Madden 11

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smurf":1pernl8u said:
RolandDeschain":1pernl8u said:
Fine, if you interpreted it that way...but some of us don't like bottom-feeding in regards to video games. Consoles nowadays are like an average 4-door sedan, a good gaming computer is like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Some of us don't want the average gaming experience. If you think that's elitist, so be it. I've got legitimate reasons as to why I prefer computer gaming over console gaming in a major way.

Sort of offended at the "bottom-feeding in regards to video games" bit...My console gaming experience is by no means average. Its not like I am sitting here playing GameCube. I love and enjoy every second of my gaming with my console. It just isn't so with my PC, or even with great PC's I have used.

Controller > Keyboard & Mouse

That's fine, you have a personal preference for controllers. I've got no problem with that. I've got a preference for keyboard & mouse that I could, if I spent enough time on it, prove categorically is superior to a controller for most types of video games. One could do the same thing with cars in any given category and prove that one is overall better than the other, that doesn't mean everyone's going to go with the "technically better" one.

I prefer PC gaming for more than just the keyboard and mouse; though that is a large part of it.

@Galen: I may end up having to do that for the next major round of consoles. The reason I haven't purchased a 360 is because the ONLY game I'd play on it is Madden. What is that, $450 to play Madden?

Galen96

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2uyhlh2w said:
Smurf":2uyhlh2w said:
RolandDeschain":2uyhlh2w said:
Fine, if you interpreted it that way...but some of us don't like bottom-feeding in regards to video games. Consoles nowadays are like an average 4-door sedan, a good gaming computer is like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Some of us don't want the average gaming experience. If you think that's elitist, so be it. I've got legitimate reasons as to why I prefer computer gaming over console gaming in a major way.

Sort of offended at the "bottom-feeding in regards to video games" bit...My console gaming experience is by no means average. Its not like I am sitting here playing GameCube. I love and enjoy every second of my gaming with my console. It just isn't so with my PC, or even with great PC's I have used.

Controller > Keyboard & Mouse

That's fine, you have a personal preference for controllers. I've got no problem with that. I've got a preference for keyboard & mouse that I could, if I spent enough time on it, prove categorically is superior to a controller for most types of video games. One could do the same thing with cars in any given category and prove that one is overall better than the other, that doesn't mean everyone's going to go with the "technically better" one.

I prefer PC gaming for more than just the keyboard and mouse; though that is a large part of it.

@Galen: I may end up having to do that for the next major round of consoles. The reason I haven't purchased a 360 is because the ONLY game I'd play on it is Madden. What is that, $450 to play Madden?

you can probably score a 360 for between $100 and $150 used or refurbished... even less if its on craigslist with a broken dvd rom... (35-40 bucks fix) and the game for around 60... that puts you significantly lower than your $450 estimate. I have an XIM2 controller that allows me to use my pc mouse and keyboard as well for any games I choose... very cool hardware/software combo.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
This lack of attention to Franchise Mode is getting near unforgivable. Why the hell they didn't just bring the pretty decent FM from the last gen to this one is baffling to me since it was pretty damned good then and could have been great with a few more tweaks. I had HIGH hopes for this year since I'd read that the guy responsible for Head Coach a few years ago (which was a great game that kept me off madden for two years) was given the task of restoring Franchise Mode to glory. Did they yank him off that or something, because I don't see a single change. I'd honestly have preferred a new and improved version of Head Coach than this version of Madden if they were going to waste his talents like that.

Anyways, rant off. I DO like the improvements in the physics engine this year. The look of the game is flat out awesome. I've only played one game so far, and that on pro mode just to get used to the new style. Leon Washington went for over 300 and Forsett and Jones both for over 100 and Whitehurst threw for 5 TD's in his half of the first pre-season game so I'm thinking I should increase the difficulty level a tad next time. :p I won't be sticking with the new gameplay feature. It would still be cool if you could use the gameplanning feature without it. Anyone know if that's possible? Might be pretty cool feature to be able to trim your playbook based on the weeks opponent.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Galen96":y1tcqq9a said:
you can probably score a 360 for between $100 and $150 used or refurbished... even less if its on craigslist with a broken dvd rom... (35-40 bucks fix) and the game for around 60... that puts you significantly lower than your $450 estimate. I have an XIM2 controller that allows me to use my pc mouse and keyboard as well for any games I choose... very cool hardware/software combo.

