    That made me laugh out loud in real life. It's almost like...I don't know, they're just playing on the "well, nobody saw this coming" aspect of BMW being a starting #1 in the league this year.

    BMW, I hope you have a great game and show Nnamdi that NOBODY shuts you down. :D



    Edit: here's a screenshot of it:

    Image
    Last edited by RolandDeschain on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24844
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • RolandDeschain wrote:They predict him to get 13 points - which is cool. Totally works for me. In the description/summary for him this week, however, is this:

    "Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Arm of Hasselbeck will sling."

    That made me laugh out loud in real life. It's almost like...I don't know, they're just playing on the "well, nobody saw this coming" aspect of BMW being a starting #1 in the league this year.

    BMW, I hope you have a great game and show Nnamdi that NOBODY shuts you down. :D



    I think they're just writing that because the game is on Halloween. I second that I hope he burns Asomugha into a million smoldering pieces.
    User avatar
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *
     
    Posts: 1874
    Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:30 pm
    Location: Lynnwood, WA


  • Fox0r wrote:I think they're just writing that because the game is on Halloween. I second that I hope he burns Asomugha into a million smoldering pieces.


    Aye, and I like it because it seems to work on multiple levels. All of my other players have regular projections, and then here's BMW having an "out there" summary, lol.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24844
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • I would love to see that but I am sitting Mike Williams this week. Asomugha is every bit the physical freak at corner that Mike is at WR and Mike just isn't the route runner he needs to be.

    Moreover, Hass will not be able to put it where he needs to this week.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Image
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    User avatar
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2934
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
    Location: Hamilton


  • I'm keeping BMW in as a starter, but I'm not expecting much. I'm HOPING for much, but not expecting it. Nnamdi is scary.

    However...IF BMW has a great day, that will tell us a hell of a lot.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 24844
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:I would love to see that but I am sitting Mike Williams this week. Asomugha is every bit the physical freak at corner that Mike is at WR and Mike just isn't the route runner he needs to be.

    Moreover, Hass will not be able to put it where he needs to this week.


    Williams put up over 100 Yds and a TD against Asomugha in 2002, USC vs CAL
    User avatar
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *
     
    Posts: 2798
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:00 am


  • I'm sitting Williams as well, but that's because Pierre Garcon and Dwayne Bowe have such easy matchups. I wouldn't be terribly worried if I did have to start him.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


  • since andre johnson's off bye week im starting him over Mike lol
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 19080
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Thats funny!
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 10966
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • ElDoceHombre wrote:
    TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:I would love to see that but I am sitting Mike Williams this week. Asomugha is every bit the physical freak at corner that Mike is at WR and Mike just isn't the route runner he needs to be.

    Moreover, Hass will not be able to put it where he needs to this week.


    Williams put up over 100 Yds and a TD against Asomugha in 2002, USC vs CAL


    The fact that eight years ago, Williams put up good numbers against him isn't quite the glowing recommendation I would need.

    Since then of course Williams has been out of football for 4 years and been not improving for another 3.

    Asomugha has become the best (yes - better than Revis no matter what the East Coast press says - Revis loses the size match up frequently) cover corner in the NFL.

    Mike Williams has the physical attributes to match up against anyone in the league but I still think he needs more time before he starts abusing EVERY CB in the league.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Image
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    User avatar
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2934
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm
    Location: Hamilton


  • That was also Carson Palmer throwing the ball to Williams. Agreed, Hasselbeck will not have the precision to beat Asomugha anywhere downfield. I'm thinking Carlson puts up or shuts up this week.
    User avatar
    Everett Hawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:27 am
    Location: Everett, WA


  • Everett Hawk wrote:That was also Carson Palmer throwing the ball to Williams. Agreed, Hasselbeck will not have the precision to beat Asomugha anywhere downfield. I'm thinking Carlson puts up or shuts up this week.


    And Carson Palmer is so much better than Hasselbeck :sarcasm_off:

    Expect to see a lot of 6-8 yard slants. Williams is unstoppable on these routes and I don't care who the CB is.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    User avatar
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *
     
    Posts: 2961
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA




It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: jdblack and 5 guests