The Official Travel to NJ and NYC information thread

Subzero717

Reaction score
Siihawk":2gl6vlh8 said:
Drinking just got tougher. According to Rockafella's FB page, they will only be open noon to 3 and then reopen at 5 for the viewing party.
*EDIT* If you prepurchase the $25 ticket you will be permitted to stay the entire day. Only those without tickets will have to leave between 3 and 5pm.

I hate shards like this. American greed.

Incubus

Reaction score
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Carlow East is OPEN to all 12's all weekend - except for during the Super Bowl watch parties! Yippee!!

I decided to answer my own question(s) and contacted Carlow East directly.

Here is there exact response when I told them there were rumors out there about them being open to locals only:

"That's a vicious rumor started by a paper in NJ to get people to go to bars out there... we are open to all at all times except during the game, at which point we have official watch parties set up. If you need tickets to one of our events, let me know man! HAWKS!! We're also doing Blue Friday with Blue Thunder @ 7pm on Friday! Other than that, we're just a bar that leaves its door open to all 12s "

So.....they are indeed open to all....and Blue Thunder will even be there on Friday night.

Go Hawks!!

Incubus

Reaction score
I also just came upon a fairly long list of Seahawk fan events that are getting organized throughout the week.

These all came from an event being scheduled from the Facebook Page called "The Place where only 12's Hang with Mama Sherman". (kind of a fun page actually)

The event scheduled on FB is called "ONLY 12s Going to NY/NJ SUPER BOWL INFO CENTER!!! ( LETS MEET UP )".

I can't confirm or vouch for any of these activities.....but here's the list and details directly from their FB page:

Hope this helps!

--------------------------

12s Are you ready to TAKE OVER New York!?!?!?!

12s RALLY NEW YORK TIMES SQUARE FRIDAY the 31st.
ACTUAL LOCATION IN TIMES SQUARE:
Corner of 7th and West 43rd st. In front of Walgreens/Where the ball drops on New Years Eve/Kitty Corner from the Hard Rock Cafe. Look for 12s and sign!!!

A Super Week of Events put on for the 12s By the 12s!
Bring on the Seahawks Road Crew!

Justin Smith contact in New York. 805-305-4479 or 707-853-1861 as second option.

Carlow East is an established NYC Seahawks Bar stop by at any time during your stay in New York to grab a drink with fellow 12s.

PLEASE KEEP CHECKING the EVENT DETAILS as the May Change due to Weather & Finalizing Details

*TUESDAY- TBA
====================================
*WEDNESDAY-
2pm Super Bowl Boulevard
http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/48/events/boulevard

3pm Group Photo at the TOBOGGAN RUN
At 60 feet tall and 180 feet long, this 8-lane Toboggan Run Engineered by GMC promises a winter memory for adults and kids alike. Tickets are $5 per ride and can be purchased at the ticket kiosks at Three Bryant Park Plaza or at the NFL Shop at Super Bowl in Macy's. All proceeds will benefit MillionTreesNYC. Ticket kiosks are open from 10am-9:30pm ET and are located at 3 Bryant Park Plaza at 41st street.

TOBOGGAN RUN HEIGHT REQUIREMENTS:
Under 36": Not allowed to ride
36" - 42": Can ride accompanied by an adult
42" or Taller: Must ride alone
*THURSDAY-

+6AM
GOOD MORNING AMERICA 12s TAKE OVER

Good Morning America does take ticket reservations if you would like to appear on the street outside of the studio. Many people to come by the studio and stand outside in the background, hoping to been seen by the cameras. If you'd like to do that, go ahead and bring signs and your energy. Please Note: Signs cannot contain Web Adresses or endorse businesses of any kind. No bags larger than a basic purse. No gift cards for the hosts. Must have a Photo ID.

The show tapes Live Monday-Friday, from 7am-9am.

The studio is located at Times Square at 44th Street and Broadway, NY, NY

+Brooklyn Bridge 12s Group Photo & Possible Statue of Liberty - More Details to Come

*BLUE FRIDAY-

+12s TAKE OVER the TODAY SHOW+
30 Rockefeller Plz
New York

PLEASE ARRIVE Between 530-6AM so we can get as many Seahawks Fans on TV at the Today Show! Dress Warm as we will be Standing Outside the Glass of the Show to be on TV!

