Madden 10 Online Franchise (Who Wants In?)

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
  • This will be awesome! We should start up a league for us .NETTERS. I call the Hawks!

UPDATE: League info to join through the game itself is:

League name: Net Nation
    password: gohawks
    Last edited by nategreat on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I am totally in as long as the league times work for me..
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Sorry I would do it, but I have never ever used anyone other then the Hawks, I would be committing a horrible if I used someone else.....and you were the lucky one that called them first...lol
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Blitzer88 wrote:Sorry I would do it, but I have never ever used anyone other then the Hawks, I would be committing a horrible if I used someone else.....and you were the lucky one that called them first...lol

What?! Alrightttt, so that you can play, I'll make the sacrifice- you can be the Hawks. I'll be..... the EAGLES!
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• nategreat wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Sorry I would do it, but I have never ever used anyone other then the Hawks, I would be committing a horrible if I used someone else.....and you were the lucky one that called them first...lol

What?! Alrightttt, so that you can play, I'll make the sacrifice- you can be the Hawks. I'll be..... the EAGLES!

I'm totally in...I suppose if both two teams mentioned are already taken, I'll be...The Falcons!
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• nategreat wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Sorry I would do it, but I have never ever used anyone other then the Hawks, I would be committing a horrible if I used someone else.....and you were the lucky one that called them first...lol

Wow thanks.......that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I can't wait for this game..... also right now I am 157-23 online in Madden 09. Just thought I would throw that in there lol.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Blitzer88 wrote:Wow thanks.......that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I can't wait for this game..... also right now I am 157-23 online in Madden 09. Just thought I would throw that in there lol.

Wow good job. I haven't even played 09, so I'll have to play catch-up. I skipped 09 cause I was tired of the same ol' Madden. But I think this year is gonna be a huge step up from all the things I've heard so far. Anyways- thanks for the heads up- now I know how much training I'll have to do.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• damnit...i didn't know we were picking teams...Eagles would have been my choice...

anyway..

ill take the vikings
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• nategreat wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Wow thanks.......that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I can't wait for this game..... also right now I am 157-23 online in Madden 09. Just thought I would throw that in there lol.

Wow good job. I haven't even played 09, so I'll have to play catch-up. I skipped 09 cause I was tired of the same ol' Madden. But I think this year is gonna be a huge step up from all the things I've heard so far. Anyways- thanks for the heads up- now I know how much training I'll have to do.

I don't think you'll have to do too much training....lol, but yeah i just love Madden sooo much!!!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• nategreat wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:Wow thanks.......that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I can't wait for this game..... also right now I am 157-23 online in Madden 09. Just thought I would throw that in there lol.

I'd actually say '08 was better than '09.

Normally I play Madden year round. Really, I got tired of Madden in October or so. Just not a well-designed game on the field, IMO. I'd personally be happy with '08's gameplay and '09's franchise mode (where the best gains were made for PS3).

Anyways, I assume this online franchise is for 360 folks?
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

• If this is still going I'll take the Patriots. I'm so stoked about this game after seeing all the new features.

Anyone want to make me a new signature? I've held out hope long enough.
    95% of the time I'm viewing here and/or posting is being done on a mobile device. Pardon any spelling, punctuation, or grammar mistakes.
    The Yugoslavian
    NET Veteran

• Yeah this is for the XBox 360- and yeah this is still goin. It'd be nice if we could actually fill up all 32 teams, but we'll see. I doubt we'll get that many- but it'll still be awesome. We've still got over a couple months before the game even comes out, anyway.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• From the Wikipedia page for Madden NFL '10:

"The game will be released for the iPhone OS, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Xbox 360 consoles, as well as mobile devices."

**** you, EA. I'm a PC gamer and a pretty big NFL fan. It's so incredibly lazy to not make a port to Windows, you're already doing it for the 360; not much has to change!!!! You just don't want to spend some extra cash for testing and the inevitable bug fixes that would be required for a PC version....but that's still significantly less time and money than you'll have spent making a PS3 port of it.

/rant over
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I want in on this too, not sure who I want to take though......I guess the Chargers for now.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

• Alright, so just an update.....

