MLB the Show 10

For all of our NFL Fantasy and gaming enthusiasts. RATING: PG
Re: MLB the Show 10
Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 pm
  • Beautiful... just like in real life.

Havent touched franchise mode yet. About to finish my first year split between AA and AAA. I reach a lot of my goals, but my attributes are too weak to get a sniff of the majors. Told the Twins that I want to stay with them and asked for an extension. They they'd work on it.

On our way to the AAA post season.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:59 pm
  • sammyc521 wrote:Beautiful... just like in real life.

Havent touched franchise mode yet. About to finish my first year split between AA and AAA. I reach a lot of my goals, but my attributes are too weak to get a sniff of the majors. Told the Twins that I want to stay with them and asked for an extension. They they'd work on it.

On our way to the AAA post season.

I may start a mariners or mets franchise soon though

Me neither , am i right in saying Aroldis Chapman and Stephen Strasburg wont be in it till they played a regular MLB game
    Image GO HAWKS !

Follow me on Twitter: @NFL_Hawk
    dino26
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 am
  • A batch of trades has brightened the Royals' prospects...

We shopped Zack Greinke, and ended up finding a buyer for Cover Boy Joe Mauer (Yeah, right). It was Greinke, Brayan Pena, and a high-potential prospect pitcher for Mauer and Slowey.

At the moment, we're something like 11-27, and paying through the ass for a 14 million dollar catcher we might have no chance of resigning, but...

Y'know, now that I lay it out like that it doesn't seem like as much of a steal, considering Zack was locked into a three-year deal.

Hrm, buyer's remorse moment.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:15 am
  • Im now the SP of the AA team doing not bad but i need to work on my CB
    Image GO HAWKS !

dino26
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am
  • I'm gonna hold off on starting a franchise until we got another patch and Knight from operationsports puts out his full minor league rosters.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 pm
  • I got traded to the diamondbacks and am playing in there AA team
    Image GO HAWKS !

dino26
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:31 pm
  • So started a SS and played two seasons splitting time between AA and AAA. My first season I hit .230 or so, decided it would be best to start playing on Rookie instead of Veteran. As a result of the settings change I bat .340 the next season in AAA. This is what pisses me off though, going into my third season management decides to send me back down to AA and sends mail saying "You've gone from bad to worse, go spend sometime in AA!". How does a guy bat .340 for an entire season and then get demoted?! Whatever, I decided to start over as a 2B. So far, about 150 at bats in, i'm hitting .350 and batting leadoff for the AA. I imagine theres bound to be an injury soon that gets me sent up to AAA.

Oh, for those of you new to this game make sure you follow through with all of the Achievement Goals your coach gives you! It's absolutely stupid you're forced to spend your training points on your bunting ability but this is definitely the easiest way to get moved up in the organization.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:07 pm
  • Dietrich wrote:So started a SS and played two seasons splitting time between AA and AAA. My first season I hit .230 or so, decided it would be best to start playing on Rookie instead of Veteran. As a result of the settings change I bat .340 the next season in AAA. This is what pisses me off though, going into my third season management decides to send me back down to AA and sends mail saying "You've gone from bad to worse, go spend sometime in AA!". How does a guy bat .340 for an entire season and then get demoted?! Whatever, I decided to start over as a 2B. So far, about 150 at bats in, i'm hitting .350 and batting leadoff for the AA. I imagine theres bound to be an injury soon that gets me sent up to AAA.

Oh, for those of you new to this game make sure you follow through with all of the Achievement Goals your coach gives you! It's absolutely stupid you're forced to spend your training points on your bunting ability but this is definitely the easiest way to get moved up in the organization.

Actually, just don't fail 3 straight times. If you fail the first two, then do the last one you won't get demoted. So, what I do, is I pick one that is fairly easy to do, do it, then I'm safe to spend point on whatever I want to the other times.
    80% of Planet Earth is covered by water.....The rest is covered by EARL THOMAS!
    SundayNiteBlackout
    National Guard 09-Present

Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:11 am
  • Maybe that's my problem. I'm on All-Star at All Times.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to think KC is just Suckville... Mauer came over and started hitting under .300.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:48 am
  • My plan is to play on Rookie until my guy is no longer craptastic then progressively up the difficulty until I see realistic results.
    Dietrich
    NET Starter

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am
  • i wish i had ps3 cuz mlb 2k10 sucks
    Minne
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:20 pm
  • Oh, Jeez. Don't bother.

Franchise mode has a Death Bug. Upon reaching the trade deadline... teams just randomly place an assload of all-stars on waivers. Day after trade deadline, BAM. You can just cruise the waiver wire and pick up a full all-star lineup. There are supposedly some work-around fixes like controlling all 30 teams and turning only manual trades on, etc... But that kinda defeats the purpose of playing franchise mode to me. If there are no opposing GMs, where's the strategy?

Supposedly they'll START work on the patch at the end of the month, but I don't know if this particular will be addressed, or if it'll nix existing franchises, etc.

What a gargantuan PITA. Yay, sports games.
    TravTex
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Previous

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ FANTASY ISLAND ]

Information