Important Information
It's free to stand outside during the NBC Today Show filming, but don't expect to get inside.
NBC Today Show is filmed on the 1st and 2nd floor of NBC Studios in Rockefeller Center.
Occasional concerts and interactive events are held outside for audiences to see.
You can be on television by being in the crowd behind the glass of the NBC Today Show recording studio

http://www.today.com/

+2:30PM+
Ice Skating & 12s Group Photo in Central Park

Wollman Ice Skating Rink
59th Street
New York, 10023
(212) 439-6900
wollmanskatingrink.com

Friday - Sunday
and Holiday Weeks
ADULTS: $18.00
YOUTH: $6.00
SENIORS: $9.00

SKATE RENTALS: $8.00
(tax incl.)

LOCK RENTALS: $5.00 + $6.00 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT ( tax incl.)

CASH ONLY

SPECTATOR: $5.00

Directions
Best Park Entrance:
Central Park South (59th Street) and 6th Avenue. Wollman Rink is a two minute walk into Central Park from this entrance. Follow the footpath directly into the park and stay to the right.

By Subway:
Take the A, B, C, D, 1, 9 to 59th Street
Take the N, R to 5th Ave.
Take the B, Q to 57th Street

By Bus:
Take the M1, M2, M3, M4 to 64th Street
Take the M5, M7, M10, M104 to Columbus Circle

Parking:
There is no parking at the rink or within Central Park.

+Carlow East Blue Friday Rally Happening All Day at our NYC Seahawks Bar
1254 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10028
Saturday- Time Square & Rally Night TBD More Details to Come

+Carlow East Rally Happening All Day at our NYC Seahawks Bar
1254 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10028
Sunday- "Tailgate" Party & Super Bowl- Details to Come
Viewing Locations TBA

Siihawk

Reaction score
We decided that pregame we are going the the V12 official bar and rally at Copacabana. Great set up just spendy! $150 per head not including drinks. Buts its right downtown and starts at 9 so plenty of time to prefunk and get to the game.

Siihawk

Reaction score
Incubus":3ew09ffw said:
SiiHawk....

Is Carlow East only allowing locals on Super Bowl Sunday.....or is that their policy all weekend long?

We were planning to visit probably Saturday evening sometime.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I was going to clarify but it looks like you got it!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Or…hotels reduce opportunistic and greed ridden hotel rates to more reasonable levels given they will go vacant…

nsport

Reaction score
OMFG - I will be on a plane right now tomorrow.... Can't contain myself!

The only problem: I have about 5 days worth of work to do in the next few hours.

Riley12

Reaction score
I agree, but I bought my shuttle tickets from EWR anyway.

I hope that Saturday Time Square 12 Rally materializes. That might be fun to attend.

Incubus

Reaction score
For those of you heading to New York in the next couple days.....make sure to check and see if your hotel price has DROPPED.

Our room at the Hilton dropped by about a hundred bucks a night.......saving us over $400.

Of course....you have to call them and ask them to adjust it for you. Hilton Garden Inn on 35th was really cool about it.....and have an awesome AAA rate if anyone is still looking.

This also might not work if you locked into a non refundable room rate...but still worth a try!

lsheldon

Reaction score
I hope we have a media thread after the game so that fans who were there can post pictures and video's of their trip. Not going, so it would be nice to be able to live vicariously through others who did go.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Finally in flight from SeaTac to Salt lake to JFK. Security took about 25 mins, so anyone traveling please be early to the airport. Lots of 12s in ky flight but I guess they are all chilling. Everyone is so quiet. Paid for my in flight WiFi for mobile for 3 dollars so I can be connected to .NET. Excited and ready to go. #GOHAWKS!

Schleprock

Reaction score
RockHawk":ilrbqn6g said:
Not sure if I'm more excited for the Super Bowl, or for seeing Schleprock post again.....

Not takin that bait... boss.

Schleprock

Reaction score
BTW, anyone else notice that Doug Farrar had the third ask in the Pete Carroll press conference just after they landed in New York?

I know I did.

jp25591

Reaction score
Hello im staying in east midtown. Does anyone know my best option for getting to metlife stadium for the game?

Thanks.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
JP you gotta get to 34th street...then take the shuttle to the stadium. Your best option.