Kaepernick Is Not A Thug... Far From It

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Polaris":39fjnujl said:
5_Golden_Rings":39fjnujl said:
But there's a BIG difference. 49er fans hate Wilson as a PLAYER because he's GOOD and he makes plays against the 49ers. Seahawk fans hate Kaepernick as a PERSON. Why? Probably isn't racism since Wilson is also of mixed race. So what's the difference? Why do 49er fans only attack Wilson as a player but Seahawk fans attack Kap as both a player and a person, despite both of them generally being good guys, if different in their stages of life (one lives the bachelor life, one is married and all things that go with those two respective positions in life).

If the roles were reversed I almost guarantee you 49ner fans would be attacking Kaep as a person and a player (as the Seattle QB), while the Seattle fans would be attacking Wilson as a player (with the undertone of "is that an android or a person?") Why? Kaep opens himself up to attacks on his person with his own actions while Wilson really doesn't.

That's possible, even probable, but either way it reflects pure ignorance. Willful ignorance, at that. It would either way. Being that it's 2014 and not 1950, I figured our society would be beyond attacking someone because of the way they look rather than the way they act- and Kaepernick acts the same was as most NFL players do (this all started with the racist white guy's article calling Kap a thug because he has Bible verse tattoos- which caused the bicep kissing, which caused more ignorance about him from people too lazy to ask why he does the celebration, and on and on). Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured 2014 was 60ish years AFTER the "content of their character" passage Dr. King so eloquently etched into history.

I think you're right if the roles were reversed it'd be the same thing, but it'd still be ignorance.

chris98251

Reaction score
Guilt by association, Gang style dress is associated with drugs, thuggery, bravado, the media promote it, the Gangs relie on it for image and establishing their reputations.

Hip Hop and Rap artists murdered all that is associated with dress and yes Tatoos. He has chosen the tough act image and it's associations. He will garner that reputation if he continues that as his marketing and image.

Not everyone is aware or understand how all that interacts, it's what is promoted and how it's presented in the media and advertising. He could be a really great guy and wholesome and everything, but it's the image he gives to the public that he will be judged by when off the field.

If you think prejudice and Racism as well as gay exceptence and religious acceptence is here becasue it's not the 50 and or 60's then you need to wake up from the ideology you have. It may not be displayed like it was in those days, and you may have groups trying to get rid of names like the Redskins. But in the PC world people have learned to curb their private opinions outwardly except to their inner circles. It's still here, in the closet more these days. But here and working towards being less prevelant in main stream society.

Someday, yes I hope we can get past the petty differences and focus on real issues instead of playing in to the hands of dessent by keeping everyone at everyone else's throat over this type of thing. As long as were seperated by this stuff, we are never truly working towards the greater well being of us all.

razor150

Reaction score
49ers":kn59wa29 said:
We all know how awesome RW is, there's no disputing that. I just hate seeing so many people knocking Kap for his lack of charity work, when it couldn't be farther from the truth.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 13225.html

BNsuSffCQAEw9i0

If you're reading this, thanks for letting me share.

I don't speak for everybody here but I have seen many people call him a thug. He behaves like and is a douche though. That seems to be the prevailing sentiment on him here and elsewhere.

hawk45

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3ttrafn6 said:
Polaris":3ttrafn6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3ttrafn6 said:
But there's a BIG difference. 49er fans hate Wilson as a PLAYER because he's GOOD and he makes plays against the 49ers. Seahawk fans hate Kaepernick as a PERSON. Why? Probably isn't racism since Wilson is also of mixed race. So what's the difference? Why do 49er fans only attack Wilson as a player but Seahawk fans attack Kap as both a player and a person, despite both of them generally being good guys, if different in their stages of life (one lives the bachelor life, one is married and all things that go with those two respective positions in life).

If the roles were reversed I almost guarantee you 49ner fans would be attacking Kaep as a person and a player (as the Seattle QB), while the Seattle fans would be attacking Wilson as a player (with the undertone of "is that an android or a person?") Why? Kaep opens himself up to attacks on his person with his own actions while Wilson really doesn't.

