Life lessons I learned from playing Madden

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
I was unsure of what forum to put this article in, so I put it here in hopes the mods will help me out and move it. Thanks Mods!

My first foray into some humor, article details some lessons I have learned from playing Madden.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1890 ... ing-madden

Playing it safe is always the best policy

Many of us would disagree. I can’t’ tell you how many times I have heard “take a chance on something; it could change your life!” Very rarely is this true.

In Madden, you always take the 30 yard field goal on a fourth and ten from the opposing team’s 23 yard line, even though you have a tall wide receiver who could school that weak corner. It’s points on the board and it gives you momentum against your opponent.

In life it is the same way. Imagine you go to a restaurant, and while you already had a preconceived notion of what you were going to order you still give the menu a chance.

Then some magical dish catches your eye. It looks good, it has everything you like, and the waiter even says it is choice. What do you do? I always revert to my 30 yard field goal and go with what I already know is a good dish.

I have tried to go for it on fourth and ten; more often than not I end up regretting that decision. The food was terrible and I never eat there again and the waiter who gave me the “good advice” gets zilch for his tip.

OP
OP
seahawksfan28

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
Barthawk":1c63ydto said:
Wouldn't it be a 40yd field goal in the scenario above?

Yeah I changed it,

Completely forgot to add the 10 yards for the endzone, or maybe I just wish the goal posts were in front like in the 50's

tdlabrie

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":20c6y8yb said:
Tech Worlds":20c6y8yb said:
You have learned life lessons by playing video games?

Hell yeah! Where was I supposed to learn them? My parents? Hardly!
Well, how about from, um, life???

OP
OP
seahawksfan28

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
tdlabrie":2v1vc1i8 said:
seahawksfan28":2v1vc1i8 said:
Tech Worlds":2v1vc1i8 said:
You have learned life lessons by playing video games?

Hell yeah! Where was I supposed to learn them? My parents? Hardly!
Well, how about from, um, life???

Nah man, thats overrated..... You just do not understand where I am coming from.....

Latest posts