Game comes out in a couple of weeks, and here's who we got right now- if there are any changes, let me know:

me- Eagles
    Blitzer- Seahawks
    ElDoceHombre- Falcons
    Smurf- Vikings
    TheYugo- Pats
    SundayNite- Chargers

If anyone else wants in, just let us know...
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I'm in if the times work with my work schedule. I'll take the Ravens.
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

• right on...i'm really diggin the fact that pretty much everyone has a team in a seperate division...now we can play each other and have a shot at the playoffs too!
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• Just to clarify...this is for 360, not for PS3, right?
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• ElDoceHombre wrote:Just to clarify...this is for 360, not for PS3, right?

You betcherrr ace.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• ill take Texans
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• This is almost worth the rearrangement of my house it would require to get my 360 close enough to my modem to take advantage of my XBL account.

Is this just a season, or is there an annual draft, etc?
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• 10 season, live drafts, the works
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• TravTex wrote:This is almost worth the rearrangement of my house it would require to get my 360 close enough to my modem to take advantage of my XBL account.

Is this just a season, or is there an annual draft, etc?

DO IT!

We will all be very sad if you dont trav...we might even decide to murder puppies and kittens.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Gotta figure out the logistics (Much moving of furniture, TVs, and various wires and cables would be involved), but this sounds like the kind of thing that would interest me. Fill me in on details? Times? Dates? Blah blah?
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I can't lie I am not ever really into this type of stuff in years past in madden since I usually play online so much, but I am pumped for this online franchise.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• TravTex wrote:Gotta figure out the logistics (Much moving of furniture, TVs, and various wires and cables would be involved), but this sounds like the kind of thing that would interest me. Fill me in on details? Times? Dates? Blah blah?

Well nothing's really worked out right now as far as the details. First, we've all gotta get the game- maybe a little practice time first? We'll vote on how we want it all laid out- how long we have to play each week, etc. I'm not exactly sure how the Online Franchise is gonna work yet, but we'll figure it all out and have a discussion on how we want the league to be.

No worries right now, we're gonna try and be as flexible as we can. We can wait for you to set your system so you can join before we start- at least I don't mind, if the others don't. Or maybe there's even an option where you can join after we start.

You should join though, you knowwww it sounds AWESOME.

Update:

me- Eagles
    Blitzer- Seahawks
    ElDoceHombre- Falcons
    Smurf- Vikings
    TheYugo- Pats
    SundayNite- Chargers
    JGreen79- Ravens
    JKent82- Texans
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• The Seahawks will be the champs!!!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Any conference preferences? At the moment, it looks like everybody is represented except the weiners of the AFC-North. I'm half-tempted to bask in total hatred with Dallas... or possibly give people air attack fits with NOLA. Hrm.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I'm surprised no one has chosen to be the saints yet......
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Nobody's the Saints yet cause that means they'd get squashed by me twice a season :mrgreen:
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• If you guys need more people/attention, just let me know and I'll temporarily move this thread to the main forum (like we did with the NET fantasy leagues). Although, it does look like your league is nearly full. Too bad I suck at these types of games!

I almost exclusively play Rock Band or the Guitar Heroes.

GO HAWKS!
    FPD
    * NET Admin *

• FPD wrote:If you guys need more people/attention, just let me know and I'll temporarily move this thread to the main forum (like we did with the NET fantasy leagues). Although, it does look like your league is nearly full. Too bad I suck at these types of games!

I almost exclusively play Rock Band or the Guitar Heroes.

Hey that would be great FPD- we can have up to 32 people in the league, one for each team. Maybe temporarily moving this to the main forum will pick up at least a few more people. Thanks!

I'll have to shred with you some day on Rock Band.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• Man I'm so excited!!!
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• So, I thinking of just getting a 100' ethernet cable and defiling my staircase so I can get the XBL going. (Wonder if this will work? I don't want to go build a wireless network and buy adapters... 200 bucks in for a game is something even I can't creatively justify.)

Meanwhile... still thinking about teams.