That's possible, even probable, but either way it reflects pure ignorance. Willful ignorance, at that. It would either way. Being that it's 2014 and not 1950, I figured our society would be beyond attacking someone because of the way they look rather than the way they act- and Kaepernick acts the same was as most NFL players do (this all started with the racist white guy's article calling Kap a thug because he has Bible verse tattoos- which caused the bicep kissing, which caused more ignorance about him from people too lazy to ask why he does the celebration, and on and on). Maybe I'm wrong, but I figured 2014 was 60ish years AFTER the "content of their character" passage Dr. King so eloquently etched into history.

I think you're right if the roles were reversed it'd be the same thing, but it'd still be ignorance.

Swing and a miss. People have always been judged by their demeanor, manner of speaking, etc. The reason you don't go into a job interview tatted up and talking mumbledy-mouthed like a teenage wannabe rapper (how Kaep talks) is because in many situations, when folks don't have a complete history of your actions to judge you by, making a good impression is important.

You're trying to conflate that with racism which is a blind hatred of someone no matter what their actions or demeanor. It's not even close. Kaep speaks and acts immaturely in some situations, so he's judged as immature. It may be an unfair judgment, but he has a hand in this.

I personally think Wilson is preternaturally mature for a kid not yet 30. I don't really think much less of Kaep for not being quite as polished. I sure as hell wasn't as polished or mature as Wilson at his age. Kaep is a bit on the insecure end of the spectrum (selfies, swag, speech, rude to media, refusal to give other teams credit) but that doesn't have much to do with quarterbacking and doesn't even mean he's a bad person. He's a kid.

On gameday yeah I hate his douchey butt, but that just being a fan. Niners fans must vomit every time Sherman is on screen.

Axx

Reaction score
1512678_659690947410930_436102416_n.jpg

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't hate Kaepernick. I don't think he's a douche. I do think he's a bit immature and sometimes *acts* like a douche. He came across as much more likable prior to being drafted.

Axx

Reaction score
sc85sis":r4nvyqq3 said:
He came across as much more likable prior to being drafted.
So 9ner fans, we've all seen the pre-draft kaep interviews. He almost seemed like a happy go lucky guy. What happened?

SF49r

Reaction score
Axx":2wur1j6j said:
sc85sis":2wur1j6j said:
So 9ner fans, we've all seen the pre-draft kaep interviews. He almost seemed like a happy go lucky guy. What happened?
Fame.

Comeinpeace

Reaction score
Axx":3vdpwbe6 said:
sc85sis":3vdpwbe6 said:

He's still happy go lucky and you can see that in the locker room vids, he's just not happy go lucky with the media. What happened you ask? The media criticized him for not speaking to his birth mother and his tattoos. Because of this, his media responses are now short with no emotion behind them whatsoever. Then the most ignorant of fans see that and call him a douche so that they can feel better about players on their team. That's about it.

Cazking

Reaction score
It really is childish how you guys hate a guy personally for faulty reasons. I didn't realize Seattle was filled with a bunch of conservative old white men that view anyone with tattoos and a backward hat as a thug. I guess 90% of the players in the NFL are thugs.

You want to call someone on the 49ers a thug? Call Aldon Smith a thug for hanging around a bad crowd and getting a few DUIs.

But go on and find some way to convince yourself that your hatred for this kid is well warranted. This is exactly why Seattle is the only fan-base in the NFL that I have no respect for. I can at least have a rational football conversation with a Rams fan or Cardinals fan while keeping what I consider a healthy rivalry.

Oh and by the way, if there is one team with character issues looming you don't need to look much farther than your own city.

A

Anonymous

Cazking":2ip6cg6j said:
It really is childish how you guys hate a guy personally for faulty reasons. I didn't realize Seattle was filled with a bunch of conservative old white men that view anyone with tattoos and a backward hat as a thug. I guess 90% of the players in the NFL are thugs.

You want to call someone on the 49ers a thug? Call Aldon Smith a thug for hanging around a bad crowd and getting a few DUIs.

But go on and find some way to convince yourself that your hatred for this kid is well warranted. This is exactly why Seattle is the only fan-base in the NFL that I have no respect for. I can at least have a rational football conversation with a Rams fan or Cardinals fan while keeping what I consider a healthy rivalry.

Oh and by the way, if there is one team with character issues looming you don't need to look much farther than your own city.

Pot, meet kettle.

Axx

Reaction score
Cazking":1mykpalj said:

Is that you kelso the kettle head from that 70s show

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Cazking":1p8g6q1v said:
This is exactly why Seattle is the only fan-base in the NFL that I have no respect for. I can at least have a rational football conversation with a Rams fan or Cardinals fan while keeping what I consider a healthy rivalry.

