2013-14 EPL Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":bkuhhmfs said:
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Chelsea?

did you see how they are in for Salah now...

i dont see winger as a "need" for Liverpool after the emergence of Sterling... but if they nab the Egyptian that will be two players in two windows.

and all we got in return was something called Moses.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1e7ei48a said:
Hawkspur":1e7ei48a said:

i dont see winger as a "need" for Liverpool after the emergence of Sterling... but if they nab the Egyptian that will be two players in two windows.

Supposedly Salah is a vocal and committed anti-Semite. If true, and assuming he does end up at Chelsea he'll become an instant fan favourite.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":7jn83b1f said:
Uncle Si":7jn83b1f said:
Hawkspur":7jn83b1f said:

Supposedly Salah is a vocal and committed anti-Semite. If true, and assuming he does end up at Chelsea he'll become an instant fan favourite.

oh well, we dont need wingers anyways... but Jose's trolling of the PL is something to watch. Seriously he is in a class by himself these days.

My favorite quote of the week: "I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent." - Arsene Wenger

ummm....

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Wenger obviously considered United, City and Barcelona to be a class above Arsenal. Sounds about right.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":32ybd342 said:
Wenger obviously considered United, City and Barcelona to be a class above Arsenal. Sounds about right.

Is there a bigger whiner in the PL?

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Liverpool lose out on their only real target of January. Lose to Everton on Tuesday, don't see the top four rest of the season. Pessimistic? Maybe. Reality? Likely.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":b7o591hx said:
Liverpool lose out on their only real target of January. Lose to Everton on Tuesday, don't see the top four rest of the season. Pessimistic? Maybe. Reality? Likely.

Well this is alot of supposition. We have no idea if Salah was a target, or our ONLY target. Word is we never even bid. Doesnt sound all that serious to me.

Remember we have the easier run in of our top 4 competitors. Dropping points to Everton would be painful, but certainly not insurmountable.

It is worrying we havent brought in cover at DM or an outside back. Salah was a winger, and we have Coutinho and Sterling there, including Ibe, Assaidi, Aspas and Borini in the club. Hard to say he was a real need..

Lets see how the next week pans out. Sounds as though Lucas is 2-4 weeks instead of 6-8 as well

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ifa30rna said:
oh well, we dont need wingers anyways... but Jose's trolling of the PL is something to watch. Seriously he is in a class by himself these days.

My favorite quote of the week: "I am surprised. Juan Mata is a great player and they sell a great player to a direct opponent." - Arsene Wenger

ummm....

Well let's see here, Chelsea has now played United twice this season, Arsenal, Liverpool and City still have to face them one more time. You know Mourinho did this to try and sabotage the other Top 4 clubs. Though it kinda loses sense when you consider Chelsea still has to play those same 3 teams also and now they won't have Mata, not that he was used much regardless.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2cp4d2dd said:
Gatehawk":2cp4d2dd said:
Uncle Si":2cp4d2dd said:

ummm....

Well let's see here, Chelsea has now played United twice this season, Arsenal, Liverpool and City still have to face them one more time. You know Mourinho did this to try and sabotage the other Top 4 clubs. Though it kinda loses sense when you consider Chelsea still has to play those same 3 teams also and now they won't have Mata, not that he was used much regardless.

Arsehole.

37 million just doesnt make sense...

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1j1jir6u said:
peachesenregalia":1j1jir6u said:
Gatehawk":1j1jir6u said:
Uncle Si":1j1jir6u said:

ummm....

Arsehole.

37 million just doesnt make sense...

37 million seems like a bit much for a player that's spent so much of the season(Unfairly might I add) on the bench.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Arsenal through to the fifth round with a, for the most part, comfortable and easy 4-0 win over League 1 side Coventry City. Podolski with a first half brace, and Giroud and Cazorla finished the scoring in the final 6 minutes. Coventry did put up a valiant effort but just couldn't finish their chances and it just showed the gulf in the difference in how easily Arsenal scored their 4 goals. Arsenal definitely let off the gas in the 2nd half and almost let Coventry back into things, and they did have some great chances, with Fabianski making a great save and the post denying another. It'll be interesting to see who Arsenal draw now.

