Heavy Rain

TravTex

Reaction score
While this type of game usually bores me... This thing has me sucked in and grabbed by the short and curlies.

I bought it, though I'm planning to just eat the difference and use it as a trade-in for MLBTS because I don't buy the 'Replay Value' angle they're trying to sell. Anyway, it's pretty damn awesome. While the gameplay is basically just a series of quick time events (It's more or less an 'interactive movie'), it's a very well-done version of such.

I've found myself leaning toward the TV furiously doing little QTE moves trying to save some character with more personal involvement in a stupid game than I've had in a while.

You play four characters who are all connected to the main story about a serial killer and the attempt to save the latest victim. Characters can actually die, and the story keeps plodding on. You make decisions (Under Pressure, even... I like the system for this. If things are stressy, the icons wriggle around and are hard to make out) that impact the ending.

Great writing, and a really cool experience overall. Can't say I'd recommend buying it like I did, but an absolute must-rent.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Played the demo, loved it. Decided to hold off because I don't wanna spend money on this game when MLB the Show is coming out next week.

I hope that this sparks a new trend in how games are developed and made.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Why don't you guys just get a gamefly account and save yourselves loads of money?

Snohomie

Reaction score
I didn't like Gamefly AT ALL.

Felt like a waste of money. All the new releases (the ones I want to play) are usually taken. I like the idea in theory, but in practice it was a waste for me.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Snohomie":wi0xjjd7 said:
I didn't like Gamefly AT ALL.

Felt like a waste of money. All the new releases (the ones I want to play) are usually taken. I like the idea in theory, but in practice it was a waste for me.

Really? I've never had that problem. I've ordered two new releases from there (Halo ODST and Uncharted 2) and I received both the day after their release, and both were two of the bigger new releases of the past year. I did "pre-order" both about a week before release though.

Snohomie

Reaction score
I pre-ordered Bioshock (well after it came out) and put it #1 on my Q for all but once (NFL HC) and never got it. Usually got about the 3rd or 4th one down. Maybe the selection is better for 360? Admittedly, I've only used it for PS3 so it might work well for other systems.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Snohomie":31brr5xu said:
I pre-ordered Bioshock (well after it came out) and put it #1 on my Q for all but once (NFL HC) and never got it. Usually got about the 3rd or 4th one down. Maybe the selection is better for 360? Admittedly, I've only used it for PS3 so it might work well for other systems.

I don't know, like I said I used it for ODST (360) and Uncharted 2 (PS3) and got the same result with both games, and both were console exclusives.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Whoops. I thought Uncharted 2 was 360 as well. I don't keep up on these things enough.

Maybe I just made poor choices with games or something... but I definitely was not happy with them. Maybe I was expecting too much, that could be a possibility.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Snohomie":2x34zurh said:
Whoops. I thought Uncharted 2 was 360 as well. I don't keep up on these things enough.

Maybe I just made poor choices with games or something... but I definitely was not happy with them. Maybe I was expecting too much, that could be a possibility.

So wait, you have a PS3 and you haven't played Uncharted 2? Wow.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Seanhawk":118nzmuj said:
Snohomie":118nzmuj said:

So wait, you have a PS3 and you haven't played Uncharted 2? Wow.

Yeah, I haven't played a lot of Next-Gen staples. In my defense, I have trouble spending enough time on games to maintain my local dominance of NBA2k10 and Madden as well as keeping my COD:MW2 skills up to par.