Cool-Story-Bro.gif

Why the hell are you here then? GTFO.

hawk45

Reaction score
Comeinpeace":n4wq4qdk said:
Axx":n4wq4qdk said:
sc85sis":n4wq4qdk said:

He's still happy go lucky and you can see that in the locker room vids, he's just not happy go lucky with the media. What happened you ask? The media criticized him for not speaking to his birth mother and his tattoos. Because of this, his media responses are now short with no emotion behind them whatsoever. Then the most ignorant of fans see that and call him a douche so that they can feel better about players on their team. That's about it.

Sure, because it's everyone's job to research the reason why he presents a douchey persona to the media, our main form of access to players.

He was glorified endlessly in the offseason by the media, and pretty much during his run last year (Kaep, Russell, and RGIII all had a ton of positive press). What is with Kaep and focusing on the negative amidst a sea of positive? That's why I laugh about the headphones commercial, Kaep is a guy who definitely needs something to help him tune out the negative because he seems to have paper-thin skin.

I don't necessarily blame him, again just a little immaturity which isn't outlandish in a league of under 30 year olds, and he plays well on the field even on the road, so I'm not going to draw some wishful connection between his handling of media (both social and mainstream) and his play. But he really struggles with the media concept if that's your explanation for why he's turned on all media. All athletes remember slights against them by the media and hold grudges. Most athletes don't focus their butthurt at all media afterwards, for one because they can get over it and for two because it makes you look whiny-poo if you let it affect you so greatly.

It surprises me that he acts that way and I think he'll grow out of it over time. His play on the field suggests that he IS capable of tuning out what he needs to tune out.

Calling him a thug is going a bit far, but he does act like a wannabe thug and Niner fans need to realize the burden is not on the rest of the world to look past the tats, speech patterns, running off the field, and not talking to the media. The guy himself is responsible for his image, it's not on everyone else to get him on the couch and find the trusting little boy inside. Good grief.

chris98251

Reaction score
I didn't realize Seattle was filled with a bunch of conservative old white men that view anyone with tattoos and a backward hat as a thug

Who the hell are you calling old !

Racist post !

Damn Liberal !

Actually it's filled with a bunch of Transplants from California these days that still can't drive in the rain, but they are 12's so we still love them.

300ZXNA

Reaction score
chris98251":2xpwbxun said:
300ZXNA":2xpwbxun said:
Carmon1274":2xpwbxun said:
With 11 posts only. It's hard to really believe you.

Explain to me how 11 posts means I am automatically a liar? Ask Radish, I was one of the heavy posters on here from about 2000 through 2007 . . . which is not coincidentally when I began pursuing my degree in optometry, hence me not having any more time to dork around on a forum, as much as I love doing it. I graduate in 3 months and the classload has lessened greatly, thus I'm back.

Since you have been gone I will say this, insider knowledge or a source close to the situation has become a touchy subject since someone stated they had inside sources concerning one Carson Palmer deal. They now are not posted or need to have the source verified as valid if one makes that statement.

Secondly assumption is said to make an ass out of you and me.

This forum has moved and had to be reset multiple times assuming that a post count dictates experience here is something we all may fall into.

Fair enough. FTR, I stand by my account of Kaep's behavior. People can believe what they want, but hopefully won't discount it completely due to its anecdotal nature....

300ZXNA

Reaction score
Oh, and just to prove I am one of the old guards, I was here for Doug Farrar's "napkin" takedown of Steve Sidwell's idiotic defensive schemes. Good times those were . . .

hawk45

Reaction score
300ZXNA":12un2cu1 said:
Oh, and just to prove I am one of the old guards, I was here for Doug Farrar's "napkin" takedown of Steve Sidwell's idiotic defensive schemes. Good times those were . . .

The napkin was for Ray Rhodes wasn't it? I wish so badly I had that JPG saved somewhere on my hard drive. If anyone was wise enough to save that, please please pass it along. That was the funniest thing I've read on a forum.

300ZXNA

Reaction score
Hm, could have been . Both were pretty bad coordinators. Seems it wouldn't be too hard to recreate the napkin, wasn't it ten guys blitzing and one guy doing a 30 yard drop? Or was it the other way around...