2013-14 EPL Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2yr48889 said:
Goals. Liverpool's got 'em.

What a run out that was...

Studge may owe Suarez and Gerrard apologies.. but either way, what a performance

(and Arsenal muddled it!)

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
To me, Arsenal gained 1 point, but everyone is reacting to the draw against a stingy Southampton side like it means Arsenal are gonna be relegated. It's pissing me off though that everyone is acting like this automatically means Arsenal are out of the title fight and seem to be acting like Chelsea and City will run the table. Everyone wants to act like they're invincible and are incapable of dropping points too. Who's to also say that this result won't pressure Wenger into pushing that Draxler deal into full throttle or even signing others? Don't act like Arsenal's out of the title race(when they're still technically 1st) with 4 months still to play, even with that upcoming schedule for the next 2 months.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":367usn48 said:
To me, Arsenal gained 1 point, but everyone is reacting to the draw against a stingy Southampton side like it means Arsenal are gonna be relegated. It's pissing me off though that everyone is acting like this automatically means Arsenal are out of the title fight and seem to be acting like Chelsea and City will run the table. Everyone wants to act like they're invincible and are incapable of dropping points too. Who's to also say that this result won't pressure Wenger into pushing that Draxler deal into full throttle or even signing others? Don't act like Arsenal's out of the title race(when they're still technically 1st) with 4 months still to play, even with that upcoming schedule for the next 2 months.

Uh...who's "everyone?"

Who are you talking to?

Lovely tackle by Flamini by the way

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":f6dm1kqp said:
Uncle Si":f6dm1kqp said:
peachesenregalia":f6dm1kqp said:
Goals. Liverpool's got 'em.

What a run out that was...

Studge may owe Suarez and Gerrard apologies.. but either way, what a performance

(and Arsenal muddled it!)

Yeah, glad to see Coutinho have a big game today, he needs the confidence. When he, Sterling, Sturridge and Suarez are all firing, we're unstoppable.

Flannagan is mannnn. Johnson is as good as gone, IMO. Nice to see Kelly back to fitness, too. I think we could use a CDM for cover, a pacey winger (Assaidi, anyone?) and some more fullback cover. None of which are immediately pressing. I expect us to be quiet this window. I think Salah was really it, and I'm fine with that. With Sturridge and Suarez in such fine form, we can just out-score our way to the CL next season.

Arse were probably lucky to nab the two points with a Desmond there. United fans will get false hope from beating one of the worst teams in the league again. To me, this league becomes a dogfight between City and Chelsea through the run-in.

So 6 points from United in one direction... 6 from Arsenal in the other

Who we closer to?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2pkgeb49 said:
Konoplyanka?

I mean.....fair enough.

supposed to be a hell of a player... better than Salah by all accounts. This gives alternatives for Sterling (wow, what a player he's turning into!) and allows Coutinho to slot into the CAM role, which is the best for him and us.

After Sterling, we have Moses and Aspas, neither of which have helped us in the slightest.

Found this updated table this morning... We've had the biggest improvement on points this season. Based on relative fixtures (meaning if the fixtures upcoming for all teams play out like they did last year.. a stretch I know Gate) this is how it finishes...

Team Pl 12/13 13/14 P+/- Prj'ed
Man City 22 40 50 +10 88
Chelsea 22 41 49 +8 83
Arsenal 23 51 52 +1 74
Liverpool 23 34 46 +12 73
Man United 23 56 40 -16 73
Spurs 22 42 43 +1 73
Everton 23 39 42 +3 66

United would have to perfectly match their results from last year (which was near perfect in honesty) to equal Liverpool's fixtures (which include home games to City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and away to United)..

Such a massive improvement in one year. Well in BR

(Gate... this is all speculative... calm it)

Gate... direct comparison to last season (this does not reflect on who each team played last year verse this year, just a snapshot of points from 2013 to 2014... so there you go.. nice start to Arsenal's season. tough fixtures coming up, as we saw)

Team 2012/13 2013/14 +/- Prj'ed
Arsenal 37 52 +15 88
Chelsea 45 49 +7 81
Man City 51 48 +2 80
Spurs 41 43 +3 75
Liverpool 34 46 +12 73
Man United 56 40 -16 73

Uncle Si

Reaction score
well, from what i hear, Dnipro is keen to deal, player is keen to go, but Ayre is playing with Konopoly money

turn the lights off on your way out boys...

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Uncle Si":10f28hzz said:
well, from what i hear, Dnipro is keen to deal, player is keen to go, but Ayre is playing with Konopoly money

turn the lights off on your way out boys...

You win, shut it down.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":x7aej9pm said:
If this one falls through, I want the board to sack Ian Ayre. He's pure shite, and has cost us a number of times when we were supposedly "In pole position" To sign several players.

Sounds eerily similar to our mate Levy. So many 'what ifs' that add up to blown opportunities. I don't think I want Levy out, but I hope he learns from his mistakes.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Well Liverpool appear to have failed to sign that Ukrainian that I've never heard of before.

And Arsenal signed Kallstrom on loan from Spartak Moscow... well it's better than no one.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1scay7ri said:
Well Liverpool appear to have failed to sign that Ukrainian that I've never heard of before.

And Arsenal signed Kallstrom on loan from Spartak Moscow... well it's better than no one.

He made Kyle Walker looked pedestrian, so he falls into the exclusive category of most wingers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1jwznn8s said:
Ayre out.
agreed and I think this is probably his last window in Liverpool looks to be a bit on lucky is well apparently the very billionaired Russian owner pulled the deal at the last second either way to do better you lose out on to target the last 2 weeks we don't get top 4 going to be all kinds of changes at the club really unfortunate

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":oeormo6p said:
Gatehawk":oeormo6p said:

He made Kyle Walker looked pedestrian, so he falls into the exclusive category of most wingers.

Not really that impressive, and even so, still doesn't mean I know him. Like I do know Kallstrom, but that's only through using him on FIFA Ultimate Team.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Kono is an exciting young prospect Gate... Made a name for himself with a solid Ukrainian national team in qualifiers. You will hear more if him. Very much in the mold of Walcott, but better on the ball.

Not a big loss as it was 16 mill for a player out of contract in the summer who has never played a game in the prem. Still... Liverpool need the depth. Confused why they didn't go for a cm..I'm assuming they trust Allen and Lucas will be back soon enough.

Windows shut. Race for 4th is on. Only United got better. Arsenal failed to add an impact player (Kallstrom in nice experienced depth in the mid while Ramsey's out but nothing exciting). City missed on two Porto targets. Chelsea added for the future. Spurs and Everton didn't do much. In that sense outside of Mata no one did anything to pressure the other...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
http://m.mlssoccer.com/news/article/201 ... paign=Paid

Its starting...

I said it in an MLS thread... the affiliation relationship is beginning to take form. My club just affiliated with Sporting KC. And now we see Arsenal players being loaned to MLS teams.

This will develop quite rapidly. MLS teams are affiliating with regional clubs that meet their requirements, adding better organization and education to those clubs while getting a better look at more players. European and South American pro clubs are now doing the same with MLS teams. It wont take long to trickle down.
I love it..

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
The Ox has definitely eased the anxiety around Emirates Stadium. Two great goals by him in his first start since returning from injuries providing the difference in Arsenal's crucial 2-0 win over a stubborn Crystal Palace. Both goals came thanks to very bad mental lapses by Palace's defense which were very well organised for the majority of the game.

Oh and Kolo, Kolo, Kolo, Kolo. He definitely didn't see Anichebe there did he.