So things were going good...

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
So things were going good...
Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:20 pm
  • My opponent had finished...I had 3 left to play, down 30.

Cutler
    Randy Moss
    AaronHernandez

I figured it would be a cinch. Even if Cutler didn't play well, he's gotta be good for 15...instead, he goes in at the half giving me negative points and doesn't come out of the locker room.

FML.

Now I need 30 + from Moss and a rookie TE.
    Gooooo Brady.
    My Tapatalk is better than Dom's.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Re: So things were going good...
Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:31 am
  • I won one of my games this week because Vick got hurt and Kolb only threw to his RBs and TEs..my opponent had Vick and DeSean Jackson.

I would think a good fantasy rule would be getting to designate a second QB whose points you only get to use if your first QB leaves injured.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:26 am
  • Yeah...I have Vick in another league, and I had Kevin Colb in week 1...
    Not doing well with thr QBs.
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 am
  • What really pisses me off is that Sanchez was available in my league and I tried to pick him up but had to settle for Vick instead.....Whee!
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:46 am
  • On the advice of Sammy etc I started Sanchez or Hass which I thought was a close call since we were at the Rams..glad I listened to the guys here.
    “If somebody thinks they're a hedgehog, presumably you just give them a mirror and a few pictures of hedgehogs and tell them to sort it out for themselves.”
    Vetamur
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:49 am
  • Yeah, vick screwed one of my teams. I knew I should have gone with rivers. I'm up by 15 with Hernandez left to play, but he's got brady. I guess I better hope Brady throws all his tds to him. In my other league I'm up by 30 with the same situation. Andre Johnson not playing hurt me on that one, but luckily my opponent started Dwayne Bowe.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    SeaDiddy
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:44 pm
  • I am doing OK with QBs in both my leagues(until last weekend, I have Cutler in the ESPN league).
    I have Brady, Palmer, and Bradford in one league and Cutler, Bradford in another.
    Brady has been playing well but not like I thought he would, however, in that league I drafted very well. I have Arian Foster, Javid Best, Reggie Wayne, Hakeem Nicks, Brandon Lloyd, Kevin Walter, Jabbar Gafney, and a stellar Defense(we use IDP's and no Team D).
    I was saved in my ESPN league by TO. Covered Cutler's loss. I still have Brandon Marshall and Wes Welker to go.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:41 pm
  • So, thanks to a lights out performance by NE defense and ST...Moss wan't needed at all and they stopped passing almost completely in the 2nd half leaving me with a gaping hole for Moss and only 12 for Hernandez.
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:51 pm
  • Vetamur wrote:I would think a good fantasy rule would be getting to designate a second QB whose points you only get to use if your first QB leaves injured.

That would be cool. I got screwed by the Vick injury this week, and the scoring in that league is such that w/o QB points, it's simply impossible to win.
    TyrantHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:23 pm
  • JesterHawk wrote:So, thanks to a lights out performance by NE defense and ST...Moss wan't needed at all and they stopped passing almost completely in the 2nd half leaving me with a gaping hole for Moss and only 12 for Hernandez.

Another guy in my league lost by a point because Moss had no yardage. Ouch, he waited anxiously the whole game for just 10 yards that never came.
    six sigma
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information