In the only other FA Cup game of the day, Preston North End and Nottingham Forest played a scoreless draw and will have to replay the tie at Preston North End.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":154tugps said:
Uncle Si":154tugps said:
peachesenregalia":154tugps said:
Gatehawk":154tugps said:

ummm....

Well let's see here, Chelsea has now played United twice this season, Arsenal, Liverpool and City still have to face them one more time. You know Mourinho did this to try and sabotage the other Top 4 clubs. Though it kinda loses sense when you consider Chelsea still has to play those same 3 teams also and now they won't have Mata, not that he was used much regardless

37 million seems like a bit much for a player that's spent so much of the season(Unfairly might I add) on the bench.

so why would you question Chelsea's sense in taking the money? they just dumped a player they dont use for 37 million... dumped him to a rival that still has games with their direct competition for top 4.

Jose's won this. Wenger's hypocritical moaning made it priceless. Oh well... only two winners in that deal and none of them are Arsenal and Liverpool

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2gxbqbm7 said:
[/quote]

so why would you question Chelsea's sense in taking the money? they just dumped a player they dont use for 37 million... dumped him to a rival that still has games with their direct competition for top 4.

Jose's won this. Wenger's hypocritical moaning made it priceless. Oh well... only two winners in that deal and none of them are Arsenal and Liverpool[/quote]

Should probably add Pellegrini to your list. And the 37 million I was talking about was referring to Man U, it's a transfer record for them but Mata isn't exactly worth that much, Mourinho trolled so many people in this, but it's really as much a gamble for Chelsea as anyone else.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
37 million may be a lot but as United desperately needed top quality, preferably Premier League proven, talent in January they didn't have a lot of choice. Good deal for all involved.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Top 4 clashes have been drawn in the 5th round of the FA Cup with Manchester City vs Chelsea and Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":28xb6f9u said:
Top 4 clashes have been drawn in the 5th round of the FA Cup with Manchester City vs Chelsea and Arsenal vs Liverpool.

Tough draw for all..

Gate. Take a quick look at Arsenals schedule from February through early March

Its unreal

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2u0hagb5 said:
Gatehawk":2u0hagb5 said:

Tough draw for all..

Gate. Take a quick look at Arsenals schedule from February through early March

Its unreal

It's a difficult schedule. I won't be too surprised if Arsenal stumble a bit during it. Honestly the only tough ones EPL-wise, are Liverpool(away), City(home) and Chelsea(away). Arsenal have made minimal mistakes at best this season, their worst game was at the Etihad(but then again, who's had a good game visiting there?). Having Bayern twice and Liverpool at home in the FA Cup isn't gonna make things easier, but if Arsenal make it to April in a decent position, they'll still have a chance to win the league. It's not gonna be easy, but if anyone can navigate something like that, it's gotta be Wenger.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Here's Arsenal's February/March by the way... no envy on this side I have to say. Massive task.
Obviously, advancing in either cup adds games to the ones that exist.

Jan 28
Southampton v. Arsenal

Feb 2
Arsenal v Crystal Palace

Feb 8
Liverpool v Arsenal

Feb 12
Arsenal v Manchester United

Feb 15/16
Arsenal v Liverpool
FA Cup 5th Round

Feb 19
Arsenal v Bayern Munich
UEFA Champions League (Round of 16)

Feb 22
Arsenal v Sunderland

Mar 1
Stoke City v Arsenal

Mar 8
Arsenal v Swansea City

Mar 11
Bayern Munich v Arsenal
UEFA Champions League (Round of 16)

Mar 15
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal

Mar 22
Chelsea v Arsenal

Mar 29
Arsenal v Manchester City

Apr 5
Everton v Arsenal

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Just to add on to Si's little Arsenal run down, should Arsenal or Swansea advance to the Quarterfinals of the FA Cup. Their match on March 8th will be postponed.