MLB the Show 10

Snohomie

Reaction score
You don't get an IQ test, but you can "choose" between (I think, I'm trusting my roommate on this) 3 teams when you start out or be drafted. I've made 2 players, my roommate 1, and all three get drafted by the Oakland Athletics, so something seems fishy.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
dino26":2wb51zmq said:
SundayNiteBlackout":2wb51zmq said:
My RTTS Shortstop was drafted by the Blue Jays and I got a call up to play fully in my 3rd season. In that season I hit .340 with 29 HRs and 130 RBI.

Hell yes.

Did you just sim a few seaons then

Nope, I played every game, but I don't field or run the bases, so it goes quick.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I just bat and field. Baserunning is for chumps... or guys that have like 35 SPD like my character.

Who wants to play an online game? Add me and send me a request "sammyc521."

TravTex

Reaction score
Snohomie":1y1smtqu said:
You don't get an IQ test, but you can "choose" between (I think, I'm trusting my roommate on this) 3 teams when you start out or be drafted. I've made 2 players, my roommate 1, and all three get drafted by the Oakland Athletics, so something seems fishy.

This doesn't sound right.

My version was either 'Enter Draft' or be drafted by 'Favorite Team' (One small annoyance I've found. If you want to play a franchise with your profile, it has to be your 'Favorite Team'. I'm planning to do a Mariners 'Chise thread because I just get that bored at times, but I have to change my 'Favorite Team' back in order to do so because I had it set as KC to play THEM, etc...)

Either way, I've been drafted by a few different teams depending on how I made the player. Not sure the draft matters -- Your first few years, you're 'Trade Bait'.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Pretty much seems like you're just waiting to hit FA so you have a choice of where you'll play.

Has anyone demanded a trade?

dino26

Reaction score
sammyc521":34hs81qs said:
Pretty much seems like you're just waiting to hit FA so you have a choice of where you'll play.

Has anyone demanded a trade?

Im playing 08 till 10 arrives and today i demanded a trade and then was told im valuable to the team and wont be traded ...10 games later i was traded to the cubs !

dino26

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":11lrcivm said:
dino26":11lrcivm said:
SundayNiteBlackout":11lrcivm said:
My RTTS Shortstop was drafted by the Blue Jays and I got a call up to play fully in my 3rd season. In that season I hit .340 with 29 HRs and 130 RBI.

Hell yes.

Did you just sim a few seaons then

Nope, I played every game, but I don't field or run the bases, so it goes quick.

In 08 can you do this and if so where do you go to do it

dino26

Reaction score
Started RTTS and i got drafted by the orioles , im a SP but currently am the RP in the AA team

TravTex

Reaction score
Arrrrrgh.

I'm almost a month into my KC Franchise and just dropped a hair-puller to the Mariners.

Up 4-3 with men on 1st and 2nd in the top of the 9th. Hochevar pitched a pretty awesome game... 7 shutout innings to the 2 runs Felix gave up. He was tired and with the leadoff hitter rapping a solid into center field, I thought it'd be safer to go with Juan Cruz. Cruz blew it, and we had to scrabble back from 2-3.

Anyway, with two on and one out in the 9th. Soria gets his ground ball to short. Win!! No... wait. Yunieski Betancourt BOOTS the ball, safe all around. Next batter ropes one into the gap.

We did struggle back to push it into the 11th inning, but that was the game right there. Yuni, you bastard. I'm calling up Aviles.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Beautiful... just like in real life.

Havent touched franchise mode yet. About to finish my first year split between AA and AAA. I reach a lot of my goals, but my attributes are too weak to get a sniff of the majors. Told the Twins that I want to stay with them and asked for an extension. They they'd work on it.

On our way to the AAA post season.

dino26

Reaction score
sammyc521":k26t3ki7 said:
Beautiful... just like in real life.

Havent touched franchise mode yet. About to finish my first year split between AA and AAA. I reach a lot of my goals, but my attributes are too weak to get a sniff of the majors. Told the Twins that I want to stay with them and asked for an extension. They they'd work on it.

On our way to the AAA post season.

I may start a mariners or mets franchise soon though

Me neither , am i right in saying Aroldis Chapman and Stephen Strasburg wont be in it till they played a regular MLB game

TravTex

Reaction score
A batch of trades has brightened the Royals' prospects...

We shopped Zack Greinke, and ended up finding a buyer for Cover Boy Joe Mauer (Yeah, right). It was Greinke, Brayan Pena, and a high-potential prospect pitcher for Mauer and Slowey.

At the moment, we're something like 11-27, and paying through the ass for a 14 million dollar catcher we might have no chance of resigning, but...

Y'know, now that I lay it out like that it doesn't seem like as much of a steal, considering Zack was locked into a three-year deal.

Hrm, buyer's remorse moment.

dino26

Reaction score
Im now the SP of the AA team doing not bad but i need to work on my CB

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
I'm gonna hold off on starting a franchise until we got another patch and Knight from operationsports puts out his full minor league rosters.

dino26

Reaction score
I got traded to the diamondbacks and am playing in there AA team

Dietrich

Reaction score
So started a SS and played two seasons splitting time between AA and AAA. My first season I hit .230 or so, decided it would be best to start playing on Rookie instead of Veteran. As a result of the settings change I bat .340 the next season in AAA. This is what pisses me off though, going into my third season management decides to send me back down to AA and sends mail saying "You've gone from bad to worse, go spend sometime in AA!". How does a guy bat .340 for an entire season and then get demoted?! Whatever, I decided to start over as a 2B. So far, about 150 at bats in, i'm hitting .350 and batting leadoff for the AA. I imagine theres bound to be an injury soon that gets me sent up to AAA.

Oh, for those of you new to this game make sure you follow through with all of the Achievement Goals your coach gives you! It's absolutely stupid you're forced to spend your training points on your bunting ability but this is definitely the easiest way to get moved up in the organization.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
Dietrich":210bz6ng said:
So started a SS and played two seasons splitting time between AA and AAA. My first season I hit .230 or so, decided it would be best to start playing on Rookie instead of Veteran. As a result of the settings change I bat .340 the next season in AAA. This is what pisses me off though, going into my third season management decides to send me back down to AA and sends mail saying "You've gone from bad to worse, go spend sometime in AA!". How does a guy bat .340 for an entire season and then get demoted?! Whatever, I decided to start over as a 2B. So far, about 150 at bats in, i'm hitting .350 and batting leadoff for the AA. I imagine theres bound to be an injury soon that gets me sent up to AAA.

Oh, for those of you new to this game make sure you follow through with all of the Achievement Goals your coach gives you! It's absolutely stupid you're forced to spend your training points on your bunting ability but this is definitely the easiest way to get moved up in the organization.

Actually, just don't fail 3 straight times. If you fail the first two, then do the last one you won't get demoted. So, what I do, is I pick one that is fairly easy to do, do it, then I'm safe to spend point on whatever I want to the other times.

TravTex

Reaction score
Maybe that's my problem. I'm on All-Star at All Times.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to think KC is just Suckville... Mauer came over and started hitting under .300.

Dietrich

Reaction score
My plan is to play on Rookie until my guy is no longer craptastic then progressively up the difficulty until I see realistic results.