Lol @ BMW's ESPN fantasy prediction this week

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They predict him to get 13 points - which is cool. Totally works for me. In the description/summary for him this week, however, is this:

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Arm of Hasselbeck will sling."

That made me laugh out loud in real life. It's almost like...I don't know, they're just playing on the "well, nobody saw this coming" aspect of BMW being a starting #1 in the league this year.

BMW, I hope you have a great game and show Nnamdi that NOBODY shuts you down. :D

Edit: here's a screenshot of it:

bmwweek8espnprojection.png

Fox0r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":27hh4dxy said:
They predict him to get 13 points - which is cool. Totally works for me. In the description/summary for him this week, however, is this:

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting, Arm of Hasselbeck will sling."

That made me laugh out loud in real life. It's almost like...I don't know, they're just playing on the "well, nobody saw this coming" aspect of BMW being a starting #1 in the league this year.

BMW, I hope you have a great game and show Nnamdi that NOBODY shuts you down. :D

I think they're just writing that because the game is on Halloween. I second that I hope he burns Asomugha into a million smoldering pieces.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fox0r":1o74tf7b said:
I think they're just writing that because the game is on Halloween. I second that I hope he burns Asomugha into a million smoldering pieces.

Aye, and I like it because it seems to work on multiple levels. All of my other players have regular projections, and then here's BMW having an "out there" summary, lol.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I would love to see that but I am sitting Mike Williams this week. Asomugha is every bit the physical freak at corner that Mike is at WR and Mike just isn't the route runner he needs to be.

Moreover, Hass will not be able to put it where he needs to this week.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm keeping BMW in as a starter, but I'm not expecting much. I'm HOPING for much, but not expecting it. Nnamdi is scary.

However...IF BMW has a great day, that will tell us a hell of a lot.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3emeirdn said:
I would love to see that but I am sitting Mike Williams this week. Asomugha is every bit the physical freak at corner that Mike is at WR and Mike just isn't the route runner he needs to be.

Williams put up over 100 Yds and a TD against Asomugha in 2002, USC vs CAL

Rat

Reaction score
I'm sitting Williams as well, but that's because Pierre Garcon and Dwayne Bowe have such easy matchups. I wouldn't be terribly worried if I did have to start him.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
ElDoceHombre":39nq0iqw said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":39nq0iqw said:

Williams put up over 100 Yds and a TD against Asomugha in 2002, USC vs CAL

The fact that eight years ago, Williams put up good numbers against him isn't quite the glowing recommendation I would need.

Since then of course Williams has been out of football for 4 years and been not improving for another 3.

Asomugha has become the best (yes - better than Revis no matter what the East Coast press says - Revis loses the size match up frequently) cover corner in the NFL.

Mike Williams has the physical attributes to match up against anyone in the league but I still think he needs more time before he starts abusing EVERY CB in the league.

Everett Hawk

Reaction score
That was also Carson Palmer throwing the ball to Williams. Agreed, Hasselbeck will not have the precision to beat Asomugha anywhere downfield. I'm thinking Carlson puts up or shuts up this week.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Everett Hawk":7ahlhwdx said:
That was also Carson Palmer throwing the ball to Williams. Agreed, Hasselbeck will not have the precision to beat Asomugha anywhere downfield. I'm thinking Carlson puts up or shuts up this week.

And Carson Palmer is so much better than Hasselbeck :sarcasm_off:

Expect to see a lot of 6-8 yard slants. Williams is unstoppable on these routes and I don't care who the CB is.