I was including the XIM2 cost.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
Just picked this up for PS3 last night, played with the Madden Ultimate Team mode all night. It's addicting to buy packs of cards and build your team up from crap. My starter deck included Craig Terrill and Jabar Adams, hahaha.

Galen96

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1bds86qj said:
Galen96":1bds86qj said:

I was including the XIM2 cost.

ahh, gotcha... yeah, the XIM is spendy, but worth it in my opinion.... I absolutely love it for FPS's

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
Anyone else find Golden Tate to be a beast in this game? He catches damn near everything, then bowls over anyone that tries to arm tackle him. I bust off huge gains with him. Another beast is Justin Forsett, if he gets ANY room to the outsides dude is just gone.

misfit

Reaction score
I'm killing it w/ Butler. He's killing dbs with his speed 1 on 1.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I just played a game of Madden 11 and I think it's terrible.

Gameflow totally ruins the game for me. I know I can choose not to use it, but too many times I end up not knowing what play I'm running.

The audible system is terrible now; I have maybe 1-2 seconds to make pre-snap adjustments... terrible.

Glad I opted out of Madden this year and I'm super happy with NCAA 11.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
sammyc521":16udqk1z said:

Gameflow totally ruins the game for me. I know I can choose not to use it, but too many times I end up not knowing what play I'm running.

The audible system is terrible now; I have maybe 1-2 seconds to make pre-snap adjustments... terrible.

Well just so you know EA is patching the old audible system back in soon because of the backlash. I think they said before regular season.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
Mouse & Keyboard > Controller, always. It's a similar argument as Mac vs PC. One is more...eh..."user friendly", and the other has depth and the amount of skill PC players have is exponential. Anybody think they're good at BFBC2 or MW2 on console? Go play it on a PC, you will get owned.

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":2ifs40vh said:

All of your complaints are addressable or are going to be addressed soon.

EA is fixing the Audible system.

And go into your settings and turn it so Gameflow never comes on. Simple as that.

You are letting two very, very minor things "ruin" the best Madden game in 6 years.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
Smurf":26z66jhh said:
sammyc521":26z66jhh said:

And go into your settings and turn it so Gameflow never comes on. Simple as that.

You are letting two very, very minor things "ruin" the best Madden game in 6 years.

Blitzer what sliders do you use? I've been trying to make my own, I'm getting realistic results in pass rush and blocking, but running on both sides is still really unrealistic

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Smurf":2n8xf454 said:
sammyc521":2n8xf454 said:

The "best" Madden is still not that great. I'm sticking to buying Madden every 2-3 years maybe longer. It's sad that it's taken 6 years for the "best" Madden to emerge on the latest generation of consoles.

ElDoceHombre

Reaction score
sammyc521":261dfm8h said:
Smurf":261dfm8h said:
sammyc521":261dfm8h said:

The "best" Madden is still not that great. I'm sticking to buying Madden every 2-3 years maybe longer. It's sad that it's taken 6 years for the "best" Madden to emerge on the latest generation of consoles.

I pray that they open up the license again...2K could beat them in a heartbeat

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":1sre3e0q said:

Its pretty damn good. A Solid 8.3/11 for me (11s are unicorns).

TestMo1337

Reaction score
So a "B-?"

I would love the NFL to drop exclusivity with EA. I always preferred EA to 2K's series, but that's when they were pushing each other to making a solid football game. I see more push from NCAA in regards to making a better football game... which is sad because it's the same company.

If they did open up the license again, I think that it would take a few years for 2K to get into a heated battle. Look no further than their previous football game. Being out the game has hurt them and they now have 7+ years to catch-up and that's not including the time it will take to open up the license.