Posse Up in Red Dead Redemption (PS3)

TestMo1337

Reaction score
If any wants to posse up in Red Dead Redemption, let me know. I think this game is way better than GTA IV (multiplayer and single-player).

I'm on the PS3 as "sammyc521." Original, I know.

Snohomie

Reaction score
How do you like it? I debated buying it yesterday, but instead used my gift card for a new PS3 controller (my old one was brutal. It kept jamming forward and would get me killed in Call of Duty, I'd run out of bounds in NBA, and I'd randomly step up in the pocket for no good reason in Madden... though that actually saved me a sack once). Looked like a really interesting game, though.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I like it better than GTA because the online mode is a lot of fun; lots of different types of games.

Single-player - In GTA you're a "bad guy," in RDR you're a "bad guy" with a moral conscious. It's a lot more robust honor/dishonor system like Fable but it tends to reward/punish you more. The world is totally open to you from the beginning so you can just roam the land. The story is great and there's an easy travel system so you can fast-travel to any location you want.

Multi-player - You start every game in "Free Roam" which is the same world as the single-player but you can freely interact with other online members, kill them/respawn/kill them/die/respawn/etc, you can take on AI gangs and get weapons upgrades that last your time online, gain experience to get better weapons, horses, gear, costumes, etc, posse up and take out the computer or other gamers.

Then there's the match games; capture the flag, PvP, free for all, etc.

I just had a lot more fun in the Old West than I did in another GTA clone city.

Rflagg

Reaction score
Everyone should buy the game imho snohomie, it just might be my favorite game so far this gen. The story was way better then gta4, the random stuff that happens is amazing, the hunting part alone is almost fun enough to be a game by itself.
Sammy my id is rflagg080 and atm I am on way to often and mostly this game. Have yet to even try the multi-player part 92% complete on single player stuff and done with the story

YaktownHawK

Reaction score
I just picked it up and loving it so far even though I don't know what I'm doing very well yet. My PS3 name is notorious12 if anyones willing to have a rookie in there posse.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I have been savoring every moment of this game! Closing in on the end and have been convinced that I need to get cable television in order to play this online cuz it is incredible and I would be more than willing to just replay this. It is fabulous.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Great game.. I have to start focusing on the story so I can then also play online.. right now I just enjoy riding around an area that looks like my home town and killing random strangers or stealing stage coaches, etc. Had the same problem with GTA..hard to focus on what Im meant to be doing.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
This game is insanely awesome. I just got it, but I'm loving it so far, it's already easily my favorite Rockstar game.

PSN gamertag is TheJetCityFix