Just a hunch on the unsung hero

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Just a thought I had earlier tonight when people talk about someone unexpectedly stepping up. With all the guys who get attention on our defense who get attention, particularly in the secondary, what if the guy who makes the play that either turns the game for us or secures the win ends up being Maxwell, a guy who only got into the starting lineup due to injury and suspension and then played well enough to keep his job.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
He has not only played "well enough" he is second only to Sherman in terms of passes defended, interceptions, and passer rating - albeit he has a much lower snap count than Sherman does - for obvious reasons.

Axx

Reaction score
Maxwell is the 2nd best corner in the nfl and has the numbers to back it up.

I really dislike how analyst seem to exclude maxwell from the legion of boom and dont talk about him like the elite corner than he is.

How unfair is it for a nfl team to have the best and 2nd best corner in the league.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unsung heros are guys that are not expected to make an impact, Maxwell is a impact corner, Lane, Walters, Turbin, Falwell, Lockette, or Bowie as a TE that catches a pass or something is what I look at as Unsung. Even Willson could not be considered a unsung guy since he has been a factor in our offense. Miller and Him have been the two guys Wilson will go to if the defense plays to deep and leaves those lanes open.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Clinton McDonald (due, in-part to Mebane beasting as well). I'll go bold and say 2.5 sacks for McDonald with a FF that Seattle recovers. I'll even go one further saying his pressure is directly responsible for either an errant pass that is picked off or he tips it and it's intercepted.

I know, highly unlikely. My other guess would be Luke Willson has at least 3 catches of 25+ and ends up with 100 yards receiving (give or take 10 yards).

CHawk

Reaction score
Pie Romania":3jw5wxjj said:
Clinton McDonald (due, in-part to Mebane beasting as well). I'll go bold and say 2.5 sacks for McDonald with a FF that Seattle recovers. I'll even go one further saying his pressure is directly responsible for either an errant pass that is picked off or he tips it and it's intercepted.

I know, highly unlikely. My other guess would be Luke Willson has at least 3 catches of 25+ and ends up with 100 yards receiving (give or take 10 yards).

I like the Willson pick he seem due for a break out game

Brithawk38

Reaction score
Not sure he would class as 'unsung' but put Harvin down for a special teams touchdown that is a huge momentum turner.

On D i pick Malcolm Smith to add to his NFCCG pick with a turnover generating play (probably a FF)

On O i pick Bailey to be heavily involved in 6OL package and to help spring Beastmode for a 20+ yard TD run

Largent80

Reaction score
I just heard on the radio that Denvers kicker only had 2 touchbacks when they played there in Sept.

Which means if there is wind we should get some run backs.

Guess who we will have back there?

Yup.......Mr. Harvin

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":2qayno2l said:
I just heard on the radio that Denvers kicker only had 2 touchbacks when they played there in Sept.

Which means if there is wind we should get some run backs.

Guess who we will have back there?

Yup.......Mr. Harvin

Or Tate just to mix it up.... :th2thumbs:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I think it would be foolish of them to allow Percy to have a run back of any kind. Likely a priority for them on ST. The D line and/or the Line-backing corps are where the potential for a standout performance lies for me. Either through constant pressure on Manning or the neutralization of his mid-field assets. I have faith in Thomas,Sherman and Maxwell to make life difficult for the long game. So that leaves the Dink and Dunk or the run game. I think we have the answer to their run game so that leaves the Welker, Decker and some of their lesser receivers on slants and crossing routes. Bobby, Bruce, KJ, Kam and the boys will feature heavily. I will take Irvin as my standout pick.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I really think it will be Jermaine Kearse. The Broncos do not have a DB capable of staying with him on his deep go routes.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
I'll throw one out there that is unexpected.... the much maligned Robert Turbin.

I can see Turbin coming in for a play or two to spell Beastmode... perhaps on a 2nd and long. With Lynch out... the Denver defense relaxes expecting a pass play and focuses their attention to Harvin in the slot. Instead Seattle sticks with the run game... and for once Turbin slips a tackle and hits the seam resulting in a huge gain...(much like his run against the Saints the got called back).

He is just a forgotten man in the run game, who I think is capable of hitting a big play at an unexpected time. He could become an unsung hero.

sutz

Reaction score
I can't get Baldwin out of my mind as the "unsung" hero that comes up big. Maybe it's just my love for the underdog or something, but he has been big for us all season.