MLB the Show 10

TravTex

Reaction score
Meanwhile...

I decided to work myself back into the Current Trav Position and try some pitching. It's utterly pathetic, really, as I'm trying to keep things as True to Life as possible, so I'm sitting on an 83 mph fastball. However, I am a Junkball King, so I'm managing to hurl my way through AA (In my near future home! I was drafted to play for the Arkansas Travellers.).

0.00 ERA so far. I'll take it. Hitters are likely befuddled my my "fast"ball and have yet to get a bead on my mix of 12-6 and knuckle curveballs. Already added the circle change, and before long they shall face the wrath of the Trav Knuckleball and the worthless junkball circle shall be complete.

dino26

Reaction score
Im gonna get this game should have it in a week and a half or maybe 2

dino26

Reaction score
Ok i officially bought this game on ebay 3-7 business days from canada travtex we need to exchange psn ids

Gonna start a franchise with mariners or mets maybe (my team is yankees but gets boring playing as them all the time)

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Created my son for RTTS. He's a catcher and was drafted by the Yankees. He's playing for the Trenton Thunder right now.

He plays sparingly, but the team has won all the games he's caught and the pitcher's ERA is well under 2.00 through his first 3 games where he's caught the entire game. Caught a shut-out (starting pitcher couldn't get the last guy out, let two guys on in the top of the 9th but the closer came in and got the final out).

The sad news is that he's currently 0 for 14 with 6 K's. But he does have 1 RBI on a ground-out.

SundayNiteBlackout

Reaction score
My RTTS Shortstop was drafted by the Blue Jays and I got a call up to play fully in my 3rd season. In that season I hit .340 with 29 HRs and 130 RBI.

Hell yes.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Oh, as for the online league, I'm intrigued but not committing, FWIW. I don't really know how online game leagues work. Never been in one.

TravTex

Reaction score
I got traded in June. The bastards! Now, instead of playing for the Fisher Cats, I'm playing for the Rock Cats... Well, at least I'm starting, now. Drove the Horror Slump batting average up to around .210. First game for the Rock Cats against my former team, I hit my first home run. Screw them.

TravTex

Reaction score
And traded again... I was called up to AAA for some injury coverage. Then I was traded to... Uh... The Lehigh Valley Ironpigs.

So, yeah.

I spent all of two unproductive at bats with the Ironpigs before getting dropped down to Reading. I then spend a few weeks with Reading only to get traded to the Seawolves, where I finished out the season at around .195. Horrid.

Starting off 2011 with Erie has gone pretty well. First week I'm .500 with a couple RBIs. Just happy to not be an Ironpig, I guess.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I've been traded two times so far.

I started over at 3B (OF Secondary Position) and was just getting killed. Altered some settings and starting hitting above .200 without striking out every other at-bat. Right when I was getting respectable, the Royals traded me to the Astros (involving Lance Berkman). Was starting to really kill in AA and then I got traded again to the Twins organization (involving Joe Mauer, I know right...). After a short 10-game stint in AA and getting promoted to full-time starter at 3B, the Twins promoted to their AAA team. I am now playing spot duty at 3B and OF giving guys time off.

I have still only hit 1 HR... but damn did it feel good.

dino26

Reaction score
SundayNiteBlackout":38nri45e said:
My RTTS Shortstop was drafted by the Blue Jays and I got a call up to play fully in my 3rd season. In that season I hit .340 with 29 HRs and 130 RBI.

Hell yes.

Did you just sim a few seaons then

Smurf

Reaction score
dino26":2eeu5lda said:
TravTex":2eeu5lda said:
dino26":2eeu5lda said:
my team is yankees

You totally lost me, here.

LOL my team is the yankees in real life but i also like to follow the mets and mariners

And here i thought you were a cool guy..

Seahawks - Cool
Rangers - Cool

Yankees? - Uncool
Chelsea? - Uncool

Thats two strikes man.

dino26

Reaction score
And here i thought you were a cool guy..

Seahawks - Cool
Rangers - Cool

Yankees? - Uncool
Chelsea? - Uncool

Thats two strikes man.

Lets see how many strikes i get since we hit the topic lol

Soccer:

Raners
Chelsea
Sounders for MLS

Football:

Hawks (but wears other teams apparell too excluding steelers &Nfc west , gotta be honest but the majority of my gear is hawks stuff)
2nd favourite team when asked; jets just cause i go to NY when in US , and i wanted them to do well when they were the suckeir franchise

ice hockey:

Rangers

watching canadian teams

baseball:

yankees all the way
followed by mets and mariners mets cause i been to a game before and its the other half of ny baseball and mariners because of the seattle love

Smurf dont hate on me and if you do i warn you that i wont allow myself to be raped by you at fifa again :th2thumbs:

Smurf

Reaction score
just the 2 strikes man.

You're close...

and i can't believe a damn Yank beat a Scotsman at Fifa...by, what was it, 5-2?

dino26

Reaction score
I had the more chances but couldnt finish and it was my first time playing in a whilke and ... dont know if you noticed but i want ultra offensive lol sowas easy for you to play the through ball

that was the first leg lol we will see the outcome of the 2nd my man :p

TravTex

Reaction score
So, Fielder Trav finally made it to the bigs. It took countless trades, a bunch of grinding in the minors, and a 'The Natural' type leg injury that dropped my Speed from 50-something to the low 30's that I still haven't come back from. In August of 2013, I was called up to the Washington Nationals. As a pinch hitter/utility guy I hit .264 with a couple RBI's, no homers, in 38 at bats.

At the beginning of 2014, I've just signed a 4 year, 1.8 million dollar contract with Washington to be a well-paid bench sitter. Starting out the season 0-2 in my pinch hitting duties, but an injury has me working as the Starting Catcher versus Left-Handed Pitchers for 1-6 days! Wooooo.

dino26

Reaction score
TravTex":8tx592c4 said:
So, Fielder Trav finally made it to the bigs. It took countless trades, a bunch of grinding in the minors, and a 'The Natural' type leg injury that dropped my Speed from 50-something to the low 30's that I still haven't come back from. In August of 2013, I was called up to the Washington Nationals. As a pinch hitter/utility guy I hit .264 with a couple RBI's, no homers, in 38 at bats.

At the beginning of 2014, I've just signed a 4 year, 1.8 million dollar contract with Washington to be a well-paid bench sitter. Starting out the season 0-2 in my pinch hitting duties, but an injury has me working as the Starting Catcher versus Left-Handed Pitchers for 1-6 days! Wooooo.

Dude you got me craving for this game , by the way when you do RTTS do you get too choose if you get drafted or can you pick a team ..or is it both.

Also can you tell me before you get drafted do you do a IQ test or something to let teams know what you are like ?