I don't get the love for motion controllers...

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I don't get the Kinect...

I don't see how games like this will be mainstream at all.

Yes, the Wii can sell a crap-ton of games but for anyone that owns one (raises hands) how much use does it get compared to your other console? I'm about 100:1 ratio... That last motion-controlled game I played was back in Oct and I don't miss it. I moved in April and my Wii is still in a packed box.

I swear this is all a fad that I just can't wrap my mind around. I've seen the demos of Kinect and I'm not at all impressed. I don't know why anyone is excited for this or the PS Move.

Unless you're drunk and want to show off your new toy, why would anyone play this game infront of other people?

I know people are all amped about the possibilities...but I've seen what it can do now and it looks incredible stupid.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
25277.gif

A

Anonymous

I agree somewhat, the Wii has a place but its really limited.

Now I will say this, if they can make a golf game that makes it seem like you are really golfing (and so far they aren't even close) I would be excited.

Wii Bowling is still the best use of the Wii because it 'feels' like real bowling when you're hanging out with people.

A great motion golf game would be worth it.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I think it could be really cool, but until I have a reason, I won't buy it. That said, there were some cool Wii games that used the motion tech, so there is definitely potential.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I like Resort Sports for the Wii..but that said I only use for parties basically.

Smurf

Reaction score
I like the fact that it can act as my controller when browsing movies and stuff (one of the things i use the xbox for most...just wave my hand and scroll through the movies...I have a Wii, never use it. I am interested to see the type of games that come out for Kinect...i think some developers like Lionshead, bethesda and Bioware could do some awesome stuff with Kinect...

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
There's a reason why TV remotes haven't changed in 50+ years. They do everything you need to do. Just like everyone who has a Wii, they stop playing it after a week and it just collects dust while everyone goes back to their controllers.

All this motion-based stuff is ridiculous. Create better games and not crappy addon's.

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":eg6mospx said:
All this motion-based stuff is ridiculous. Create better games and not crappy addon's.

Agreed.

I am still curious though...

...Plus I hate using controllers when I am laying down watching a movie...

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
How many times do you need to use your controller when watching a movie unless you're fast forwarding to see some tits?

Smurf

Reaction score
sammyc521":mwb10ho8 said:
How many times do you need to use your controller when watching a movie unless you're fast forwarding to see some tits?

I use netflix and stream from my computer a lot, so mainly when scrolling looking for a something to watch.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
$150 just to stream your movies with your Kinect? Sounds like a waste of money and effort.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Personally, I like motion controllers, and yes I do have a Wii and play it fairly constantly. Point and shoot/slash seems like the fairly obvious upgrade, but when playing non-shooter games, the ability to use the motion control to perform a move is far more entertaining to me than pressing X or Y or whatever. Plus, whenever you attach the nunchuck to the Wii, you can get the combination of motion control and controller (not to mention the ability to hold your hands further apart which makes thing a bit more comfortable for me), and it works really well, IMO. No matter how you feel about the 'kiddiness' of Super Mario Galaxy, it's a great game if you want get a feel for how to use motion control well.

I think it's a matter of what you're used to, but then again, I've always hated the current wave of controllers and the poor layouts they have to employ in order to force more buttons onto the controller. (But then again, I grew up as a PC gamer, and I always found that controllers were trying too hard to be keyboards.)

Motion control is definitely in its infancy and a lot of Wii games use it as a gimmick, but when it matures, I think a lot of people will wonder how they lived without it.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I think the Wii fits its niche... but at least there is a tactile response to those controllers.

The Wii can no longer be considered an infant... it's the "best selling next gen console" and it's been in the market for over 2 years. I have yet to see any game take full advantage of its motion controller.

Looking at the Kinect, they aren't even launching it when any of their best selling games or genres.

A

Anonymous

Sarlacc83":3rhu2io3 said:
. No matter how you feel about the 'kiddiness' of Super Mario Galaxy, it's a great game if you want get a feel for how to use motion control well.

Anyone that won't play Mario Galaxy because its 'kiddie' is a kid.

That game rocks, haven't picked up the sequel yet though (too busy with Red Dead Redemption and Tiger Woods 11 both of which I've barely scratched the surface of)

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I haven't liked any Mario since they went 3-D. Do you even use motion control for Mario Galaxy?

That's my other beef... unless you are going to fully support motion-control, don't release the add-on without the A-List game support.

A

Anonymous

sammyc521":3ii4d14y said:
I haven't liked any Mario since they went 3-D. Do you even use motion control for Mario Galaxy?

That's my other beef... unless you are going to fully support motion-control, don't release the add-on without the A-List game support.

Then you should pick up New Super Mario Bros. Fantastic 2-D Mario game (so is Super Paper Mario).

I loved Mario 64 and Galaxy personally.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
warner28":3t8pcpid said:
sammyc521":3t8pcpid said:

Then you should pick up New Super Mario Bros. Fantastic 2-D Mario game (so is Super Paper Mario).

I loved Mario 64 and Galaxy personally.
I've played those, they aren't 3-D Marios. None of those games use motion controllers.

A

Anonymous

I know they aren't 3-D, you said you did not like the 3-D ones. And yes they are not motion control.