Cowboys: I like the idea of being the most hated team in the league... but it's Cowboys.
    NY Jets: The Sanchez Story could potentially be fun... but it feels odd for a South Texas redneck to be running a DamnYankee team.
    Titans: Pretty scary team, has to be thrown into the list of Potential Champions... but they bore me for some reason.
    Saints: Wicked awesome passing attack... scrawny weiner defense.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• lol nate now that you have vick i officially hate you! trav man you ought ta see my setup. I have my xbox on a 20' cable going to a 5 port router that is connected to my PC, and my PC is connected to my wifi hub lol. its a big circle. You can do wifi for remarkably cheap, like $50 cheap. Is your xbox near your pc?
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• PC's upstairs, XBox is downstairs. Going to have to run about a 75 or 100' ethernet cable around the corner and down the stairs... OR take a flyer on setting up a wireless network in the townhome which may or may not work without the pricey XBL adapter. Considering that I'm only going to be living there another few months, after which I can set things up however the hell I like at the new house, I think I'd rather just suck it up, get some 'lectrical tape, and strap a cable to the stairs.

On the downside, it's 100' of cable for The Neko to chew upon. We'll see how it works out.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Go with the ethernet cable trav, and when your done on XBL for the day, just roll it up.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Gonna give it a try, today. Pencil me in for the Saints.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I'm in, I'll take the gnats..
    gamertag is htown78
    probably picking up the game at lunch today.

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Ok I have the game and I love it, but my only problem is that its hard as hell to generate a pass rush with the Hawks...
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• My current problem is with the 'My Skill' thing. I score All Madden on rushing, only I'm not THAT good with rushing so it obliterates me when I go to the games. *hah*
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Man I've been killin the pass rush with the hawks, there is no way to stop kerney...
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• so, after reviewing the instruction book, it looks like we make a league then draft? So really all were picking is an "avatar" for a team, because all players will be spread around, right?
    Am I reading it wrong?
    And what's with the online franchise code can only be used once??
    I think before we start this we need to figure out what the dilly is? Learn from others online that messed up the first time?

-SH
    SmokeyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Just a few things......

First, Smokey, just to be clear, gnats= giants?

Secondly, to answer your question, yes there CAN be an online draft, where we go through all the rounds and pick our players. However, I'm pretty sure everyone, including me, was planning on playing with the original team rosters. But we can still make trades, etc. Although fantasy draft might be a fun alternative after we get bored of the regular rosters....

Finally, I was wondering if anyone else wants to be in charge of being the commish and getting the league started. I'd definitely do it, and was planning on it (that's why I started this thread to begin with) but there's a possibility I'll be internetless for a bit (in about a month or so). I don't want to be in charge of something if I can't guarantee I'll have access to it at some point.

So I was wondering if someone else would wanna set this up and be in charge. :th2thumbs:

Update:

me- Eagles
    Blitzer- Seahawks
    ElDoceHombre- Falcons
    Smurf- Vikings
    TheYugo- Pats
    SundayNite- Chargers
    JGreen79- Ravens
    JKent82- Texans
    Smokey- Giants
    Trav- Saints
    Last edited by nategreat on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I can be the commish nate, im gonna be on this game for a while :) i'll set it up in a few minutes and post the info shortly.
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• ElDoceHombre wrote:I can be the commish nate, im gonna be on this game for a while :) i'll set it up in a few minutes and post the info shortly.

Right on, sounds like you're on top of it.
    Last edited by nategreat on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• okay its up! the name is "Net Nation" and the password is "gohawks"

lets do this!!!
    ElDoceHombre
    * NET Guy Fieri Lover *

• mmk, i cant join for a while, the SI deal i got declined to mention it doesnt show up for two to four weeks :shock: , hmmmm, at least i get to read SI and have 10 extra bucks.... :roll:
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

• I'll pop in sometime tomorrow or the next day. Shopping for cheap 50' cables.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• ElDoceHombre wrote:Man I've been killin the pass rush with the hawks, there is no way to stop kerney...

Well moving the right stick up makes it a little better, but I am still having trouble.....but is anyone else noticing that the Hawks Secondary can't cover anyone worth crap.

Oh and watch out for Devin Moore when you play me.......
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Next

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information